Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

HC Search Discussion Thread

JColts72

46 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

That was super close to being hilarious 

Loser autocorrected to Lover

Michael Jackson said "I am a lover, not a fighter..." and Paul McCartney said "I don't believe it...Mine, mine, the girl is mine"

So what are you, a loser or a lover? :) 

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Circumstantial though 

I don’t think so.  No reason to not sign a coach before today’s deadline.  You want them to get going on his staff.   You are forced to wait if it’s a Super Bowl coach.  Delaying an entire week and then naming someone who was not coaching this weekend makes no sense. 

2 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I just can't see Steichen getting the job after bombing his second interview in Carolina.  He would have to do a complete 180 and impress the Colts.  I just don't see it.  And if he does I could see Siranni trying to stick it to the Colts for the way the Reich situation went down.  I could see him giving him more money and an assistant HC title to keep him.  I could see Callahan before him but who knows we are not in the interview room.  I am still of the belief we will know today.  I'm thinking Wink or Morris.  Maybe Callahan but I am thinking Irsay will like the older seasoned coaches with connections.  I could see Bienemy as our OC if it's Morris or Wink.  

Wink came from Baltimore. The Ravens had Greg Roman as OC then.

I believe Roman is available, so I would suspect Wink might want him?

But maybe Ballard wants to bring Bienemy over as OC too?

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Would the Chiefs allow Bienemy to accept a lateral position? If so, maybe?

Yes. Bienemy has a 1 year deal expiring at the end of this season. The Cheifs already have Nagy to replace him. Bienemy will be an OC elsewhere next year. 

For the life of me, I can't figure out what this guy does to turn teams off. But there is something. Even with his own team (the Chiefs) there is a sense that they can't wait for him to go.

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Would the Chiefs allow Bienemy to accept a lateral position? If so, maybe?

I remember reading KC forums, and some Chiefs fans believed the Chiefs were hoping Bienemy would leave. So my guess is yes, they would allow him to go

Just now, buccolts said:

I thought I saw mention earlier in this thread that Bienemy was expected to move on from KC and Nagy would become their new OC(?).

That's interesting. I didn't know Nagy was back with the Chiefs after being the Bears HC. In that case, I would take Bienemy as the OC in a heartbeat with Steichen as the HC. Along with keeping Gus and Bubba, that'd be a nasty combination of coaches for us.

2 minutes ago, t-rex said:

...For the life of me, I can't figure out what this guy does to turn teams off. But there is something. Even with his own team (the Chiefs) there is a sense that they can't wait for him to go.

Makes me wonder if we really should be pursuing him in the first place?

7 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

I remember reading KC forums, and some Chiefs fans believed the Chiefs were hoping Bienemy would leave. So my guess is yes, they would allow him to go

Yes. This is an underreported story. The Chiefs can't wait for him to leave. Mahomes has already endorsed Nagy as the new OC. Bienemey's contract expired last year. The Chiefs offered him a 1 year deal that expires this year. Then he is out.

Bieniemy as OC:

2x QB MVP
2x #1 offense-total yards

2X #1 scoring offense leader

Passing yards leader multiple times

5 straight AFC champ. games

1 SB championship

A second SB championship possible in a week.

And even his own team doesn't seem to want him as OC!

This week he said the Colts head coaching job was the ONLY position he interviewed for. And he wasn't invited back for round 2.

One day ESPN will do a 30/30 on this. It's baffling!

27 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I don’t think so.  No reason to not sign a coach before today’s deadline.  You want them to get going on his staff.   You are forced to wait if it’s a Super Bowl coach.  Delaying an entire week and then naming someone who was not coaching this weekend makes no sense. 

The possible reason to wait, is that if it’s Steichen and he wants to interview the possible OC candidates.   He’s busy this week. 

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The possible reason to wait, is that if it’s Steichen and he wants to interview the possible OC candidates.   He’s busy this week. 

I think Richard meant if it wasn't Steichen. Obviously, we can't sign Steichen until after the SB, but any other coach we have interest in, we could, and there would be no advantage til waiting after the SB to sign a coach that isn't on the Chiefs or Eagles.

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

This is 100% possible. I think Sirianni is that petty where he would do such a thing, and all I'm going to say is we better have a backup plan just in case if Steichen is our choice and this happens, and the backup option better be willing to keep Gus and Bubba as well. 

Something tells me if Sirianni steps in and prevents us from hiring Steichen, that Irsay will step in and try to hire Saturday again, as a way to get rid of Ballard because he missed out on his coach twice, and because Saturday would want him gone, so the interests would combine in that scenario.

I think Irsay figures if every candidate backs out on us we can still hire the guy with the least amount of professional experience. Unbelievable!

According to Holder, they're just now working through all the information gathered in interviews.  

Ballard said it would be a detailed process that could go until mid February.  This is how the QB search went.  This is how free agency goes.  Ballard takes his time.

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I think Richard meant if it wasn't Steichen. Obviously, we can't sign Steichen until after the SB, but any other coach we have interest in, we could, and there would be no advantage til waiting after the SB to sign a coach that isn't on the Chiefs or Eagles.

Thank you.   Good explanation and you’re probably right.   When I didn’t see any mention of his name….       :dunno:

6 minutes ago, #12. said:

According to Holder, they're just now working through all the information gathered in interviews.  

Wow, “working through all the information gathered” doesn’t exactly imply that they fell in love with any of the candidates. Sounds more like someone entering some data into a computer! haha

Are they fast asleep at the wheel or what?! :facepalm:

2 minutes ago, #12. said:

Ballard said it would be a detailed process that could go until mid February.  This is how the QB search went.  This is how free agency goes.  Ballard takes his time.

If this is true then the door is still open for all of the candidates.  No reason to jump to conclusions if we pass today’s deadline.  They’re really taking their time.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

Wow, “working through all the information gathered” doesn’t exactly imply that they fell in love with any of the candidates. Sounds more like someone entering some data into a computer! haha

Are they fast asleep at the wheel or what?! :facepalm:

Ballard during interviews

Excited Wake Up GIF by Originals

16 minutes ago, #12. said:

I'm fine with this, and it makes sense. These people just went through a whole week of non-stop day long interviews. It'd be good to take a step back for a day, or so, clear your minds, then review.

2 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

Come on, man!  I keep coming back here to see if there is an announcement.   If this takes a week i may lose my mind or what's left of it.

Exactly, it's like they don't take our feelings into consideration whatsoever.

Our time is money too!

Archived