Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have 4th pick (Official Discussion Thread)


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Looking at that there could be no trades. Cards and bears need dline. 

If the Bears trade with us, it will put them behind the Cards for the best d line player.  They might settle for the second best, but if the Bears love one of the two d lineman, they likely won't trade and risk being behind AZ.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, New Zealands #1 Colts Fan said:

Hate to play devil's advocate but out of the teams picking 5-14, at least 6 could take a qb. What's stopping any of them moving up to 1 or 3???

 

 

Not much. It’s possible. I wouldn’t mind seeing us trade up and eliminate all fear. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, DougDew said:

If the Bears trade with us, it will put them behind the Cards for the best d line player.  They might settle for the second best, but if the Bears love one of the two d lineman, they likely won't trade and risk being behind AZ.

 

Yeah that’s what I am thinking and why there might not be any trades.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't trust that we draft a QB at all....so the psychology for me is if we trade for the #1 spot, what else would we be taking, there are no generational guards in this years draft........

  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Yeah that’s what I am thinking and why there might not be any trades.

Anderson might end up being ranked the number one player in the draft.  Many times the top ranked guy is a position player if there are some Qs about the QB.  Anderson is the real deal and he plays an important position.  I'll bet QB doesn't go 1-2-3 this year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, esmort said:

What if they suspect the Texans want the same guy.

I like young better but but if Houston takes him I'm ok with Stroud too.

 

Trading to one is pretty rare and really expensive, i wouldn't do it for either QB this year when we can just take the other with our pick

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, New Zealands #1 Colts Fan said:

Hate to play devil's advocate but out of the teams picking 5-14, at least 6 could take a qb. What's stopping any of them moving up to 1 or 3???

 

 


Exactly. You pay the price to move up to #1 to ensure you get the guy you want. There could be a handful of teams trying to trade up. From the Bears perspective, the Colts slot is a good one because it guarantees you get Anderson or Carter (assuming the Texans take a QB). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, New Zealands #1 Colts Fan said:

Texans could easily trade the 2nd and 12th to move up to 1.

 I kind of expect Texans to trade up to one then Chicago to trade down again. That will get Chicago some good draft Capital and still get a elite guy. Chicago also has a bunch of cal space to use fa.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

I don’t see the Bears willing to move that far down in the draft IMO

Yeah I could see the Bears going back to two, three, four and maybe five if Seattle wants a QB but beyond that they aren’t guaranteed one of the two defensive studs in this draft and they aren’t going to miss out on one of those two players.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

I like young better but but if Houston takes him I'm ok with Stroud too.

 

Trading to one is pretty rare and really expensive, i wouldn't do it for either QB this year when we can just take the other with our pick

There are 4 QBs that have upside too.  Richardson, Duggan, Hooker, and McKee.   And others like Jaren Hall and Spencer Rattler that are good prospects.  

 

Everybody wants the franchise guy, but its actually a deep QB draft, IMO.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

They would not do that. If they wanted the first pick they would have lost today period.

As they kept saying during the game players and coaches (especially one who might get fired like Lovie) don’t care about draft picks.  They showed the Texans owner right after they took the lead for good.  He wasn’t exactly jumping for joy.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, New Zealands #1 Colts Fan said:

Hate to play devil's advocate but out of the teams picking 5-14, at least 6 could take a qb. What's stopping any of them moving up to 1 or 3???

 

 

A team would have to be willing to move down that far. You are talking at LEAST 3 first round picks to move down from 1 or 3 to say 9, 12, etc.

 

The Bears are likely targeting Anderson or Carter. I think it’s likely they trade with the Texans or Colts, possibly the Seahawks. 
 

Arizona is the team to watch for sure imo 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Jackie Daytona said:

Ridiculous. 

Eh I don’t think so personally, but I’m sure everyone has their own idea on what route they would take

 

also for context, I am going based off if the Bears would be looking to build their front seven by adding Buckner and potentially Carter or Anderson at 4

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

 I kind of expect Texans to trade up to one then Chicago to trade down again. That will get Chicago some good draft Capital and still get a elite guy. Chicago also has a bunch of cal space to use fa.

That’s not a bad idea of their end. 
 

They could get a 2nd & a 3rd to move down to 2. 
 

Then, get an additional 1st & say 3rd to move down to #4 with the Colts. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

 I kind of expect Texans to trade up to one then Chicago to trade down again. That will get Chicago some good draft Capital and still get a elite guy. Chicago also has a bunch of cal space to use fa.

Let’s hold the horses, is there any quarterback in this draft that screams can’t miss?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, AustinnKaine said:

Rodney Thomas is such an underrated rookie.  Just watched his interview and it looks like he was crying post game.  Probably feels bad for missing that last interception.  

He did what he was told lmao (just joking), I have no idea how didn't pick that.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

A team would have to be willing to move down that far. You are talking at LEAST 3 first round picks to move down from 1 or 3 to say 9, 12, etc.

 

The Bears are likely targeting Anderson or Carter. I think it’s likely they trade with the Texans or Colts, possibly the Seahawks. 
 

Arizona is the team to watch for sure imo 

Arizona is going to take one of those two defensive players (unless someone trades with them to jump the Colts for a QB).  That’s why I don’t think you are going to see the Bears go back beyond number five if they trade out.  They would miss out on one of the two defensive studs if they do that.  I’d be more worried about a team trading with Arizona to jump the Colts than a team going all the way up to number one.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He did what he was told lmao (just joking), I have no idea how didn't pick that.

I think it legit just went through his hands.  Stuff like that happens more than you think.  happens to WRs too

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

I think it legit just went through his hands.  Stuff like that happens more than you think.  happens to WRs too

He probably had a lot of emotions this week after what his  good friend DAMAR was going through. He was going to be going to cincy  this week go visit him again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   1 member


×
×
  • Create New...