Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I've noticed in some mocks that alot of people want us to take a RB but this is not the year to IMO we have 2 solid ones and have too many other needs such as TE, NT, 2 WRs,OG, 2 CBs, 2 DEs for new scheme since redding isnt exactly young

I agree that RB is a need just not his year

I've noticed in some mocks that alot of people want us to take a RB but this is not the year to IMO we have 2 solid ones and have too many other needs such as TE, NT, 2 WRs,OG, 2 CBs, 2 DEs for new scheme since redding isnt exactly young

I agree that RB is a need just not his year

outside of Punter and Placekicker...we need help/depth every year. Need is the worst evaluator for teams. If a good player fall to you, take him. Even if it's a RB. We could use another one. I'd be interested as to why you think our two are "solid" ? We are expected to go to a run first offense and Brown nor Carter have really done much of anything. Not that they couldn't...but I don't see why we are considering the RB position wrapped up.

As I recall, up until Brown had a decent year this past season he was another bust. One ok season doesnt make me want to hand over the run game to him. Carter showed flashes that he could be a good back, but fumbles can not come that often.

With that being said, it is possible to get an UDFA running back that can make an impact easier than other positions. But if a RB falls that is by far the BPA then i say to take him. I do not want to reach for any position no matter how bad the need is. We should be able to take BPA at each pick and still fill many needs. If RB is one that falls to us then so be it.

The Colts don't need a running back as much as we need other positions. With Luck already confirmed as the 1st pick, our needs go CB, TE, WR, OL, DL, and then RB. Maybe if we can get someone like Terrance Ganaway in the 6th(ish) then take him but no reason for spending quality picks for things that aren't on the top of our list.

outside of Punter and Placekicker...we need help/depth every year. Need is the worst evaluator for teams. If a good player fall to you, take him. Even if it's a RB. We could use another one. I'd be interested as to why you think our two are "solid" ? We are expected to go to a run first offense and Brown nor Carter have really done much of anything. Not that they couldn't...but I don't see why we are considering the RB position wrapped up.

there is a thing called positional value..and running backs don't have it

I would think that aside from Luck at QB, Wayne at WR, Mathis at DE/OLB, Freeney at DE/OLB, Powers at CB, Angerer at ILB and Bethea at S... everything else is up for grabs. I wouldn't bypass any player in the draft because of a position- we need good players everywhere, RB included

Totally agree with taking the BPA, but need always has to be taken into consideration, and lets face it, some positions, such as QB for example, are always going to trump others (LB, G, S, and yes, RB). It is widely considered for example, that Richardson is the best player in the draft - but Luck is rightly the clear-cut choice due both to need and a premium on the position.

Brown has upside, and could be the guy, or he could revert to the tentative style that led to his "darnit Donald" Manning days moniker. While he has speed and skill, he is not the punishing physical runner or accomplished blocker that Pagano covets at that position. Carter could be that guy, but his rookie season failed to deliver the tough dependable runner that was advertised pre-draft.

While I agree that we have greater needs, none more so than DL, CB, TE and S, I think that spending a mid-late draft pick on a position that will be key to supporting our new franchise player is not a bad idea, especially with the pounding that RB's take every game. I like the idea of taking a Ganaway in the 6th for that reason if he is the BPA, or close to it.

where is that rule in the football bible? Every position can be upgraded. Even the one that is supposedly going to account for 50%-60% of the offense next season.

bloodonthetracks new age football bible chapter one