Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

HC Search Discussion Thread

JColts72

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Can’t wait until Monday so we know who it is. Keefer said he thinks colts have picked a HC.

Me too.  I may have a beer to celebrate!    In reality I'm having one no matter what.  I guess I'm just a happy guy.  I can celebrate anything!!!!!

27 minutes ago, buccolts said:

Thanks, but I'm not signing up for The Athletic.

So, what did it say? What prompted a 'woops'?

I deleted the wrong tweet. Ha ha. 

22 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I do think the decision is made.  We will see how long it remains a secret.  He could have already signed a contract if he’s not in the Super Bowl.  

Maybe if it’s Callahan or Morris we get a leak. If it’s Steichen I don’t expect a leak.

13 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I deleted the wrong tweet. Ha ha. 

Maybe if it’s Callahan or Morris we get a leak. If it’s Steichen I don’t expect a leak.

True but don’t forget about Wink.  As far as I know nothing has changed with the Vegas odds.  He is not considered a long shot he is considered the favorite.  He could be surprise choice.

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

True but don’t forget about Wink.  As far as I know nothing has changed with the Vegas odds.  He is not considered a long shot he is considered the favorite.  He could be surprise choice.

Ballard's or Irsay's hearts might have said Martindale or leader type, but in the end I'm guessing their heads will say OC.  I do think they went back and forth on it.

52 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

...and for that matter, I would not rule out Bisaccia...

Good chance he would be onboard with Bradley as DC

I think that the protracted wait until after the SB points to Steichen.  I know that it could point to Bieniemy, but he's been interviewed for years by many teams and hasn't landed a job.  I'm guessing he's not that impressive in person....

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Jake query this morning said he talked to someone  he trusts that might have a idea who colts are hiring. Jake said Morris. That  person said I don’t think it is going to be a defensive guy. Told him that it’s pretty clear it’s going to be Steichen. This person would be pretty dialed in to what is going on. 

Grain of salt.

That statement wasn't very definitive, and could be based on the same mistaken(?) logic we use here.

It not being leaked or announced, here is no indication of who it may be.

40 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Kevin also thinks if the later in the week we get and there  are no leaks that points to Steichen. Leaks wouldn’t be a huge deal if it is Morris or Callahan. Keefer said this morning colts are purposely not narrowing down list so leaks dont get out.

Sounds like it's been narrowed down to:

Steichen.

Callahan.

Morris.

Bieniemy.

Martindale.

Saturday.

Bisaccia.

Glenn

4 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Sounds like it's been narrowed down to:

Steichen.

Callahan.

Morris.

Bieniemy.

Martindale.

Saturday.

Bisaccia.

I don’t know why the Bienemy name keeps getting posted.   Has it been confirmed yet if he even got a second interview?   Just asking. 

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don’t know why the Bienemy name keeps getting posted.   Has it been confirmed yet if he even got a second interview?   Just asking. 

Yeah he did. I had to ask the same question yesterday and someone posted the link

11 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Yeah he did. I had to ask the same question yesterday and someone posted the link

are you talking about in the Steichan vs Bieniemy thread?  I saw a post where you asked but didn't see any reply or links confirming he got a 2nd interview.

3 minutes ago, J@son said:

are you talking about in the Steichan vs Bieniemy thread?  I saw a post where you asked but didn't see any reply or links confirming he got a 2nd interview.

I forget which thread it was in but I did see an embedded tweet someone posted when I asked. 

that said. I doubt it’s him

12 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Jake said it was someone close enough to search to know. 

Could be, but Jake also loves to name drop and somehow connect every story to himself.  How accurate all of what he said is, who knows.  If someone else said it, I might have more faith in it.  Whoever this person is, he might be much closer to Ballard in Jake's mind than he is in reality.  Jake's mind can be an interesting place at times.

Just now, DEFENSE said:

cant wait until we get a new coach, many on here think a new hc  and a rookie qb will take us to the sb

Which is weird enough to suggest that a ROOKIE Qb will take us to the SB, as if he will come in and not play like a rookie.

3yrs away, at least?

Archived