Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will Levis, QB, Kentucky

17 hours ago, stitches said:

Kurt Warner started his tape breakdowns of the draft prospects this year. Here's the first part of his Will Levis breakdown:

He focused too much on just 1 game. Granted, the Georgia game makes the bigger impression but in order to establish consistency, which I felt was lacking in Levis, I wish he would do more games.

3 hours ago, chad72 said:

He focused too much on just 1 game. Granted, the Georgia game makes the bigger impression but in order to establish consistency, which I felt was lacking in Levis, I wish he would do more games.

He does part 1 which is the good stuff, and then part 2 is the negative stuff. I don't know if he'll do multiple games for one player, though.

11 minutes ago, Superman said:

He does part 1 which is the good stuff, and then part 2 is the negative stuff. I don't know if he'll do multiple games for one player, though.

Yeah, we can see clearly though that the tools are there. Josh Allen, when his gun slinging was tempered a bit by Brian Daboll had a better year in 2021 and regressed a bit in 2022. The advantage we have is our OC is also our HC calling plays, and there should be some stability to any rookie we are bringing in. That would benefit a guy like Levis if that is the direction we choose to go.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Lots of the staff have been in the industry (GMs, scouts etc…) so they have different takes than the other draft media guys. Their rankings are completely different from anyone else’s.

Do we know whose ranking is that? For example, I know Greg Cosell is not super high on Levis. I think he said ideally he would be a second round pick. I don't know if those rankings are an average from all their writers or what? 

1 hour ago, stitches said:

Do we know whose ranking is that? For example, I know Greg Cosell is not super high on Levis. I think he said ideally he would be a second round pick. I don't know if those rankings are an average from all their writers or what? 

https://www.the33rdteam.com/nfl-draft/2023/players/will-levis-35214/scouting-reports/

Theres 3 different reports here and one is actually from Cosell. The other is from Spielman and then there’s a consensus one.

Also 2nd round is harsh. There were a lot of people that had Malik Willis as a 1st rounder last year.

17 hours ago, krunk said:

Nice site

I think the site is quite good.   But ironically, I think the one place where they are the weakest?    The draft.   

All over the map.   

They’ve put out a new top 100.   And it has some of the craziest rankings I’ve ever seen.   Head scratching doesn’t begin to cover it.    I know few like group think, but some of this looks like they put names in a hat and pulled them at blind random to form their top-100.    Flat out weird, IMO. 

2 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

https://www.the33rdteam.com/nfl-draft/2023/players/will-levis-35214/scouting-reports/

Theres 3 different reports here and one is actually from Cosell. The other is from Spielman and then there’s a consensus one.

Also 2nd round is harsh. There were a lot of people that had Malik Willis as a 1st rounder last year.

Seems like this is the people who are responsible for the big board:

https://www.the33rdteam.com/author/the-33rd-team-scouting-department/

Led by T.J. McCreight, The 33rd Team Scouting Department evaluates players in the NFL and college football. A former player personnel executive for the Philadelphia Eagles and former director of college scouting for the Indianapolis Colts, McCreight has nearly 25 years of NFL scouting experience.

He is joined in the department by three scouts:

>> Kevin Cohn, former scouting assistant for the Jacksonville Jaguars and assistant director of player personnel for the University of Connecticut.

>> Justin Casey, worked for the Arizona Cardinals in football administration and then as the senior player personnel executive for the Montreal Alouettes.

>> Evan Pritt, former scouting assistant for the Philadelphia Eagles and former player personnel assistant for the University of Maryland.

TJ McCreight was director of college scouting for the Colts between 2012 and 2016. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Also for what it’s worth Spielman came out and said he doesn’t agree with the site’s consensus ranking of Levis. Says they got it wrong. So it seems as if the site will have very differing opinions which is actually cool to see.

No different than any other scouting site. :) 

No Smoke from the chimney till draft day.

On 3/30/2023 at 7:35 AM, stitches said:

TJ McCreight was director of college scouting for the Colts between 2012 and 2016. 

Honestly….   It’s my opinion that much of their draft coverage is surprisingly weak.   Their latest top-100 Big Board was pretty terrible.   one of the worst I’ve ever seen. 
Almost as if they put names on 100 pieces of paper,  put them into a hat, and randomly picked them blind.   Way too many for my comfort level make little or no sense to me. 

Another JT video. A lot of people are getting fed up with the excuses about the system/players around him but if you watch this you can see the plays he’s making in spite of getting killed by his OL and bad play calling

• Like 1

On 3/30/2023 at 8:35 AM, stitches said:

So he was the director of college scouting for Grigson then. Honestly, seeing his results, I couldn't have a lower opinion of him knowing that.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

No that was a guy that makes stuff up at draft time. He does it every year. By all accounts the ones i would trust have said all 4 quarterbacks have interviewed well.

The guy had a masters and graduated with a 4.0. No he isn’t Leaf lol

I believe it is bull crap but just because someone has a  masters and 4.0 does not mean he  is not full of it. Wall Street is full of those self entitled..... lol!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I believe it is bull crap but just because someone has a  masters and 4.0 does not mean he  is not full of it. Wall Street is full of those self entitled..... lol!!

Just means it’s a great indicator it’s highly unlikely. Leaf was out of the league after four seasons and went to prison for drugs and burglary.  Guys and gals with a masters and 4.0 gpa typically have a great head on their shoulders. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

No that was a guy that makes stuff up at draft time. He does it every year. By all accounts the ones i would trust have said all 4 quarterbacks have interviewed well.

The guy had a masters and graduated with a 4.0. No he isn’t Leaf lol

Well that's terribly wrong for this guy to put out this stuff. Totally slander. Your talking a young man's career. 

It’s just soft journalist saying that. They also said Anthony Richardson is cocky & should not be talking about his big arm like he does. 

I want a QB with swag. 

All four QB’s have it too this year which is nice. 

My list is still the following:

1.) Stroud

2.) Young

3.) Richardson

4.) Levis

But, I like Levis & Richardson more now than at the beginning of the off-season. 

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Just means it’s a great indicator it’s highly unlikely. Leaf was out of the league after four seasons and went to prison for drugs and burglary.  Guys and gals with a masters and 4.0 gpa typically have a great head on their shoulders. 

Head on straight...agreed. Do u think he is the Colts pick?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Head on straight...agreed. Do u think he is the Colts pick?

If we take a QB I hope it is him. Pretty weak QB class if you ask me, better than last year but not anything special. Some of these defensive players look really good tho.  I’m ok with whatever direction the Colts decide besides Bryce Young. Would rather avoid that guy. 

• 2 weeks later...

One thing I will give Levis’ is that despite the ridiculous amount of hate he gets as a prospect, he has carried himself like a true pro. He’s never gone on social media and called anyone out or make a little backhanded comment. Shows a lot of maturity.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Jeez, some of these videos have me coming around on Levis.  He seemed so arrogant on the podium, and he bragged about his “arm cannon” after an extremely inaccurate throwing session at the combine.  But all that might be unimportant compared to all the stuff we don’t see on the media: leadership, preparation, brain power, etc.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Archer said:

Jeez, some of these videos have me coming around on Levis.  He seemed so arrogant on the podium, and he bragged about his “arm cannon” after an extremely inaccurate throwing session at the combine.  But all that might be unimportant compared to all the stuff we don’t see on the media: leadership, preparation, brain power, etc.

I liked Cowerd's breakdown on Levis. Things that stood out to me, were he (Levis) plays hurt. Not a very good supporting cast in 2022, with zero 1st or 2nd Team SEC selections from KU. 

He has a lot flaws, but I like Levis.

5 hours ago, Peter Nova said:

I liked Cowerd's breakdown on Levis. Things that stood out to me, were he (Levis) plays hurt. Not a very good supporting cast in 2022, with zero 1st or 2nd Team SEC selections from KU. 

He has a lot flaws, but I like Levis.

I’m glad that our scouts do a ton of research on the character side of things.  ‘Cause there just seems to be something “off” in Levis’ personality.  Maybe like Zach Wilson.  They both seem to be a little elitist, which will hurt their ability to lead.

I mean, Levis is super smart and lives and breathes football, which will draw comparisons to Peyton.  But Peyton and fellow genius Andrew Luck grew up around NFL locker rooms, so they were comfortable with leading the NFL common man.  Levis just seems like he’s going to struggle to lead at the next level.  It’s just a feeling, and I’m glad it’s not my decision to make…

• Confused 1

I have come around to the point of......  I truly dont care

Just pick a guy..... and call it a day....

I have no idea if a kid is a wiener or a future all pro

My GUT tells me we will be in consideration for a top pick next year, whomever we pick this year

Take any of 1-5 QBs this year..... if it doesnt work out......  take a QB next year

In fact.... ALSO ..... take a flyer on ANOTHER QB, in round 4-6

Dugan (He exited badly vs Georgia, but looked like a pro against many teams including  Michigan)

OR

Jaren Hall 

I am not super enamored with any QB prospect this year

EVERYONE seems to love QB1-  Young.....    (I do too)

When  5'10" 188lbs meets 330lbs.......  Bad things happen

They WILL meet many times....  The QBs get hit again, and again, and again.....

I think he will be great for the first games every year, then get nicked......  IR spot

But.......

I will be happy whomever they pick....

Cause this old Texan....... Just dont know.....

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

I have come around to the point of......  I truly dont care

Just pick a guy..... and call it a day....

I have no idea if a kid is a wiener or a future all pro

My GUT tells me we will be in consideration for a top pick next year, whomever we pick this year

Take any of 1-5 QBs this year..... if it doesnt work out......  take a QB next year

In fact.... ALSO ..... take a flyer on ANOTHER QB, in round 4-6

Dugan (He exited badly vs Georgia, but looked like a pro against many teams including  Michigan)

OR

Jaren Hall 

I am not super enamored with any QB prospect this year

EVERYONE seems to love QB1-  Young.....    (I do too)

When  5'10" 188lbs meets 330lbs.......  Bad things happen

They WILL meet many times....  The QBs get hit again, and again, and again.....

I think he will be great for the first games every year, then get nicked......  IR spot

But.......

I will be happy whomever they pick....

Cause this old Texan....... Just dont know.....

I'm just looking forward to a potential new franchise QB and face of the organization the next decade. I don't care if its Stroud, Levis or AR. Colts fans need hope and something to get excited about. 

• Like 4