Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ryan Grigson confirms Luck as #1 pick

Dan

Okay, so we knew this for ages but finally, official word from the mouth of someone at Colts rather than just reports. Ryan Grigson at minicamp today told press that Andrew Luck is the number 1 pick. Story just breaking but expect articles and videos later, for now we just have a picture and this:

grisgsoncamp.png

http://www.nfl.com/n...gn=Twitter_news

Also confirmed is that Luck will miss the first rookie minicamp due to Stanford commitments, but will be free from then on :)

Congratulations for landing Andrew Luck, Colts fans!

It's been such a pleasure following Andrew's career here in the Bay Area. He is an amazing player and even more amazing young man.

What I find really unique about him is that he mixes a lot of different characteristics that don't seem to go together usually: wisdom, humility, leadership, intensity, ferocious competitiveness, unselfish, down-to-earth. He performs his best under pressure, so I have no doubt he will be a great pro. And don't worry about his arm strength. Those who watched him in person all say he's got a VERY powerful arm.

But all of this, you'll soon be able to see for yourselves. You are in for a treat. I promise.

Sorry ryan you a week late to the party irsay already confirmed this by saying he was giving away an autographed luck football last week :)

Just having some fun honestly I am glad to see the colts admit to something once it has become clear that is what they are going to do and not trying to hide it.

Oh yeah, duh me.

Maybe I dreamed it but I swear I heard or saw that the colts will have luck jerseys to give away at the draft party. Luck could come out and hold up his jersey on draft night since it sounds like the colts already know. They had peyton hold up his when he was picked.

Maybe I dreamed it but I swear I heard or saw that the colts will have luck jerseys to give away at the draft party. Luck could come out and hold up his jersey on draft night since it sounds like the colts already know. They had peyton hold up his when he was picked.

I'd hope thats the case because I want one on Friday. I heard that the Titled Kilt downtown is giving away some Luck jersey's on Friday from 3-7 for JMV-1070 The Fan's radio show. IF they are giving them out there, they have to be on sale somewhere that day.

The team is not expected to finalize a contract with Luck before the draft, which begins Thursday, NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora reported last week.

Rookie pool numbers aren't yet known, and so negotiating a contract would be "quite difficult," a source involved in the process told La Canfora.

There you go those who wanted to sign him 4 months ago. Seems it's quiet hard to do.

PPPPPPPPPFFFFFTTTTTTTTTT I'm so disappointed by this. I really was hoping they would pick Ryan Tannehill at the last second. Most people would probably consider him better looking. His golden hair flows like fine silk in a subtle breeze. It's all about the looks and image nowadays because they can flatter the opposition to death with their charm and brilliant looks. :flirt:

haha,

I kid, I kid!!!!!!

Nice, can't wait to see this kid in action.

PPPPPPPPPFFFFFTTTTTTTTTT I'm so disappointed by this. I really was hoping they would pick Ryan Tannehill at the last second. Most people would probably consider him better looking. His golden hair flows like fine silk in a subtle breeze. It's all about the looks and image nowadays because they can flatter the opposition to death with their charm and brilliant looks. :flirt:

haha,

I kid, I kid!!!!!!

Nice, can't wait to see this kid in action.

:lol:

It is so refreshing to have a GM who can actually speak & who doesn't give the media more information than they need to speculate, conjecture, & pontificate.

Grigson is a no nonsense, straight shooter. What you see is what you get like Coach Bill Belicheck without the ambiguity & monotone voice. And Best Of All....No "And Um's" over & over again...

I never really had any doubt even before the reports came out last week from Shefty. Luck was and is the obvious choice over the wildly over-sensationalized Griffin.

I agree with this, except take out the over-sensationalized Griffin. I think Griffin will be a solid QB, but not as good as Luck