Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I've noticed in some mocks that alot of people want us to take a RB but this is not the year to IMO we have 2 solid ones and have too many other needs such as TE, NT, 2 WRs,OG, 2 CBs, 2 DEs for new scheme since redding isnt exactly young

I agree that RB is a need just not his year

I've noticed in some mocks that alot of people want us to take a RB but this is not the year to IMO we have 2 solid ones and have too many other needs such as TE, NT, 2 WRs,OG, 2 CBs, 2 DEs for new scheme since redding isnt exactly young

I agree that RB is a need just not his year

outside of Punter and Placekicker...we need help/depth every year. Need is the worst evaluator for teams. If a good player fall to you, take him. Even if it's a RB. We could use another one. I'd be interested as to why you think our two are "solid" ? We are expected to go to a run first offense and Brown nor Carter have really done much of anything. Not that they couldn't...but I don't see why we are considering the RB position wrapped up.

As I recall, up until Brown had a decent year this past season he was another bust. One ok season doesnt make me want to hand over the run game to him. Carter showed flashes that he could be a good back, but fumbles can not come that often.

With that being said, it is possible to get an UDFA running back that can make an impact easier than other positions. But if a RB falls that is by far the BPA then i say to take him. I do not want to reach for any position no matter how bad the need is. We should be able to take BPA at each pick and still fill many needs. If RB is one that falls to us then so be it.

The Colts don't need a running back as much as we need other positions. With Luck already confirmed as the 1st pick, our needs go CB, TE, WR, OL, DL, and then RB. Maybe if we can get someone like Terrance Ganaway in the 6th(ish) then take him but no reason for spending quality picks for things that aren't on the top of our list.

outside of Punter and Placekicker...we need help/depth every year. Need is the worst evaluator for teams. If a good player fall to you, take him. Even if it's a RB. We could use another one. I'd be interested as to why you think our two are "solid" ? We are expected to go to a run first offense and Brown nor Carter have really done much of anything. Not that they couldn't...but I don't see why we are considering the RB position wrapped up.

there is a thing called positional value..and running backs don't have it

I would think that aside from Luck at QB, Wayne at WR, Mathis at DE/OLB, Freeney at DE/OLB, Powers at CB, Angerer at ILB and Bethea at S... everything else is up for grabs. I wouldn't bypass any player in the draft because of a position- we need good players everywhere, RB included

Totally agree with taking the BPA, but need always has to be taken into consideration, and lets face it, some positions, such as QB for example, are always going to trump others (LB, G, S, and yes, RB). It is widely considered for example, that Richardson is the best player in the draft - but Luck is rightly the clear-cut choice due both to need and a premium on the position.

Brown has upside, and could be the guy, or he could revert to the tentative style that led to his "darnit Donald" Manning days moniker. While he has speed and skill, he is not the punishing physical runner or accomplished blocker that Pagano covets at that position. Carter could be that guy, but his rookie season failed to deliver the tough dependable runner that was advertised pre-draft.

While I agree that we have greater needs, none more so than DL, CB, TE and S, I think that spending a mid-late draft pick on a position that will be key to supporting our new franchise player is not a bad idea, especially with the pounding that RB's take every game. I like the idea of taking a Ganaway in the 6th for that reason if he is the BPA, or close to it.

where is that rule in the football bible? Every position can be upgraded. Even the one that is supposedly going to account for 50%-60% of the offense next season.

bloodonthetracks new age football bible chapter one

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Bengals Round 1 Draft History: 2020 QB Joe Burrow – Torn ACL/MCL IR 2019 LT Jonah Williams – PUP Torn Labrum left shoulder 2018 C Billy Price – Foot injury missed 6 games – no longer starter 2017 WR John Ross – IR knee injury 2016 DB William Jackson – torn pectoral muscle IR 2015 OT Cedric Ogbuehi – entered camp with prior ACL injury – decline 5th year   Seems to me someone broke a mirror and the Bengals are having 7 years of bad luck drafting players in Round 1.  In 2014 DB Darqueze Dennard was healthy scratch most of the season.   Colts trade C Ryan Kelly to Bengals get R1P5 and Cincy gets Colts R5P148 Colts trade R1P21 to GB R1P29 (160) get GB R3P92 (132) and GB R5P156 (27.8)   Bengals                                Colts                                                      Packers                                             R1P5 (CIN-IND)                                     R1P21 (IND-GB) R1P29 (GB- IND)                                               R2P38 - RT                          R2P54                                                    R2P62 R3P70                                  R3P92 (GB-IND)                                R4P101                                R4P117                                                 R4P125 R5P132                                R5P156 (GB-IND)                             R5P148 (IND-CIN) P6P165                                R6P180                                                 R6P188 R7P195                                R7P211                                                 R7P218 R7P197   Restructured Contracts Grover Stewart, Jack Doyle, Kenny Moore II   FA Additions: QB Carson Wentz FS Marcus Williams 16m MLB Jayon Brown 6m TE Hunter Henry 11.5m   Draft R1P5 (CIN-IND) - LT Charles Darrisaw (VT) R1P29 (GB- IND) - C Landon Dickerson (Alabama) R2P54 - WR Nico Collins (Michigan) R3P92 (GB-IND) – DE Jordan Smith (UAB) played both edges R4P117 RDE Wyatt Hubert (Kansas St) R5P156 (GB-IND) – C Ryan McCollum (Texas AM) R6P180 OT Grant Hermanns (Purdue) R7P211 RB Gerrid Doaks (Cincy)   QB Carson Wentz, Jacob Eason RB Jonathan Taylor, Gerrid Doaks, Nyheim Hines, Jordan Wilkins WR T.Y. Hilton, Nico Collins, Zach Pascal, DeMichael Harris WR Michael Pitman Jr., Ashton Dulin, J.J. Nelson, Quartney Davis WR Parris Campbell, Dezmon Patmon, Gary Jennings TE Hunter Henry, Jack Doyle, Mo Alie-Cox, Noah Togiai LT Charles Darrisaw, Grant Hermanns LG Quenton Nelson, Joey Hunt C Landon Dickerson, Ryan McCollum RG Mark Glowinski, Jake Eldrenkamp RT Branden Smith, Danny Pinter, Will Holden   LDE Ben Banogu, Jordan Smith, Kemoko Turay LDT DeForest Buckner, Tyquan Lewis RDT Grover Stewart, Taylor Stallworth RDE Al-Quadin Muhammad, Wyatt Hubert WLB Darius Leonard, Matthew Adams MLB Jayon Brown, Zaire Franklin, Jordan Glasgow SLB Bobby Okereke, E.J. Speed LCB Rock Ya-Sin, Kenny Moore II, Isaiah Rogers SS Khari Willis, Tavon Wilson, Rolan Miligan FS Marcus Williams, Julian Blackmon, George Odum, Ibraheim Campbell RCB Xavier Rhodes, T.J. Carrie, Marvell Tell III, Tremon Smith
    • Not sure if we're better, but I think we have more hope. I for one, am just happy we checked the box. And I'm growing more confident it works out.
    • Not sure if it was ever a "character" issue. Sounds more like attitude to me. Purely my opinion, but he's a smart guy, has likely read everything written about him, and knows he needs to embrace this chance. If he chokes at Indy, he's likely done. Hoping he's self aware, and comes in with a fresh perspective and attitude. Regardless, I'm not sure fixing him, is really a monumental task the more I read, and the more I think about things. If his mechanics fell apart in one year, he should be able to fix them in an offseason. Sounds like he just got sloppy, and that was compounded by a lot of external things. Or one could say a lot of external things created a negative situation, and he became sloppy (perhaps stopped caring).   Whatever it is/was, I'm just not near as worried as I once was. Like I said, I think he'll return to at minimum 2019 form, and not sure Reich will have a lot to do with it. I think the freshness (new team, new city) will create a new attitude. And the OL and overall quality of the team in Indy will resonate.   I think I'm back to being more concerned about Reich lol... I don't buy all the QB whisperer stuff. Sure he's had musical chairs to deal with, but overall I credit his conservative scheme more than anything. And that's great when you're working with chaos or musical chairs. Not sure it'll be good enough to go deep once the chaos and musical chairs stop.
    • With some of the stuff that was going on with the Eagles it's not unreasonable of me to think it didn't have an effect on the whole QB/coaches/GM relationships with each other. And none of it being good for the team. Regardless I am not going to point a finger at anybody. I don't care. All I care about is from now forward.  IMO we are a better team right now that we were a few days ago.   
    • I think Reich will turn him around and beleives in him. If Reich had a real issue with his character, I doubt the trade would habe happened.
  • Members