Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

HC Search Discussion Thread

JColts72

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still think it’s Morris, Steichen, or Callahan. I’m not buying the Martindale story. The only other guy I think has an outside chance is Rich Bassachia. 

It could be that the Colts are having a hard time deciding between the candidates. I mean none of the finalists were really bad options besides Saturday. I can see why Morris would be intriguing given his experience as a HC and respect around the league. I can also see why both Callahan and Steichen would both be good options as young offensive minds that are the trend. I also can’t rule out a guy like Rich because he’s an older guy who is big on discipline and leadership and his ability to command respect from players seems to have been a trait that a lot of the candidates shared.

Maybe they do just have a couple really good candidates and are heavily weighing their options. 

1 hour ago, Superman said:

As of now, I'm gonna take Holder at his word and say there are no more interviews coming, so Bieniemy is not still being considered. That assumes he did not have a second interview that no one is aware of. That means the only second interview candidate who is not available until after the SB is Steichen. If we don't hear something about another candidate by tomorrow, I think Steichen is the guy.

I've voted for Steichen first each time. Along the way, I started to feel drawn toward Morris, and would be more than okay with him being the guy. I haven't dug into Callahan as much, but I like what I know about him. For me, it should be one of those three, in that order.

I thought the league did not want teams to name a head coach this close to the SB ? I also read that the Colts interviewed Steichen Saturday ? Then I read that the "can't interview him before the SB. This said , I don't think not hearing by tomorrow doesn't point to a Steichen hire. I think it could mean that he's a strong candidate and if he were not , we may very well have made a hire by now. Does that make sense ? In any event , my wishes are Steichen first and Callahan second. I like Morris also and he's deserving but considering the 2022  offensive collapse and the incoming rookie QB , I tend to favor the other 2 guys. Fell free to punctuate that last sentence as it's no doubt a "run on" sentence. 

2 minutes ago, dw49 said:

I thought the league did not want teams to name a head coach this close to the SB ? I also read that the Colts interviewed Steichen Saturday ? Then I read that the "can't interview him before the SB. This said , I don't think not hearing by tomorrow doesn't point to a Steichen hire. I think it could mean that he's a strong candidate and if he were not , we may very well have made a hire by now. Does that make sense ? In any event , my wishes are Steichen first and Callahan second. I like Morris also and he's deserving but considering the 2022  offensive collapse and the incoming rookie QB , I tend to favor the other 2 guys. Fell free to punctuate that last sentence as it's no doubt a "run on" sentence. 

Like JMV just said on his show with holder the league isn’t going to care because it’s the colts. It won’t consume any news cycle.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Makes me think colts are not even telling candidates if they are a finalist since no agents are leaking anything. Seems to me they are just creating an illusion to wait for Steichen.

Irsay saying days means they haven’t decided.  That’s clear.  To assume it’s Steichen is wishful thinking.  Just because he was the last interview doesn’t make him a finalist.  For me saying days means we will know before the Super Bowl. 

26 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If it is Steichen I think we will have come out of this with a very bright future. I will be happy if it’s Callahan or Morris too. But I think Steichen just has a little flair to him.

I think any of these guys could do well but only if we get a great young qb in the draft. Otherwise whoever it is will be fired in a few years.

1 minute ago, Zoltan said:

It is quite amazing how quiet they have been able to keep this head coach search. No leaks coming out of this front office. 

It’s more amazing there hasn’t been agents leaking to national media. That’s another reason to suspect Steichen because his agent wouldn’t want it out there either.

4 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Would the Chiefs allow Bienemy to accept a lateral position? If so, maybe?

Bienemy’s contract is up in March

Just now, JColts72 said:

All online folks; Irsay says HC decision coming in days; not hours. Still can't make up their minds?

Source?

21 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I told my wife watch we will find out who the new coach is on our wedding anniversary which is tomorrow.  Maybe there is still an outside chance.  But I doubt it.  Lol

I wouldn't spend all day on this site tomorrow if I was you. It could get ugly.

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

He's supposed to interview for the OC postion at Notre Dame as well

42 daily sports on Twitter: "Brian Johnson to interview for Notre Dame football OC job #NotreDameFootball #PhiladelphiaEagles https://t.co/CGaa8TTjSx" / Twitter

If the delay in hiring has nothing to do with Steichen being in the Super Bowl, and it seems it doesn't, among the OCs, do people still put Steichen above Callahan as the likely choice?

When I add it up, Callahan seems like the more likely choice.

7 minutes ago, #12. said:

If the delay in hiring has nothing to do with Steichen being in the Super Bowl, and it seems it doesn't, among the OCs, do people still put Steichen above Callahan as the likely choice?

When I add it up, Callahan seems like the more likely choice.

What makes Callahan more likely? 

3 minutes ago, Superman said:

What makes Callahan more likely? 

Peyton connection.  Ballard connection with dad.  Bengals offense is a big play offense, but a little closer to Ballard's old school leanings.  You just fired Frank and you hurry back to the same tree? 

Just a gut feeling overall.

Archived