Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ejiro Evero getting 2nd interview with Colts for hc job

bluephantom87

Idc if the coach is offense or defensive minded anymore. Just get a real leader who players will fight for. 

This team need someone who is going to adapt to the player's strengths, and realize not everyone is plug and play in their system. Which most likely falls under the OC, but you get what I'm saying.  

They need a HC who isn't afraid to stand up to Ballard (if need be) and be passionate about the direction of the team and be able to right the ship when it's not going the right way. 

All that said, I hope they go younger/fresh bright minded and not just some old retread older coach.   

On 1/24/2023 at 9:29 PM, bluephantom87 said:

As reported by NFL.com he is the Broncos dc. My question is why? The league is steering away from defensive minded HCs but this is typical Colts lately stuck in the 80's time warp under Ballard. Is he going to oversee Gus Bradley's defense? I don't get this. Thoughts?

Unless the whole D scheme is going to be scrapped. Maybe these guys r coming in here and telling Ballard this D is crap as  have been saying for years. Time for a whole restructure. See people on here have  fooled  themselves into thinking this D has  arrived. We heard such excuses as this  D was gassed and just gave up. They played some pretty crappy  offences  early on and I thought it is just fools gold.  Just look at this D under Ballard's steward ship and every time they play a  balanced  D they get torched. U cannot play just one style of D  for most of a game and hope to have succes. The offences and coaching has come a long  way. 

Timing is everything.

There are currently 11 openings for OC.

SO, if you hire  D leaning HC, what a scramble it will be to Find a OC and his staff that will make you one of the higher scoring teams, eventually.

Looks like to me if you find a well qualified OC type that you build from there.

He has the off season to work with his underling OC to build an offense based on philosophy and the current talent.

Ya gotta be able to outscore them sumb's.

Go Coltahans!  JIM, i'm setting you straight!!!!!  :lecture: 

Best wishes to all the coaching candidates!!

I DO NOT CARE whether the coach we hire is from the offensive - or - defensive side of the ball!!  

As long as the head coach can bring in a quality coaching staff in both sides of the ball - I'll be satisfied!!

Only a * wouldn't want Bubba Ventrone to return as our Special Teams Coordinator!!

On 1/24/2023 at 10:29 PM, bluephantom87 said:

As reported by NFL.com he is the Broncos dc. My question is why? The league is steering away from defensive minded HCs but this is typical Colts lately stuck in the 80's time warp under Ballard. Is he going to oversee Gus Bradley's defense? I don't get this. Thoughts?

We went from being ahead of the curve with Peyton and polian to relics of the Past with pagono and frank 

On 1/27/2023 at 1:51 AM, jbaron04 said:

We went from being ahead of the curve with Peyton and polian to relics of the Past with pagono and frank 

I'm leaning your way jb.

Perhaps the genius now is that Ballard can see the horror of Gus's system and that it will earn them both getting fired.

Ballards vision of defense has landed him highly drafted Banogu, Lewis, Turay, those two disasters from his 1st draft, and others.

So just maybe, all of these interviews is him digging deep to rethink defense for these current times. Finding the right players is how you compete at the highest levels. 

But there is a level of aggression that Ballards preferred scheme does not bring. He must learn and adapt NOW!

On 1/28/2023 at 1:34 PM, throwing BBZ said:

I'm leaning your way jb.

Perhaps the genius now is that Ballard can see the horror of Gus's system and that it will earn them both getting fired.

Ballards vision of defense has landed him highly drafted Banogu, Lewis, Turay, those two disasters from his 1st draft, and others.

So just maybe, all of these interviews is him digging deep to rethink defense for these current times. Finding the right players is how you compete at the highest levels. 

But there is a level of aggression that Ballards preferred scheme does not bring. He must learn and adapt NOW!

Yea I agree these are all hot candidates and if you hear from all of them on their ideas and what staff they would get. You might find a common theme , like if 3-5 candidates are all saying I would hire this guy to be my OC, DC, etc… they might be able to poach guys or find under the radar players or coaches 

Archived