Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

HC Search Discussion Thread

JColts72

Just now, richard pallo said:

No not really.  No one else interviewed Saturday or Wink.  Morris had one other interview with Denver.  Payton was always their target.

That's my point... No one WANTED to even interview them!!! You bring up Frank getting hired in Carolina another team headed in the wrong direction. He was their first starting qb ever in their inaugural season so it's more of a tie to the franchise. He lost his job in San Diego for his lackluster offense there as well as here so that's their problem now. Callahan is an oc that doesn't call plays but has been around Burrows development. Streichen has the RESUME of success as a rising star in the coaching ranks and HIS offense is in the SB so you can keep knocking him but it doesn't change his accomplishments.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Several teams could trade above Colts for QB

Raiders, Falcons, and Panthers are all outside the top 5 which means Bears and Cards would lose out on Anderson and Carter. Seahawks could trade up to two if the Bears trade with the Texans first, but other then that I think we're safe.

Just now, richard pallo said:

I think Burrow was the 1st pick in the draft.  Hardly a raw piece of clay.  

DanHart asked if Callahan had ever worked with anyone good besides Burrow. He didn’t put other qualifiers on it.  I answered Peyton. CR91 added Carr.  So I don’t get your questioning answering posts???

8 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I think Burrow was the 1st pick in the draft.  Hardly a raw piece of clay.  

You’d be surprised. He had 1 amazing season at LSU, so he was still a bit of a risk for the Bengals. We really weren’t 100% sure how he’d be in the NFL. I do think Callahan did a great job of finding what works well for Joe and helping him develop. The Bengals offense even runs quite a bit of similar stuff from the Manning days. 

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

You’d be surprised. He had 1 amazing season at LSU, so he was still a bit of a risk for the Bengals. We really weren’t 100% sure how he’d be in the NFL. I do think Callahan did a great job of finding what works well for Joe and helping him develop. The Bengals offense even runs quite a bit of similar stuff from the Manning days. 

Yeah people forget he wasn’t even on teams radar before the senior season at LSU. It was a risk because it was one season with a bunch of star receivers.

I am surprised we haven’t heard of any candidates being ruled out like AZ

2 hours ago, bluephantom87 said:

I think that's a HUGE stretch and I don't know why Jalen gets minimized. Are we talking about the same HIGHLY decorated Hurts who led Bama to the national championship game as a true freshman while setting numerous team records to go along with the SEC freshman AND Offensive player of the year award? Hurts was First team All SEC, a national champion, First team All Big 12 when he transferred to OU, a Sugar Bowl mvp and oh yeah finished 2nd in the Heisman voting. Richardson is not even in the SAME neighborhood nor does he have the same poise as Hurts. To me Richardson and Levis are MILES apart from Young and Stroud in their OWN draft class.

It’s not about college accomplishments. I’m talking about as football players I don’t think they’re far off. Hurts was considered to be really raw. Some people had him as a 3rd round prospect. It wasn’t until people saw how he had improved as a passer at the Senior Bowl and again at the combine, that his stock went up l, but he was still considered a developmental player. Richardson is being projected much higher and he’s just as raw, but even less experienced as a 1 year starter.

22 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

It’s not about college accomplishments. I’m talking about as football players I don’t think they’re far off. Hurts was considered to be really raw. Some people had him as a 3rd round prospect. It wasn’t until people saw how he had improved as a passer at the Senior Bowl and again at the combine, that his stock went up l, but he was still considered a developmental player. Richardson is being projected much higher and he’s just as raw, but even less experienced as a 1 year starter.

AR15 success will defend on coaching and improving his wack accuracy 

5 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

AR15 success will defend on coaching and improving his wack accuracy 

I feel like Richardson to Carolina is highly likely. Gives me Cam vibes in terms of huge guy and hard to bring down and can use his feet, but accuracy needs work

Someone explain something to me 

I have seen posts and articles about how great Morris and Moore 2nd interviews were with lots of positive feedback.

Colts had supposedly interviewed Steichen yesterday Saturday and I haven't heard a peep from it.

I guess that's a good thing

The calm before the storm

2 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Someone explain something to me 

I have seen posts and articles about how great Morris and Moore 2nd interviews were with lots of positive feedback.

Colts had supposedly interviewed Steichen yesterday Saturday and I haven't heard a peep from it.

I guess that's a good thing

The calm before the storm

I think the colts just don't wanna get burned again also not create a distraction for the eagles before the super bowl. JMO

17 minutes ago, #12. said:

For people thinking you have to go young:  you've had one Super Bowl winning coach under 50 in the past decade.  Average age:  57.

The past decade has been BB or Reid in the super bowl. Stat isn't reliable 

44 minutes ago, CR91 said:

The past decade has been BB or Reid in the super bowl. Stat isn't reliable 

That's 4 of 10, and you'll have to explain to us as to why they wouldn't count. 

You've had one Super Bowl winning coach under 50.

Archived