Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have 4th pick (Official Discussion Thread)

danlhart87

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

just a thought trading to 3 with Arizona then trading with bears might guarantee Anderson to bears if that is who they want.

why would Arizona trade up though? 

or am i reading that wrong

1 minute ago, Knuckles79 said:

I think they are saying colts trade with Arizona then use that pick to trade with bears

ah i don't think that makes the most sense personally.

I think a straight up trade with CHI is the most likely. otherwise we sit at 4 and take BPA (best qb )

• Like 1

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Yes because that then guaranteed bears get Anderson. But Arizona may want him so that isn’t a given.

ah i get what you are saying.  but economically wouldn't it cost more for us to double trade up? 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Happy2BeHere said:

Colts only trade up if it’s for #1, otherwise they will stay put. Book it!

My guess is your right. We may not see any trades within top 5. Just depends do bears want picks or a elite dline guy. Do colts like one of the QB over the other three?  There will be lots to sort out next few months.

Just now, esmort said:

If they love one QB, they should pay whatever it takes to get Chicago's pick to guarantee they get their guy. This isn't a pick you try to get cute with, or just take whichever QB drops. 

Work out stroud young levis and richardson and move in postion to take who they like best. If its levis or richardson they may not have to move

Just now, DaColts85 said:

I don’t know if I would want to move to #1. I think 4 is a good spot. 

Agreed. I don't see the Bears or Cards taking a QB, and I don't see anyone besides us possibly trading up to 1. We should have 2nd choice at the QBs (and it might be our 1st choice).

• Like 5

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

Agreed. I don't see the Bears or Cards taking a QB, and I don't see anyone besides us possibly trading up to 1. We should have 2nd choice at the QBs (and it might be our 1st choice).

The Cards might be a spot for someone to trade just to leap us for a QB. I agree not to many teams will want to pay the price to move up to #1 I don’t think. 

• Like 1

Just now, DaColts85 said:

The Cards might be a spot for someone to trade just to leap us for a QB. I agree not to many teams will want to pay the price to move up to #1 I don’t think. 

Yeah, the Panthers are at 9 now, so they are less of a threat.

The only threat I see to move up to 3 is the Raiders. They may trade Carr to do so. A thought is they could trade us the 7th pick and Carr to move up to 4. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DaColts85 said:

With that broncos win cards are now in a place to get one of those dline guys. Guess it depends on what they need. I am not too familiar with  their team. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

What if they suspect the Texans want the same guy. You don't just let them take him and settle for your second choice if he is truly your guy. You pay what it takes to get your franchise QB, you don't get this opportunity often.  If they view them all as similar than sure sit and take whoever drops, I doubt they will not have a preference though.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The only threat I see to move up to 3 is the Raiders. They may trade Carr to do so. A thought is they could trade us the 7th pick and Carr to move up to 4. 

If they did Id still take richardson or Levis at 7

• Like 3

Zach Hicks  on his post game said he would put money down on stroud being the next colts QB. He started by making it seem that’s what he heard then quickly caught himself and said it’s him speculation. He does have a lot of insight info but he prefers to not be a insider so never talks about it. You would have to go back and listen to the locked on colts podcast that is up from after the game today to see what I am saying. Sure made it sound stroud is the guy.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I could see it but I think Ballard knows it’s time for a young fresh QB. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Just because the Bears or Cards might not take a QB doesn't mean QBs won't be taken with those picks. Other teams could trade up and take them --- before we get the chance

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Zach Hicks  on his post game said he would put money down on stroud being the next colts QB. He started by making it seem that’s what he heard then quickly caught himself and said it’s him speculation. He does have a lot of insight info but he prefers to not be a insider so never talks about it. You would have to go back and listen to the locked on colts podcast that is up from after the game today to see what I am saying. Sure made it sound stroud is the guy.

I wonder if Zach still thinks Stroud is a pure pocket passer.

If they do want Stroud, Keefer recently said, from what he’s heard, the Colts will trade up, if they have to.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Gigc said:

Just because the Bears or Cards might not take a QB doesn't mean QBs won't be taken with those picks. Other teams could trade up and take them --- before we get the chance

Bears could be afraid to trade out of that spot past the cardinals who may want the same defensive guy they do. Cardinals might trade out down a few spots if they think they can still get their man.

7 minutes ago, Gigc said:

Yeah, I can see the Raiders, the Seahawks, the Falcons, the Panthers and potentially even the Titans potentially wanting to move up before us to get one of the two top QBs if they like them enough. It might force Ballards hand to get the first pick.

3 minutes ago, Gigc said:

We could also give the Bears our 4th and next years 1st rounder to move up to #1. Then we draft whoever we want angry the simpsons GIF

If Levis is there at 4 take him.  But I don't think that will happen.  QBs are going to change from what you're seeing now, once the scouts get good looks at them.  Young will drop like a rock the moment they measure him for example.  No team is going to take a 5' 11" QB in the top 4 picks.  He's going to struggle in winning from the pocket in the NFL.

Levis will be the 1 overall pick I think.  Might be way off but we'll see.  Then Stroud at 2.  Could be Stroud then Levis too of course but I think the pro style offense gives Levis a big edge because he can play earlier and have a clue which equals better return.

What I'd do is move up to 1 overall and take Levis if at all possible.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Boondoggle said:

If Levis is there at 4 take him.  But I don't think that will happen.  QBs are going to change from what you're seeing now, once the scouts get good looks at them.  Young will drop like a rock the moment they measure him for example.  No team is going to take a 5' 11" QB in the top 4 picks.  He's going to struggle in winning from the pocket in the NFL.

Levis will be the 1 overall pick I think.  Might be way off but we'll see.  Then Stroud at 2.  Could be Stroud then Levis too of course but I think the pro style offense gives Levis a big edge because he can play earlier and have a clue which equals better return.

What I'd do is move up to 1 overall and take Levis if at all possible.  

100% agree with that 

• Like 1