Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

HC Search Discussion Thread

JColts72

3 minutes ago, #12. said:

With Ballard, you don't need leaks.  He's pretty transparent about things.  He said it will be a detailed process that could go until mid February and that's probably what it will be.  It's how he does everything.  They're still working through it.

Yep.  Its better to be thorough than quick.   (That's what she said)       

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/6/2023 at 11:49 AM, 1959Colts said:

But if there is nothing by Wednesday, wouldn't Bieniemy also be a possibility?

As of now, I'm gonna take Holder at his word and say there are no more interviews coming, so Bieniemy is not still being considered. That assumes he did not have a second interview that no one is aware of. That means the only second interview candidate who is not available until after the SB is Steichen. If we don't hear something about another candidate by tomorrow, I think Steichen is the guy.

I've voted for Steichen first each time. Along the way, I started to feel drawn toward Morris, and would be more than okay with him being the guy. I haven't dug into Callahan as much, but I like what I know about him. For me, it should be one of those three, in that order.

Someone check on that crowd of rubes who spent the last month whining and wringing their hands endlessly over the prospect of Saturday being given the job. Now that there’s no more online petitions for them to sign and share (because those get results :grumpy2:) or incessant whining to be had they now find themselves without a purpose in life. 

Just now, John Waylon said:

Someone check on that crowd of rubes who spent the last month whining and wringing their hands endlessly over the prospect of Saturday being given the job. Now that there’s no more online petitions for them to sign and share (because those get results :grumpy2:) or incessant whining to be had they now find themselves without a purpose in life. 

Shhh. Don’t take away their misery. It’s the only thing that makes them happy. 

10 minutes ago, Superman said:

As of now, I'm gonna take Holder at his word and say there are no more interviews coming, so Bieniemy is not still being considered. That assumes he did not have a second interview that no one is aware of. That means the only second interview candidate who is not available until after the SB is Steichen. If we don't hear something about another candidate by tomorrow, I think Steichen is the guy.

I've voted for Steichen first each time. Along the way, I started to feel drawn toward Morris, and would be more than okay with him being the guy. I haven't dug into Callahan as much, but I like what I know about him. For me, it should be one of those three, in that order.

You say that, and it makes a lot of sense and seems reasonable. But there will still be those panicking tonight and the rest of the week because of the lack of leaks and news…

11 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Oh yeah, whining about other people whining is a sure sign of your higher purpose in life. 

12 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Shhh. Don’t take away their misery. It’s the only thing that makes them happy. 

I’m just trying to get ahead of the wave here. It’s gonna be an emotional roller coaster for them, and the only thing waiting for them back at the end of the track is idle boredom. 

2 minutes ago, BeanDiasucci said:

Oh yeah, whining about other people whining is a sure sign of your higher purpose in life. 

Tell me you signed and shared the petition without using those words. 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7xx4sssi5r2774cwxbs

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

About a month ago JMV has George Bremer on and said colts fired someone because they were leaking info. Colts don’t take it lightly. The only person who was fired I could think of was Brady. Both of them knew each ho each other was talking about.

I'm think that's what happened to Bowen.  Not positive of course but the way he left what else could it be

30 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

30 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

I’m just trying to get ahead of the wave here. It’s gonna be an emotional roller coaster for them, and the only thing waiting for them back at the end of the track is idle boredom. 

It's a little bit funny that people endlessly asserting their opinion about this hiring process on an online forum act like they are taking a higher road than people signing an online petition on the same topic. JMHO, both activities are pretty harmless and shouldn't be taken too seriously. 

I don't think such a petition is going to have any real impact on the decision, but who cares? As I've mentioned here before, taxpayers are still in the process of contributing $600 million to Lucas Oil Stadium. If average fans, well informed or not, want to try to have their voice heard in a small way, I don't know why some of you have such a problem with it -- and keep whining. 

28 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

What a great shirt!

49 minutes ago, Superman said:

Thanks. I too kinda doubt Bieniemy is in the running. But with the Colts I guess anything would be possible?

It seems most are in agreement with your top three...but yet, I still wonder if the Colts value leadership and strong vocal characteristics more? thus I wouldn't rule out Glynn, Wink or Bisaccia.

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

There would be no reason to wait if it was Morris or Callahan. It’s got to be Steichen.

True, 'cept if it's none of them..... yet.

It could also just be a suggestion to 'calm down', and then get it sooner rather than later.

No one knows.

Holder certainly didn't jump on the Steichen suggestion and run with it, says most everything you heard over the past two weeks is wrong.

Says the Colts are being thorough, like they said.  It sounds like it's still ongoing to me.

1 hour ago, John Waylon said:

Looks like the petition may have convinced Irsay...yay!!

Archived