Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who is ready for the XFL to start?? Saturday, February 18!

13 hours ago, Nancy said:

I am looking forward to it and if you didn't know there are 8 teams this year.  St. Louis Battlehawks are one of the teams closest to Indy.

Hope it's good and fun like it was before!  Will you be watching?

https://www.xfl.com/

I am looking forward to it. Hoping to go to a game or 2, since I live in Stl. AJ McCarron is likely the starting QB

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/28/2023 at 9:47 AM, Myles said:

I'm not, really.   

I am looking forward to season 2 of the USFL.   It was good football last season.

Some good football by 3 of the 4 clubs yesterday,seems talent a but higher then what USFL will have this year. Several former Colts in action yesterday.

• Like 1

I totally forgot about it, honestly. 

I dunno. I’m not ready for more football yet. That’s part of the reason I got so into the USFL last year. I got a proper break from football before it started. 

I forgot about the games yesterday, and didn’t see anything at all about them until I saw this thread, so… it doesn’t seem to have made much of a splash. :dunno:

• Like 2

13 hours ago, John Waylon said:

I totally forgot about it, honestly. 

I dunno. I’m not ready for more football yet. That’s part of the reason I got so into the USFL last year. I got a proper break from football before it started. 

I forgot about the games yesterday, and didn’t see anything at all about them until I saw this thread, so… it doesn’t seem to have made much of a splash. :dunno:

Same here, I didn't watch any.   Did the XLF ditch their crap they tried to do the first time they started.  It was way too much like wrestling and not about football.

On 1/28/2023 at 9:47 AM, Myles said:

I'm not, really.   

I am looking forward to season 2 of the USFL.   It was good football last season.

You MISSED some good football!! Some new rules so have to figure some of it out, but overall good talent!  It's fun!  Games on Thurs/Sat/Sunday FX & ESPN!  Give it a try!

• Like 2

On 2/20/2023 at 5:38 AM, Myles said:

Same here, I didn't watch any.   Did the XLF ditch their crap they tried to do the first time they started.  It was way too much like wrestling and not about football.

It was not all crazy like when they played before.  Several different rules to make it interesting...or not! Good crowds though.

• Like 1

Anyone believe him?

Maybe technically true since he left being a career back up QB to be a starter in a much lesser league but the real reason is because his has made over $15 million while throwing just 174 passes.  I guess $86,000 per pass is pretty good money.

Former Cincinnati Bengals quarterback A. J. McCarron has hit the ground running in his first season in the XFL, leading the St. Louis Battlehawks to two thrilling comeback victories for a 2-0 start. 

Aside from his performance on the field, McCarron received praise from XFL owner Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson on Friday because of his decision to leave the NFL to pursue a career where he could "create memories" with his two young boys. 

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/xfl-owner-dwayne-johnson-praises-ex-nfl-quarterback-taking-less-money-create-memories-kids

• Like 1

On 2/24/2023 at 10:55 AM, Myles said:

Anyone believe him?

Maybe technically true since he left being a career back up QB to be a starter in a much lesser league but the real reason is because his has made over $15 million while throwing just 174 passes.  I guess $86,000 per pass is pretty good money.

Former Cincinnati Bengals quarterback A. J. McCarron has hit the ground running in his first season in the XFL, leading the St. Louis Battlehawks to two thrilling comeback victories for a 2-0 start. 

Aside from his performance on the field, McCarron received praise from XFL owner Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson on Friday because of his decision to leave the NFL to pursue a career where he could "create memories" with his two young boys. 

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/xfl-owner-dwayne-johnson-praises-ex-nfl-quarterback-taking-less-money-create-memories-kids

I guess if he's happy with what he's doing!  Lots of games this weekend to watch!  I'm kind of loving the San Antonio Brahmas!

Well who does this??  Sells the teams' plays to another XFL team?  Well Quinten Dormady - QB of the Orlando Guardians! Let go for 1 day then brought back!  Crazy stuff like this won't work too well!

https://deadspin.com/xfl-quarterback-allegedly-sold-plays-to-opposing-teams-1850190082?rev=1678028413768&utm_campaign=Deadspin&utm_content=1678029242&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR1-0u5vA-1cOobTT__P1vWWp7_vXIKhi0I2_P5BDUZzjK-Ia-0WmgGv_SQ

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

For those that have been watching the XFL - here's the info on the championship game on May 13.  It's been a fun season!

The 2023 XFL Championship Game will be on May 13, 2023, at the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas. The contest will determine the champion of the 2023 XFL season and be played between the South Division title winners Arlington Renegades and the North Division title winners DC Defenders.

I kind of like the Arlington Renegades but DC has been solid.

• Thanks 1

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2023/05/09/indianapolis-colts-jahcour-pearson-minicamp-invite-xfl/?itm_source=parsely-api

This kid can flat out play,Im excited about him being given the invite....Falcons also issued an invite

60 catches 670 yards in 10 games. 5'7 178lb slot...with Josh Downs firmly entrenched as starting slot would need to beat out McKenzie for back up slot. I think he would def make our p.s unless route to Falcons 53 looks easier to him.

Renegades win League title with 4-6 (40%) regular season record,cant find any team in Pro sports (Or amateur even) with a worse winning % to win it all. Feel free to post any team that has done so. Kudos to Luis Perez their qb who helped secure the title been around in a lot of leagues (AAF,USFL,XFL,NFL) and finally has his championship.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2023 at 11:56 PM, holeymoley99 said:

Renegades win League title with 4-6 (40%) regular season record,cant find any team in Pro sports (Or amateur even) with a worse winning % to win it all. Feel free to post any team that has done so. Kudos to Luis Perez their qb who helped secure the title been around in a lot of leagues (AAF,USFL,XFL,NFL) and finally has his championship.

Yes congrats to Arlington and Perez really brought it after he was sent to Virginia!  I really enjoyed the season of the XFL.  Was hoping for St. Louis to be in the final game since they have such a big fan base.  I know some guys that drove there from Indy for a couple games and had a blast.  They have a big tailgating party and some nice fans!