Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

HC Search Discussion Thread

JColts72

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

One thing with this taking so long is the combine  is in a couple weeks. That is when deals start to be talked about ect. Hopefully the next head coach has time to evaluate these QB to determine if they might want to trade up. Hopefully no one will jump them before they have time to decide.

First, the combine is three weeks away.  

Second, free agency comes before the draft.   It’s in mid-March. 

Third, the draft is roughly the last week of April.   

In short, there is plenty of time for evaluations, to make FA decisions, and to make a deal to trade up at the draft.   The Colts can hire a new HC, hire a new staff, and still do all the moves they want to make.   The Colts did all this in 2018 when they hired Frank.   They can do it again here in 2023. 

6 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Interesting 

Overlapped...... Briefly? 

[Morning] 

Callahan : Hi

Milus and Smith: Hi... Hi... 

[Evening] 

Milus and Smith: We are leaving to work for {so and so}... So, Bye. 

Callahan : Bye, good luck. 

Milus and Smith : Good luck to you too... 

Media in 2023: WOW.... Look, what we got from their coaching history.... THESE GUYS have worked TOGETHER before!!!!!!

2 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Morning, and Evening, have passed by, without a coaching announcement. 

So, going by the conclusion of the forum here, can we all conclude Now that Colts new HC will be Steichen most definitely, as any other candidate hire decision would've been declared already? 

I would say to wait until mid-day on Wednesday. If there’s no announcement by then, then yes. Likely Steichen.

5 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Pretty sure this was determined to be a fake account earlier . Not sure, Chloe will know

Just now, Defjamz26 said:

I would say to wait until mid-day on Wednesday. If there’s no announcement by then, then yes. Likely Steichen.

Rules state they have until 4 pm today, otherwise they have to wait until Monday

7 hours ago, richard pallo said:

It worked out great for McDermott when Buffalo hired him and they drafted Allen.  He brought in Daboll to be the OC and it worked out great.  Daboll becomes HC of the Giants this year and Allen regressed.  A defensive HC can work with a new young quarterback.  Getting the OC and a good quarterback coach right is the key.

Your regression comment is I think another reason to pair the young QB with an offensive based head coach that isn’t going anywhere

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

Pretty sure this was determined to be a fake account earlier . Not sure, Chloe will know

Rules state they have until 4 pm today, otherwise they have to wait until Monday

I know a real Zach Hicks, so I don't think it's fake. He's a big name in Indy, but not big enough that someone would copy his account and pretend to be him IMO.

If nothing leaks until after the Superbowl I would consider that one a feat of enormous proportions. That would be Ballard's Superbowl. 

From everything we are hearing it seems like the Colts are done with the interviews and IMO they should be deciding already. I really don't think we will have to wait until after the SuperBowl no matter who the pick is. Sure, you might not get it officially from the Colts, but I assume it will be leaked to national media... or beat reporters? 

13 minutes ago, stitches said:

If nothing leaks until after the Superbowl I would consider that one a feat of enormous proportions. That would be Ballard's Superbowl. 

From everything we are hearing it seems like the Colts are done with the interviews and IMO they should be deciding already. I really don't think we will have to wait until after the SuperBowl no matter who the pick is. Sure, you might not get it officially from the Colts, but I assume it will be leaked to national media... or beat reporters? 

I don't think they will announce until it is signed.  Because of what Mc* did Ballard will be very leery 

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

What makes you "pretty sure it was determined to be a fake account"? You have never heard of Zach Hicks? 

Zach Hicks (@ZachHicks2) is the Lead Analyst for HorseshoeHuddle.com. Zach has been on the NFL beat since 2017. His works have appeared on SBNation.com, the Locked On Podcast Network, BleacherReport.com, MSN.com, & Yardbarker.com. 

SI.com Zach Hicks

From the early stages, I thought the new HC was going to be Steichen.  Colts don't know when he will become available....could have been a couple of weeks ago if Philly lost, so they began the process early and now its dragging on simply because Philly hasn't lost a playoff game.   I don't think this was ever a mystery.

But, they'll probably announce another HC in a few hours.  LOL.

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

People should read the “conversation” in blue.   It’s open and non-premium, available to all.   Just tap on it.   

So there will NOT be a third round of interviews.    They are down to the decision making phase.   

Still hoping for either Steichen or Callahan. 

4 minutes ago, DougDew said:

If the selection is Steichen, I don't see why he could not sign a contract today, clearly spelling out that his duties and compensation begin the day after the SB.   What prevents that kind of wording?

The league. The rules put into place just last year state coaches involved in the Super Bowl cannot sign contracts with new teams before the Super Bowl

Just now, csmopar said:

The league. The rules put into place just last year state coaches involved in the Super Bowl cannot sign contracts with new teams before the Super Bowl

Well it actually states until their current team is eliminated from the playoffs but for our purpose, it’s the Super Bowl 

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

People should read the “conversation” in blue.   It’s open and non-premium, available to all.   Just tap on it.   

So there will NOT be a third round of interviews.    They are down to the decision making phase.   

Still hoping for either Steichen or Callahan. 

As I thought. Too many were panicking just because they didn’t have all the information. Again, Ballard warned us all this would be a long and thorough process. 

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Well it actually states until their current team is eliminated from the playoffs but for our purpose, it’s the Super Bowl 

Ok, even for a promotion too I take it...contract prevention.   

Then, IMO, this was always going to be a long drawn out process with a lot of interviews taking place that really had little shot at materializing into a new HC.   I mean, there are a lot of playoff teams now, and a lot of the resume's are already known, so there is a ranking of candidates going into the process.

I've always thought that the pattern of hiring the Coordinators of the teams going deep into the playoffs was pretty evident.   Obviously, HOU had their sights on Ryans and we have ours set on Steichen or Callahan, most likely Steichen.  DEN a little different since they seem to want a big-name....Payton or Harbaugh.   Who knows what's going on in AZ.

6 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Morning, and Evening, have passed by, without a coaching announcement. 

So, going by the conclusion of the forum here, can we all conclude Now that Colts new HC will be Steichen most definitely, as any other candidate hire decision would've been declared already? 

No not really.  They have until 4PM today to announce.  If they miss that it’s probably Steichen but Bieniemy is coaching in the Super Bowl too.  We all know he has previous connections to Ballard and I could see Irsay being enamored with him as well.  

11 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

But I want one NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Give It To Me Want GIF

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

No not really.  They have until 4PM today to announce.  If they miss that it’s probably Steichen but Bieniemy is coaching in the Super Bowl too.  We all know he has previous connections to Ballard and I could see Irsay being enamored with him as well.  

Did they interview Bieniemy a second time?

25 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Ok, even for a promotion too I take it...contract prevention.   

Then, IMO, this was always going to be a long drawn out process with a lot of interviews taking place that really had little shot at materializing into a new HC.   I mean, there are a lot of playoff teams now, and a lot of the resume's are already known, so there is a ranking of candidates going into the process.

I've always thought that the pattern of hiring the Coordinators of the teams going deep into the playoffs was pretty evident.   Obviously, HOU had their sights on Ryans and we have ours set on Steichen or Callahan, most likely Steichen.  DEN a little different since they seem to want a big-name....Payton or Harbaugh.   Who knows what's going on in AZ.

Yeah. I think teams were complaining that it had become too much of a distraction but I think this new way is even worse. I’d rather them just say you can’t interview or even ask to interview ANY coaches until the Monday after the Super Bowl, put them all on equal playing fields time wise

Archived