Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

HC Search Discussion Thread

JColts72

Hopefully it's not Saturday in the end, but I do wonder if you're talking about two different people, the coach Ballard would hire if it were entirely up to him vs. the coach he ends up taking to Irsay because he believes that coach has the best chance to eliminate Saturday.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

He does mention he talked to people plugged into the search. Whatever that means.  That could of just been random bloggers. No one has really been able to get a hold on the Indy job because nothing is leaking.

Yeah that's what I mean. No one "plugged into the search" is talking. I listen to the Ringer podcast at times, Solak is making a name for himself but he's more blogger than insider, and I don't think he knows anything.

Ballard is a stickler for process. That’s what this extensive interview process tells me. Whether or not the process is right has nothing to do with it. Ballard wants to conduct long, thourough interviews with every candidate. Again I still think there is some analysis paralysis here, as that seems to be one of Ballard’s flaw (waiting in FA, stalling on QB’s, etc… But this is Ballard.

I think he’s still haunted by the McDaniels incident and is trying to do it differently this go around. I do think this process is being dragged out just a bit though. All this and only one guy is going to get the job at the end of the day. While it’s good to be calculated sometimes, leaders have to be able to make critical decisions quickly, even if it’s the wrong one. 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah he may put together the 1st 10-15 plays for Andy and Andy just runs it. We don't know but because it is Andy he gets the most credit chuckling homer simpson GIF

Callahan had a very interesting interview explaning how much of the game planning he did. There was a lot of situational stuff like the 2 min, 4 min, red zone situations, different short yardage situations, and it went on. It was a different view than what i kind of took for granted.

Just now, throwing BBZ said:

Callahan had a very interesting interview explaning how much of the game planning he did. There was a lot of situational stuff like the 2 min, 4 min, red zone situations, different short yardage situations, and it went on. It was a different view than what i kind of took for granted.

good post, I forgot about Callahan. dirty harry GIF-in all seriousness I would be ok with him here.

2 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Where did you here that?

4 minutes ago, Superman said:

Yeah that's what I mean. No one "plugged into the search" is talking. I listen to the Ringer podcast at times, Solak is making a name for himself but he's more blogger than insider, and I don't think he knows anything.

I liked Solak much better at TDN when he was just doing draft/prospect related stuff. So far being an "insider", I haven't been a fan.

17 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Unless you don’t want to be mad don’t read this .

There have been reports from more connected and credible reporters both nationally and connected to the Colts who have said the opposite.

Who ever should we believe? If only this guy had a real credible source to substantiate his assertion… an outlet no one would ever dare question the integrity and authenticity of…

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10064038-nfl-rumors-jim-irsay-wants-to-hire-jeff-saturday-as-colts-hc-is-expected-outcome

Ahh jeez, who to believe, br and some guy who has probably never watched a full Colts game in his life or those other people with sources in the building?

Larry David Reaction GIF

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

One guy I don't think has been mentioned is the old Raiders coach, pair him up with Carr and draft a LT at #4, we are in business.

I wouldn't mind Biasucci at all as HC.  Sign Carr and trade back in the 1st rd and draft a quarterback later.  Accumulate more picks.  I think there is a great chance we would be back in the playoffs with a young quarterback behind Carr.  

6 minutes ago, Superman said:

I don’t think anyone who is involved in the search was probably even at the senior bowl. There was some assistants I saw there. Everyone else is working on the coaching search.

8 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

There have been reports from more connected and credible reporters both nationally and connected to the Colts who have said the opposite.

Who ever should we believe? If only this guy had a real credible source to substantiate his assertion… an outlet no one would ever dare question the integrity and authenticity of…

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10064038-nfl-rumors-jim-irsay-wants-to-hire-jeff-saturday-as-colts-hc-is-expected-outcome

Ahh jeez, who to believe, br and some guy who has probably never watched a full Colts game in his life or those other people with sources in the building?

Larry David Reaction GIF

He doesn't work for B/R, he works for The Ringer. And the only thing that actually matters is whether he has any sourcing and inside info, not what company or network he works with.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I remember my high school would serve Char Burgers which were greasy but as a kid we all loved them. On Friday's it was Pizza though, greasy but great Happy Season 17 GIF by The Simpsons

I brought my lunch every day. I'm a picky eater, so I would never eat the gross food at a school cafeteria. 

24 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

One guy I don't think has been mentioned is the old Raiders coach, pair him up with Carr and draft a LT at #4, we are in business.

Peanut Butter Order GIF by Jif

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What if we trade for Aaron Rodgers, what will you do?

Never thought I’d have to break out this meme for you and never thought twice in the same day

but 

Peanuts Nuts GIF

11 minutes ago, Superman said:

He doesn't work for B/R, he works for The Ringer. And the only thing that actually matters is whether he has any sourcing and inside info, not what company or network he works with.

Yeah I know. The cut of the jib was that when br is the only other outlet to be parroting the report there may be some problems. 

Just now, richard pallo said:

I think the vast majority would be happy with Carr and a rookie quarterback drafted in this back of round one or round two.

Would Carr want to come here though?  I think he said something along the lines that he wants to be on a good team.  Not his exact wording

Some good stuff from Zak Keefer on his podcast. He said they want to get through the Steichan interview then decide if they want to do more interviews. He said they may just do a third interview to bring them in to offer them the job. He said it could be as early as Monday or Tuesday or as late as a couple days after the SB if it’s Steichan. He  says it’s not guaranteed there will be a third round. Still saying it won’t be Saturday.

2 minutes ago, Boss7894 said:

Would Carr want to come here though?  I think he said something along the lines that he wants to be on a good team.  Not his exact wording

Just saw a report from Jeremy Fowler saints are very interested in him.

3 minutes ago, Boss7894 said:

I would hope so.  I don’t think we’re a bad team.  With him here I think we would challenge for the South title.  I could also see Reich and Carolina following this same logic.  I think Reich would love for him to come to Carolina.

Archived