Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have 4th pick (Official Discussion Thread)

danlhart87

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Sadly, that's a good point. He loves the "athletic" guys with good measurables, even if they underwhelmed in college. 

Lord help us, we're getting Levis.

I'm no expert in evaluating college players but what is being said about Levis is exactly what they said about Allen.  It took Allen 3 seasons to develop into what he is today.  Even Allen is reckless. I call him Favre with legs.

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

I'm no expert in evaluating college players but what is being said about Levis is exactly what they said about Allen.  It took Allen 3 seasons to develop into what he is today.  Even Allen is reckless. I call him Favre with legs.

Bills went to playoffs is second year too so they saw pretty quick results.

4 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Players don't "price themselves." If their price is high, it's because they're good. And players aren't re-signed for many reasons, it's not just they aren't good enough. Salary cap management is a very tricky and complex thing. 

You did noticed l said the majority? Majority doesn't mean every. :bossy:

24 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

And most either were not good enough to resign or have priced themselves too high. 

We can't dismiss like that. 

Players get drafted in teams that don't utilize to their strengths, that don't fit in the scheme but may fit Colts better, that are very good in one type of coverage, that are very good in pass rush but not in run defense like Yannick Ngakoue, who haven't got enough snaps to develop or become a starter, who may be better suited with the coaching staff Colts would hire, those who may be expendable for one team because of the talent they have but Colts may be looking for one, and there are so many possibilities.... 

Dismissing free agents, whether they come cheap or expensive, just because they became free agents is silly... 

The draft evaluation teams do on college players don't just end up in draft day. Teams continue to evaluate players in other teams, especially if they could become available from the team that drafted, and try to get them during free agency or to the PS after the season started.. Teams need to prepare not only for available free agents, but also need to look for trade possibilities in all other rosters of 31 other teams or players who could be released by other teams.. 

There's so much that goes into free agency, that the homework Colts have to do at this very minute is so valuable for the rest of the year. 

9 minutes ago, coltsblue1844 said:

Look at Daniel Jeremiah's mock from tonight...Young to Houston, Levis to us...and Stroud falls to #9

I take Daniel Jeremiah very seriously. He's the no1 draft analyst in football IMO. If he has Levis going to us, then he's heard something valid that we're interested. Doesn't mean it'll happen, but I buy we have interest at the very least.

33 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Me too. He's my favorite WR in this class. Would love to get him at 35. Would play immediately for us. 

I would love Zay Flowers. Would give us a dynamic weapon this team lacks at WR as I’m still a bit skeptical if Parris can stay healthy. 

1 hour ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

We can't dismiss like that. 

Players get drafted in teams that don't utilize to their strengths, that don't fit in the scheme but may fit Colts better, that are very good in one type of coverage, that are very good in pass rush but not in run defense like Yannick Ngakoue, who haven't got enough snaps to develop or become a starter, who may be better suited with the coaching staff Colts would hire, those who may be expendable for one team because of the talent they have but Colts may be looking for one, and there are so many possibilities.... 

Dismissing free agents, whether they come cheap or expensive, just because they became free agents is silly... 

The draft evaluation teams do on college players don't just end up in draft day. Teams continue to evaluate players in other teams, especially if they could become available from the team that drafted, and try to get them during free agency or to the PS after the season started.. Teams need to prepare not only for available free agents, but also need to look for trade possibilities in all other rosters of 31 other teams or players who could be released by other teams.. 

There's so much that goes into free agency, that the homework Colts have to do at this very minute is so valuable for the rest of the year. 

I understand that but I didn't say all. I said most. I normally don't write long comments or replies.  I don't mind explaining myself but I do my best to keep it short.  

56 minutes ago, coltsblue1844 said:

Look at Daniel Jeremiah's mock from tonight...Young to Houston, Levis to us...and Stroud falls to #9

I think the idea that Stroud falls to #9 seemed very strange to me.   DJ’s mock  also had zero trades.   He will do many more mocks and they won’t look that much alike.  

People read too much into these.   

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think the idea that Stroud falls to #9 seemed very strange to me.   DJ’s mock  also had zero trades.   He will do many more mocks and they won’t look that much alike.  

I think most of are well aware of these mocks are just opinions but it keeps us entertained.  :sip:

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

We are very early into the draft season too. I expect a lot to change next couple months. 

5 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I was only using it as an example to JonJon, that Levis is ranked much higher by experts than by himself and many others on here

7 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I take Daniel Jeremiah very seriously. He's the no1 draft analyst in football IMO. If he has Levis going to us, then he's heard something valid that we're interested. Doesn't mean it'll happen, but I buy we have interest at the very least.

He cannot be taken seriously if he says Stroud will fall to #9.

Does anyone really believe he will make it out of the top 5?i think he will be gone in the first 2 picks.

I will admit I was wrong if needed.

All this will change after the combine anyway.

2 hours ago, Myles said:

He cannot be taken seriously if he says Stroud will fall to #9.

Does anyone really believe he will make it out of the top 5?i think he will be gone in the first 2 picks.

I will admit I was wrong if needed.

All this will change after the combine anyway.

Mocks are just exercises... 

Early stage exercises are even more ordinary ones.. 

Mock drafts in April from these very good experts with sources may have Some insights into what teams think or interested in and how players may be ranked. 

Archived