Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

HC Search Discussion Thread

JColts72

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, buccolts said:

O.K., so that said, if Stroud, Young, and Will Anderson are gone, what are you doing with #4?

You take Levis or Carter and hope Hooker is available for our 2nd rounder. 

Currently I’m thinking I’d prefer we don’t trade up and take whichever of the 3 top QBs is available at 4. I’m not sold on any of them, but I still feel we need to take a chance on one of them this year. I’d rather not have to give up a 1st next or a 2nd this year. 

I’ll take Mike Kafka or Kellen Moore.  We need someone who can take an active role in developing our young 1st round QB.  These are two guys who can do that.  They’d probably bring in their preferred OC/QB coaches to help them do that.  I just hope we keep on Parks Frazier in some capacity - I thought play calling improved markedly when the job fell to him…

4 hours ago, BeanDiasucci said:

Ok. So McDaniels is out. But if we use McDaniels as the model for the type of head coach Ballard has shown that he wants to hire, who fits that model this time? 

I nominate Ben Johnson of the Lions. There are a few more that has been mentioned. 

40 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

Steichen of the Eagles or Kellen Moore of the cowboys would be excellent choices.

Look at the work Steichen has done with Hurts.

You'll need a coach like that to work with a young QB.

Steichen is a Reich supporter. Jim won't go for that.

1 hour ago, Solid84 said:

You take Levis or Carter and hope Hooker is available for our 2nd rounder. 

Currently I’m thinking I’d prefer we don’t trade up and take whichever of the 3 top QBs is available at 4. I’m not sold on any of them, but I still feel we need to take a chance on one of them this year. I’d rather not have to give up a 1st next or a 2nd this year. 

Take Carter, sign Carr,?

If he got the job I would wait and hold off judgement until I saw who he would bring in as OC. Maybe Bradley stays if Saturday is hired. His biggest hurdle would be affecting assistants. Because top assistants might think he is a joke.

On another note Saturday would be much more forceful with Ballard on players he wants then Reich was.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

super bowl steven fabian GIF by Inside Edition- maybe Jeff will hire that guy to be his water boy.

If you keep Saturday and Ballard, then Steichen of the Eagles and Moore of the Cowboys would be out.

So who the OC is becomes a critical choice.  You would have to go to Kyle Shanahan's staff where Mike McDaniels of the Dolphins came from.  He has done some really good work with Tua.

By the way, Ryan has played in Shanahans system for several years.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If he got the job I would wait and hold off judgement until I saw who he would bring in as OC. Maybe Bradley stays if Saturday is hired. His biggest hurdle would be affecting assistants. Because top assistants might think he is a joke.

On another note Saturday would be much more forceful with Ballard on players he wants then Reich was.

I doubt Jeff gets the Job, they are just saying all the right things. Emotions are running high, Jeff is a Teddy Bear so some players love him.

16 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

On the pregame show the CBS insider said Saturday is legitimate candidate for the job and Irsay thinks if he gets him an OC and a QB he can be a great coach.  I have a bad feeling it’s going to be Saturday.  

I know he’s really getting old but I wouldn’t be shocked if Irsay called Tom Moore to bring him back as the OC at least for a year or two if he keeps Saturday.

by The Expendables GIF Set

by The Expendables GIF Set

Da Expendables :) 

Archived