Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

HC Search Discussion Thread

JColts72

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Maybe we can have a boxing match between Irsay and Ballard. Winner gets their candidate lol.

Something tells me we have too many people involved in these interviews.  Too many chefs in the kitchen so to speak.  Each pushing their guy.  Time for Ballard to shrink the group and get down to business with Irsay.  Time for Ballard to take over the room.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Callahan will probably take the AZ job now if offered. 

That's not the end of the world

It means Morris Steichen and Evero are available 

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

Something tells me we have too many people involved in these interviews.  Too many chefs in the kitchen so to speak.  Each pushing their guy.  Time for Ballard to shrink the group and get down to business with Irsay.  Time for Ballard to take over the room.

Gordon Ramsey as HC

38 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Does Reich sound like the type to fire anyone? He wouldn't even fire Vinny when it was clear he needed to retire.

Bringing up an issue that’s roughly 3 years old that was settled to anyone willing to read or listen.   Sigh… 

Ballard and Reich said over and over again that they brought challengers in again and again, and that Vinny kept in winning those head to head competitions.   This is not new news.   Besides, it’s not Franks decision alone.  The Colts have a respected ST coach who gets input, and so does the GM.   It’s not about one guy.   

Besides, Frank did fire someone.   The OL coach after 2018.   The same OL coach who gets fired or not asked back after a year or two everywhere he’s been, so it’s not a Frank-thing. 

10 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Yep. Just like what happened with the QB situation. How are they even keeping all of this straight.  It’s time for Irsay to just let Ballard do his job and step aside. 

5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Benjamin Albright mentioned this when the broncos search was going on. The biggest issue is there is lack of info. When there is lack of info or people are going to try  and draw conclusions. I would say there are probably some truths to what some of us are concluding in what is happening.

Yeah, I suppose if, as a group, we put every possibility out there, someone's going to be right.

And I say that's a group effort, and we're all right.

Here was the list for cardinals. Scratch Payton off now. Seems they would want a offensive guy. I think Vance Joseph was on there too.

Sean Payton, Denver Broncos DC Ejiro Evero, Lions DC Aaron Glenn, Pittsburgh Steelers defensive assistant Brian Flores and Cincinnati Bengals coordinators Lou Anarumo and Brian Callahan as the candidates still 

7 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Benjamin Albright mentioned this when the broncos search was going on. The biggest issue is there is lack of info. When there is lack of info or people are going to try  and draw conclusions. I would say there are probably some truths to what some of us are concluding in what is happening.

Well yeah because in this very thread about three of you have come up with every possible conspiracy theory in the universe to explain or rationalize this search. So yeah, in the end, one of those theories is likely to be correct 

when the answer has clearly been stated. Ballard and Irsay both said plain as day, clear as crystal, that this search would be expansive in nature and that no stone would be left not turned over to find the next head coach and that they were willing to be patient for the right guy.  They are doing just what they said. Nothing more, nothing less. 

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Well yeah because in this very thread about three of you have come up with every possible conspiracy theory in the universe to explain or rationalize this search. So yeah, in the end, one of those theories is likely to be correct 

when the answer has clearly been stated. Ballard and Irsay both said plain as day, clear as crystal, that this search would be expansive in nature and that no stone would be left not turned over to find the next head coach and that they were willing to be patient for the right guy.  They are doing just what they said. Nothing more, nothing less. 

This is beyond expansive. They could of had glen in weeks ago for another interview. Why now? Why after you have already had 7 candidates in for a interview?

13 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

When this started, Ballard said he was willing to wait until AFTER the SB to get his candidate of choice if it was necessary.   Said it was THE MOST IMPORTANT OFF-SEASON DECISION so they had to get it right.  

Why would the words of Benjamin Albright or any other media person have more importance to you than what the GM has said?    

6 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This is beyond expansive. They could of had glen in weeks ago for another interview. Why now? Why after you have already had 7 candidates in for a interview?

You don’t know when they asked or when they did the interview. There’s been several we found out about AFTER the interview was done. And I’m sure there’s more we don’t know about. 

3 minutes ago, buccolts said:

Maybe, as a group, they're finding flaws in each candidate that they find disappointing, and it made them wonder why they left Glenn off the second round(?).

There! One more possibility to expand our chances of being right.

Who knows, maybe Glenn was out of the country for a week or so for a wedding or something. You never know. 

4 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Who knows, maybe Glenn was out of the country for a week or so for a wedding or something. You never know. 

Exactly. The Colts have to work around their schedule and the candidates schedules. There are logistics to work out all the travel issues too.

12 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Is it that important that the Colts get their HC immediately 

There is zero reason to be upset over something like this 

If this goes into next week which most likely will you gotta learn to stay calm

9 minutes ago, buccolts said:

Maybe, as a group, they're finding flaws in each candidate that they find disappointing, and it made them wonder why they left Glenn off the second round(?).

There! One more possibility to expand our chances of being right.

There is a point where they can knit pick too much. No candidate is going to be perfect.

The time it is taking doesn’t even concern me. It’s more what is the point of bringing a guy like Glenn in after all these second interviews. If it was some hot assistant I could see adding someone like that late.

I suppose you guys could be right and he had another priority and colts just want to stick to their word and keep  his interview.

55 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Bringing up an issue that’s roughly 3 years old that was settled to anyone willing to read or listen.   Sigh… 

Ballard and Reich said over and over again that they brought challengers in again and again, and that Vinny kept in winning those head to head competitions.   This is not new news.   Besides, it’s not Franks decision alone.  The Colts have a respected ST coach who gets input, and so does the GM.   It’s not about one guy.   

Besides, Frank did fire someone.   The OL coach after 2018.   The same OL coach who gets fired or not asked back after a year or two everywhere he’s been, so it’s not a Frank-thing. 

The oline coach wasn't part of the staff Frank put together. I'm just saying Frank seems very Dungy like in his demeanor. 

Just now, CR91 said:

The oline coach wasn't part of the staff Frank put together. I'm just saying Frank seems very Dungy like in his demeanor. 

The Oline coach was hired in 2018.   He served under Frank.   He was fired by Frank.  

And if Frank is Dungy-like in his demeanor, when did that become a bad thing?  

27 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Is it that important that the Colts get their HC immediately 

There is zero reason to be upset over something like this 

If this goes into next week which most likely will you gotta learn to stay calm

i dont even care who the coach is we need elite talent on the field, coaches cant pass or catch the ball

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

His demeanor may be similar but Dungy's players were held accountable while Frank's didn't seem to be. 

Frank’s didn’t seem to be….  At the end.   This only surfaced at the end of his tenure.  It was never an issue before the last two games of the 21 season. 

And odds are, Frank had the position coaches handle the harder coaching, the negative coaching, while he played the good cop.  

25 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

The time it is taking doesn’t even concern me. It’s more what is the point of bringing a guy like Glenn in after all these second interviews. If it was some hot assistant I could see adding someone like that late.

I suppose you guys could be right and he had another priority and colts just want to stick to their word and keep  his interview.

All your questions and concerns could be answered with a quick call to CB’s office.  

4 minutes ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

i dont even care who the coach is we need elite talent on the field, coaches cant pass or catch the ball

A solid HC will be beneficial to the likely QB we draft since all of them are flawed 

1 minute ago, Dingus McGirt said:

All your questions and concerns could be answered with a quick call to CB’s office.  

I have been hold all day 

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

That’s not the point. Right now the colts look stupid. Ballard looks like he can’t make a decision. Has no one impressed him enough he feels he has to bring in a 8th candidate? Is he trying ti hold off Irsay with Saturday. Are candidates turning him down?  There is something fishy found on if he feels he has to have a 8th person in.

Ballard said it was gonna be slow and may take past the Super Bowl, I'm not worried if someone backs out because they're impatient they are not a good fit anyways.

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Interesting to me, that I read a story written by Bill Polian.   He said basically, if you’re interviewing more than 5 candidates, you’re probably interviewing too many people.  

I think we had 13 interviews in R1 and now 7 in R2.   I’m sure there are reasons, and some may even be good reasons.  But from the outside looking in,  it sure seems….    Odd.  

Polian hasn't been a GM/president in 10+ years, alot has changed in that time. Ballard said it was gonna be a long process and like usual he's doing what he says.

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Frank’s didn’t seem to be….  At the end.   This only surfaced at the end of his tenure.  It was never an issue before the last two games of the 21 season. 

And odds are, Frank had the position coaches handle the harder coaching, the negative coaching, while he played the good cop.  

Dungy had “The Sheriff”…

The Colts know they absolutely need a head coach who can stand up to their clown show. This could take a while  They are going to keep inviting these guys back for interviews, no matter how long that takes. Until one of them finally says, No more, I'm out of this. Irsay and Ballard will beam with delight, and proclaim, You're it! You win!, to their new head coach, 

1 minute ago, Zoltan said:

Ballard said it was gonna be slow and may take past the Super Bowl, I'm not worried if someone backs out because they're impatient they are not a good fit anyways.

Polian hasn't been a GM/president in 10+ years, alot has changed in that time. Ballard said it was gonna be a long process and like usual he's doing what he says.

You think Bill Polian is so far removed from the game that it has passed him by?  

Seriously?  

The Colts are running the biggest, longest coaching search in NFL history.  Much longer than any other team in this, or any other cycle.  To be clear, I’m NOT complaining,  just observing.   But I’d put the odds of Polian not understanding today’s NFL at pretty close to zero.  

A rare disagreement for you and me.  

18 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The Oline coach was hired in 2018.   He served under Frank.   He was fired by Frank.  

And if Frank is Dungy-like in his demeanor, when did that become a bad thing?  

I meant he wasn't hired for Frank. He was hired for McDaniels. Not saying it's a bad thing. 

16 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I meant he wasn't hired for Frank. He was hired for McDaniels. Not saying it's a bad thing. 

I understand Frank didn’t hire him.   But he also didn’t hire two other coaches, Eberflus and Bubba.   And he kept those two.  So we can rule out that he let the O-line coach go simply because he didn’t hire him.   Frank fired the guy and kept the other two. 

Archived