Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

HC Search Discussion Thread

JColts72

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Solid84 said:

I have this feeling we won't know until after the SB.

Ballard is flipping every stone multiple times to get this right.

Or he is getting a lot of pushback from the guy who six months ago said he preferred hiring a HC who has no NFL coaching experience. Ballard’s list doesn’t have anyone with those “unique” credentials.

13 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

The time it is taking doesn’t even concern me. It’s more what is the point of bringing a guy like Glenn in after all these second interviews. If it was some hot assistant I could see adding someone like that late.

I suppose you guys could be right and he had another priority and colts just want to stick to their word and keep  his interview.

Again. You do not know when they actually requested it. 

2 hours ago, IndyD4U said:

Is today the day?

There is a thing as too many options.

No

2 hours ago, IndyD4U said:

Is today the day?

There is a thing as too many options.

Sure, when you're standing at the counter picking out your toppings for your frozen yogurt.  When making a new hire, especially one as important as Head Coach, then no there really isn't such a thing as too many options.

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I hope candidates start pulling out. Ballard Irsay deserve for this to fall apart. It’s a circus. You have talked to each candidate for 18 hours. There is nothing more to learn.

I don’t agree with this post at all. I want us to get this right. And I certainly don’t wish for bad things to happen to my team.

8 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Why do we expect Ballard to rush this, knowing that he’s on thin ice and has to get this all right to keep his job? Wouldn’t you take every measure possible to make the correct choice? 

Rush it. lol. There comes a point where he is over doing it. He has the info he needs. At this point he is wasting everyone’s time. 

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Rush it. lol. There comes a point where he is over doing it. He has the info he needs. At this point he is wasting everyone’s time. 

Whose time are they truly wasting? Yours? Because those who in the NFL business know that sometimes things take time. 

I think the way we will truly know if Irsay is still meddling is if there is a 3rd round of interviews and Saturday makes the 3rd round. That will be Irsay doing whatever it takes to try and get Ballard on board to hire Saturday, and even if he disagrees, Irsay may do it anyway.

If Irsay wasn't as meddling as he has been this season, fans wouldn't worry as much. This almost makes it seem like Irsay seems a hard man to please and Ballard has to do this to get Irsay on board. Two rounds, I totally understand. 3 rounds - what could you not have discussed in the 2nd round over several hours that you will discuss in the 3rd round? First one was a feeler for a 10,000 feet level vision, what you bring to the table on the surface w.r.t personality and a leader of men, I get it. Second one, you get down to the nitty gritty and where you see the roster is, and should be moving forward, the offensive and defensive systems you would like, the staff you are likely to assemble etc.

That should basically be it.

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

I read an interesting tweet that these round 3 interviews are just a cover so they don't announce Steichen before the super bowl and get burned like last time.

Chad Forbes had a tweet and believed Steichen had already agreed to job.  People have said rules changed and they could sign even while still playing. So maybe just respect thing to the eagles and Steichan? 

24 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I hope candidates start pulling out. Ballard Irsay deserve for this to fall apart. It’s a circus. You have talked to each candidate for 18 hours. There is nothing more to learn.

at least you are consistent, I'll give you that. 

2 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

It took 3 interviews and 7 weeks for me to get my first ever teaching job. It’s uncommon in the NFL world but it does happen in business and elsewhere. 

In the corporate world, I have seen the last level of interviews test your knowledge, what you know etc. Some folks are given problems to analyze and tested, I have seen that in IT for sure.

It is not like a 3rd interview is needed to find out if these coaches know their Xs and Os, and if you haven't found that out by now about these coaches asking the right questions about them to the ones they have worked with, the issue is with the interviewer and not the one interviewed.

27 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Where's the eye roll emoji? It's not a circus at all. Yes, they're being very thorough but who cares. We're competing against 1 other team now. You don't win any games based on how quickly you hire a new head coach.

8 minutes ago, chad72 said:

If Irsay wasn't as meddling as he has been this season, fans wouldn't worry as much. This almost makes it seem like Irsay seems a hard man to please and Ballard has to do this to get Irsay on board. Two rounds, I totally understand. 3 rounds - what could you not have discussed in the 2nd round over several hours that you will discuss in the 3rd round? First one was a feeler for a 10,000 feet level vision, what you bring to the table on the surface w.r.t personality and a leader of men, I get it. Second one, you get down to the nitty gritty and where you see the roster is, and should be moving forward, the offensive and defensive systems you would like, the staff you are likely to assemble etc.

That should basically be it.

I kind of agree. The variable that might be relevant is that, due to new rules this year, the first round was entirely virtual. 

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I didn’t either at the time so didn’t share it. But now cr91 has me thinking maybe they have agreed to terms and are covering their butts so McDaniels doesn’t happen again.

It is a combination of the Josh McDaniels experience and Nick Sirianni's displeasure for the franchise dumping Reich (could Steichen share the same sentiments angle about our meddling owner???) that probably gives Ballard pause to cover his bases. I can definitely see that.

Archived