Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

HC Search Discussion Thread

JColts72

1 minute ago, 1959Colts said:

Thanks.  I’d like to tell you I’m surprised but I’m not.  This is roughly a 20-25 track record.    I don’t wish the guy ill, he did a good job for the Colts in his one year.  It’s a tough job market out there for career assistants. 

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, #12. said:

I thought Kevin Bowen made an interesting comment on Wink Martindale.  He said he's very Bruce Arians like, and Irsay loves Arians.

Personally I think guys like him it Bisacia would fit a veteran team more. Where the colts are they need to go s little younger with a guy that isn’t old school and bring the modern nfl to the colts.

I just read a tweet where Callahan mostly runs the ball out of the shotgun formation, and he has had success with this.

imo, Frank Reich would do this way too much. Personally, I'm not a fan of running primarily from the gun, and prefer more under center running plays... Of the offensive HC candidates, I prefer Steichen

Just now, 1959Colts said:

I just read a tweet where Callahan mostly runs the ball out of the shotgun formation, and he has had success with this.

imo, Frank Reich would do this way too much. Personally, I'm not a fan of running primarily from the gun, and prefer more under center running plays... Of the offensive HC candidates, I prefer Steichen

I think I remember someone mentioning this. They said if was more of a burrow thing because that’s where he is more comfortable.

1 hour ago, 1959Colts said:

i have a feeling the colts like steichen but cant officially hire him until after the super bowl .the colts could be dragging it out in case he backs out so they have  backup plans and get a plan b and c  just in case

2 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

i have a feeling the colts like steichen but cant officially hire him until after the super bowl .the colts could be dragging it out in case he backs out so they have  backup plans and get a plan b and c  just in case

Starting to get that feeling too. Or in case they can’t get a deal done. They don’t want to look dumb and him backing out like McDaniels. So best way to do that is keep the search open until he can sign. Probably will learn more if he is indeed the guy after it is official.

9 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Starting to get that feeling too. Or in case they can’t get a deal done. They don’t want to look dumb and him backing out like McDaniels. So best way to do that is keep the search open until he can sign. Probably will learn more if he is indeed the guy after it is official.

it would also make sense because ballard wants to control the defensive scheme .  if the reports are true that the colts want to keep bubba and gus bradley , it has to be a offensive coach for it to make sense.

I dont know if this has been talked about or not, I havnt read this whole massive thread. Take it for what its worth. Believe it or not dont matter.

But Jason Spears, previously from For the Colture, now has Colture Uncut and makes appearances on The Blue Stable said he had a very lengthy conversation with 2 sources that he says are people that he knows who work in the building. Basically they said that its a gong show, Irsay is off the rails. He didn't outright say it but eluded to the fact that he is back to his "partying" habits. 

He also said that they are forcing Bubba and Gus Bradley on whoever the new coach will be. They will be allowed to bring in their own offensive staff but that is it. 

I said Jason Spears earlier.  Meant to say Derek Larger had credentials at camp.

Nothing about that story would surprise me.  Sounds about right from what I've seen the past 6 months.  The Saturday introductory press conference was a bit scary.

10 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

I dont know if this has been talked about or not, I havnt read this whole massive thread. Take it for what its worth. Believe it or not dont matter.

But Jason Spears, previously from For the Colture, now has Colture Uncut and makes appearances on The Blue Stable said he had a very lengthy conversation with 2 sources that he says are people that he knows who work in the building. Basically they said that its a gong show, Irsay is off the rails. He didn't outright say it but eluded to the fact that he is back to his "partying" habits. 

He also said that they are forcing Bubba and Gus Bradley on whoever the new coach will be. They will be allowed to bring in their own offensive staff but that is it. 

Jason likes to exaggerate a lot. The fact other teams who needed HC have asked to keep coordinators shows colts aren’t much different. Jason needs to take a breath. He doesn’t understand that there are two sides to a story and he can never comprehend sometimes it’s like the telephone game.  No doubt that is what he is being told but I think he is exaggerating it. Jason is like the new brad wells.

6 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Jason likes to exaggerate a lot. The fact other teams who needed HC have asked to keep coordinators shows colts aren’t much different. Jason needs to take a breath. He doesn’t understand that there are two sides to a story and he can never comprehend sometimes it’s like the telephone game.  No doubt that is what he is being told but I think he is exaggerating it. Jason is like the new brad wells.

If Jason wants to be a credible insider he needs to learn from Destin Adams and king of colts. They are very good and they would never say that stuff unless they were going to say what is going on. Jason seems to be a attention getter.

10 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If Jason wants to be a credible insider he needs to learn from Destin Adams and king of colts. They are very good and they would never say that stuff unless they were going to say what is going on. Jason seems to be a attention getter.

Well, it should be interesting, when the Colts finally make a choice...

If the new head coach only hires offensive staff, and leaves all the defense and STs assistants unchanged, then I guess it shows Jason does have the inside scoop.

16 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Yah you may be right that he is dramatic  but he says he knows people in the building and his previous track record of breaking info seems to prove it. He used to be scary accurate with a lot of stuff. He also said he is not playing the insider game anymore, but still gets info and wanted to share, but obviously not outright say everything.

If the new head coach only hires offensive staff, and leaves all the defense and STs assistants unchanged, then I guess it shows Jason does have the inside scoop.

No it doesn’t.  It has been widely reported that keeping the defensive staff and other assistants would be a goal of Ballards all along.  He prefers the 4-3 concept.  Jason is just piggybacking very old assumptions.

Just now, richard pallo said:

No it doesn’t.  It has been widely reported that keeping the defensive staff and other assistants would be a goal of Ballards all along.  He prefers the 4-3 concept.  Jason is just piggybacking very old assumptions.

No head coach would want to have to be stuck with someone else's staff. on two out of three phases of the game

8 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Yah you may be right that he is dramatic  but he says he knows people in the building and his previous track record of breaking info seems to prove it. He used to be scary accurate with a lot of stuff. He also said he is not playing the insider game anymore, but still gets info and wanted to share, but obviously not outright say everything.

I seen him doing it in the past. That’s why I am on to him. I think his info he gives is what he is told. I don’t think he makes it up. I just think he takes it overboard and perceives it as something worse then it is. 

11 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

I never said he doesn’t have a source. I think he does and he gives the info he has and it’s probably true. I think what he does though is takes disagreements within the organization and makes them out to be bigger then they are. He makes a mountain out of a mold hill if that makes sense.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I seen him doing it in the past. That’s why I am on to him. I think his info he gives is what he is told. I don’t think he makes it up. I just think he takes it overboard and perceives it as something worse then it is. 

Perhaps. But the way he was obviously disgusted with what he had heard, makes me believe its not made up. So what I'm saying is, if it should come to fruition, as he says, then I have to believe him,  the whole organization is dysfunctional

Perhaps. But the way he was obviously disgusted with what he had heard, makes me believe its not made up. So what I'm saying is, if it should come to fruition, as he says, then I have to believe him,  the whole organization is dysfunctional

Like I said he always does this. One time I got in a argument with him because I asked him why something was such a big deal. Because he was making more out of something that it was. He blocked me lol.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Like I said he always does this. One time I got in a argument with him because I asked him why something was such a big deal. Because he was making more out of something that it was. He blocked me lol.

I'm honestly tired of all of these social media influencers. 

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I never said he doesn’t have a source. I think he does and he gives the info he has and it’s probably true. I think what he does though is takes disagreements within the organization and makes them out to be bigger then they are. He makes a mountain out of a mold hill if that makes sense.

Yah honestly keeping the coordinators is whatever. Its not ideal for any new coach. Probably limited our options, but its not unheard of. 

I think the way bigger news is that he pretty much said without actually saying it that Irsay has lost it and is not sober anymore, and thats a huge reason he has been so erratic lately. Whether its true or not, we may never know. 

All this talk from Ballard about how he wants a strong minded coach for the team. "a leader of men"...

only to turn around and insist the new hc keeps all the old assistants? Ridiculous. 

And with the majority of candidates being defensive minded is ludicrous to insist they keep the old staff

Just now, Tsarquise said:

I'm honestly tired of all of these social media influencers. 

There are a couple who I truly think are very good at what they do. They never post stuff for attention and won’t post stuff unless they are very sure. Destin Adams and king of colts are very good. King of colts brother is the DLINE coach of rams. He has worked hard at making connections. Those two and zak keefer in the media are ones that you really perk your ears up when they say something. Everything else just is for entertainment and take with a grain of salt.

45 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Well….   If this is true, the Colts are spending a tremendous amount of time interviewing defensive minded head coaches, so if the Colts hire one of them, then something doesn’t add up.  

I seriously doubt the sources he has would be talking about Irsay and his partying  ways.   Something doesn’t feel quite right about this…..

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Well, it would only be a big deal to me, if it ends up being true

All this talk from Ballard about how he wants a strong minded coach for the team. "a leader of men"...

only to turn around and insist the new hc keeps all the old assistants? Ridiculous. 

And with the majority of candidates being defensive minded is ludicrous to insist they keep the old staff

What link do you have about any existing assistants having to stay?

Apparently that has been the theme with all the HC openings. Josiana Anderson even reported that. Doesn’t mean there is dysfunction or they could come to a different agreement.

Just now, richard pallo said:

Reich kept Flus didn’t he?

Bubba too

There are a couple who I truly think are very good at what they do. They never post stuff for attention and won’t post stuff unless they are very sure. Destin Adams and king of colts are very good. King of colts brother is the DLINE coach of rams. He has worked hard at making connections. Those two and zak keefer in the media are ones that you really perk your ears up when they say something. Everything else just is for entertainment and take with a grain of salt.

I would say this is still false. Just because you consider some to be insiders doesn’t mean you are right. 

There is a 45 min video of the guy someone posted here this afternoon. Perhaps someone can repost it?

What I am saying is you mention only looking at some as insiders yet all others aren’t. This is based off a video from someone who is a potential insider?

Archived