Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

HC Search Discussion Thread

JColts72

2 hours ago, #12. said:

Ballard's or Irsay's hearts might have said Martindale or leader type, but in the end I'm guessing their heads will say OC.  I do think they went back and forth on it.

“The league is a competitive league.  Look, you have to be really good to start in this league. If you’re worried that we’re bringing in depth and talent, you’re probably not the right guy at that position,” Roseman added referring to Wentz. So why didn't Ballard make that same assessment of Wentz, and this is the guy we trust with picking the next coach, franchise Qb and so on?

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, DEFENSE said:

that is not what i think that is all we need, many posters on here do

We have holes and needs, yes . But a solid HC is vital and what we need now in a HC is vastly different than we needed a few years ago when we thought we had a franchise QB. I don’t anyone expects an instant turn around.  

17 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

“The league is a competitive league.  Look, you have to be really good to start in this league. If you’re worried that we’re bringing in depth and talent, you’re probably not the right guy at that position,” Roseman added referring to Wentz. So why didn't Ballard make that same assessment of Wentz, and this is the guy we trust with picking the next coach, franchise Qb and so on?

Ballard made the mistake of trusting his head coach

26 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Because the supposed QB guru HC said he could be fixed and Ballard trusted his judgement

25 minutes ago, t-rex said:

My top 3

Bieniemy

Stiechen

Morris

The Colts top 3

Stiechen

Callahan

Morris

Top candidates I have never understood

Martindale

Saturday

Glenn

I think Irsay would love  hire Martindale or the guy from Green Bay. I think Irsay still regrets letting Arians  get away. Those two are Arians clones

28 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I think Irsay would love  hire Martindale or the guy from Green Bay. I think Irsay still regrets letting Arians  get away. Those two are Arians clones

Yeah, they all have so much in common. I mean, all of them have goatees, and... 

Wait, what else? 

6 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Thr special teams guys. Oh I think he is from the Raiders??

Biasicci is the special teams guy who has coached for the Packers and was the interim HC for the Raiders before McDaniel.  Rodgers really likes him and advocated for him recently on McAfee’s show.  He also received a 2nd interview.

5 minutes ago, Superman said:

Wait, what else? 

I heard on the radio they’re supposed to be cut from the same cloth.  Gamblers risk it no biscuit types. And big time leadership skills.  Loud outspoken types 

2 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

I hear in the radio they’re supposed to be cut from the same cloth.  Gamblers risk no biscuit types. And big time leadership skills.  Loud outspoken types 

Biasicci and Wink are both older candidates.  Rodgers said on McAfee’s show that the trend now is to go for the younger coordinator’s and he thinks it’s a mistake to overlook the older coaches.  He thinks being a true leader and commanding a room of players is very important if not one the most important qualifications.  Biasicci definitely fits that description he said.

13 minutes ago, Superman said:

Wait, what else? 

This convinces me it's Steichen. The goatees are compelling but I don't think so. Unless somehow he prefers the AZ job , I think it's pretty much a sure thing.

The Athletic's Zac Keefer writes his "sense" is Jim Irsay met with Shane Steichen last weekend to sit down with him before Indianapolis' in-person interview with Steichen.

This would appear to be a signal that Steichen is a front runner for the job, and he would be a logical hire for the Colts as they try to rebound from last season's Saturdaypalooza. It would also help explain why the Colts have waited so long to hire a head coach. Irsay previously said this week that he expected a hiring to be finalized in "days" not "hours," so barring some sort of Super Bowl news dump of Saturday coming back, it would make logical sense for Steichen to be the choice. 

4 minutes ago, dw49 said:

This convinces me it's Steichen. The goatees are compelling but I don't think so. Unless somehow he prefers the AZ job , I think it's pretty much a sure thing.

The Athletic's Zac Keefer writes his "sense" is Jim Irsay met with Shane Steichen last weekend to sit down with him before Indianapolis' in-person interview with Steichen.

This would appear to be a signal that Steichen is a front runner for the job, and he would be a logical hire for the Colts as they try to rebound from last season's Saturdaypalooza. It would also help explain why the Colts have waited so long to hire a head coach. Irsay previously said this week that he expected a hiring to be finalized in "days" not "hours," so barring some sort of Super Bowl news dump of Saturday coming back, it would make logical sense for Steichen to be the choice. 

How fitting would it be Steichen, if he won the Superbowl, and comes here and turns us around to be a contender in a year or two.   Colts OC went to Eagles HC and wins, Eagles OC goes to Colts and wins.   That would be magical!  lol

20 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

How fitting would it be Steichen, if he won the Superbowl, and comes here and turns us around to be a contender in a year or two.   Colts OC went to Eagles HC and wins, Eagles OC goes to Colts and wins.   That would be magical!  lol

Then in 2-3 years after Sirianni is fired the Eagles will hire our OC as HC

22 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

The Strichen  hire scares the hell out of me. It is just the hot name hire.

41 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

I think I heard somewhere that no HC in the history of the NFL has won a superbowl with 2 different teams.

57 minutes ago, dw49 said:

Very interesting Irsay flew out to Philly and sat down with him the day before his interview with Ballard.

52 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

I like it!

Archived