Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

HC Search Discussion Thread

JColts72

4 hours ago, BeanDiasucci said:

Usually in the corporate world, multiple interviews happen because there are different company people involved in each interview. You might interview with HR first, then with the manager of the department, and then with the CEO or other department heads, for instance. I wonder in this case if Jim Irsay would be involved in the final interviews if he hasn't been in earlier ones. 

If the 10-hour interview thing is really true, I wonder what they did for all that time. Here's an excerpt from an si.com article by Andrew Brandt about the NFL head coaching interview process. It doesn't seem like it would take more than a few hours to accomplish what he is describing as typical. https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/01/08/head-coaching-interview-hiring-firing-process-offseason-behind-scenes

I mean in in 10 hours you could cover a majority of everything that has happened from the beginning of time to date. 

The first round were zoom calls (that I believe I recall reading were all more than 4 hours in length,) but didn’t include Irsay. The second round was in-person with Irsay as a part of the process. Maybe the third round is a cage match or something, who the # knows at this point. It’s been odd, and it’s not getting any less odd. 

There is 0 excuse for not getting it right, however. They’re making these guys basically come live with them to interview, and if they still don’t get it right…

If You Say So Wow GIF by Barstool Sports

We’ve already seen that Ballard’s process of finding a QB is… questionable…  maybe his process of finding a HC is as well. The last search produced a guy who pulled out of the job after agreeing to take it (and still isn’t any good at the job,) and then hiring a guy they showed 0 interest in until they were left standing with their * in their hand like a spare * at the wedding. Not exactly confidence inspiring stuff here. 

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, krunk said:

We led. the leauge in turnovers on top of being a non scoring team those things matter. Take the Dallas game with several turnovers on our side of the field. The opponent had more attempts at trying to score so of course the numbers are going to slide. This is on top of outright giving up towards the end of the season. 

We did have turnovers in the Dallas game, but consider for a moment we STILL won ToP that game. Even with our turnovers. 

That means one of two things. Either our offense had the ball longer than what they get credit for OR our defense let them get big chunk plays and they scored without taking any significant time off the clock. 

39 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I'm not somebody who has a fear that the Colts are losing ground in finding coaches.  They already have them on staff.

There is an assumption that a certain play book will be used, that says all coaches are basically gone once the new HC is hired...unless he chooses to retain them.   Finding coaches in a shortened time line is not something Ballard seems to be worried about.

I agree, at the moment Ballard is less worried about coordinators and assistants than he is about the HC.  And that’s as it should be.  But that doesn’t mean we have no worries in this area.  

The focus of my comments is that the new HC will be the primary voice in the hiring of the staff.   And Ballard will offer his input, as he should, especially when it comes to recommendation of retaining any of the current staff.   But ultimately, the HC gets to hire his staff even if it’s a collaborative effort.  

4 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Agreed. The guy has just been so injured the last few seasons. 

Yes. That and the 100 million dollar contract have me sceptical.

Perhaps he will surprise me, show up on time for camp, and have a great season? Time will tell. 

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I agree, at the moment Ballard is less worried about coordinators and assistants than he is about the HC.  And that’s as it should be.  But that doesn’t mean we have no worries in this area.  

The focus of my comments is that the new HC will be the primary voice in the hiring of the staff.   And Ballard will offer his input, as he should, especially when it comes to recommendation of retaining any of the current staff.   But ultimately, the HC gets to hire his staff even if it’s a collaborative effort.  

Maybe part of the interview process is having the candidate explain how he can work with the coaches who are here. 

We don't know what Ballard and Irsay are thinking.

Would the new guy fire Reggie Wayne as receivers coach? 

I think technically, the Colts just have 2 coach openings.

7 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Lmao

What’s this have to do with anything related to the HC search. 

Believe it or not, if someone wanted to see every tweet related to the Colts or that mention someone who worked/played

for the Colts…they could make them one of them cool Twitter accounts and go read it there.

4 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

What’s this have to do with anything related to the HC search. 

Believe it or not, if someone wanted to see every tweet related to the Colts or that mention someone who worked/played

for the Colts…they could make them one of them cool Twitter accounts and go read it there.

I like chloe's  posts so speak for yourself ;if you dont like her posts keep scrolling no need to be rude .    

Just now, coming on strong said:

I like chloe's  posts so speak for yourself ;if you dont like her posts keep scrolling no need to be rude .    

Cool, then make a Twitter account and go scroll your little heart out.

I like some of her posts too, but this one I don’t get. It literally adds nothing to a thread meant to discuss the next HC of the Colts. 

7 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

Cool, then make a Twitter account and go scroll your little heart out.

I like some of her posts too, but this one I don’t get. It literally adds nothing to a thread meant to discuss the next HC of the Colts. 

The post was made because it involved Saturday responding and he is a HC candidate. I thought it was funny.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

The post was made because it involved Saturday responding and he is a HC candidate. I thought it was funny.

Well we know you thought it was funny because that’s literally all you posted with it. No discussion. No thoughts. Just Lmao.

Saturday posted 4 words and a couple emojis in response to a joke, and that made it some worthy tweet that needed to be shared here. Got it.

1 minute ago, Btown_Colt said:

Well we know you thought it was funny because that’s literally all you posted with it. No discussion. No thoughts. Just Lmao.

Saturday posted 4 words and a couple emojis in response to a joke, and that made it some worthy tweet that needed to be shared here. Got it.

All you do is crap talk posters. So why are you even on here? You don’t have to trash every post you don’t like.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

All you do is crap talk posters. So why are you even on hear?  You don’t have to trash every post you don’t like.

Well that’s not ALL I do.

It’s funny, I’m on HERE to read opinions and discuss topics regarding the Colts.

I use Twitter too, to follow stuff I like. Maybe I’m special, but I’m allowed to have accounts to both places.

19 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

Well that’s not ALL I do.

It’s funny, I’m on HERE to read opinions and discuss topics regarding the Colts.

I use Twitter too, to follow stuff I like. Maybe I’m special, but I’m allowed to have accounts to both places.

yes you are but chloe is also allowed to post what she wants unless a mod  says so .   what is the point of arguing what she can post or not ?   honestly please just let it go its not a big deal  we are all colts fans we shouldnt be arguing about dumb stuff

yes you are but chloe is also allowed to post what she wants unless a mod  says so .   what is the point of arguing what she can post or not ?   honestly please just let it go its not a big deal  we are all colts fans we shouldnt be arguing about dumb stuff

So Chloe can post what she want, but not me?

How about you not worry about what I post, just keep scrolling or whatever it is you keep telling me to do?

5 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

So Chloe can post what she want, but not me?

How about you not worry about what I post, just keep scrolling or whatever it is you keep telling me to do?

so i only commented because i like her posts  and didnt want you to make her stop posting updates that i enjoy reading .  that is all i wasnt trying to come at you personally i apologize if i came off that way .    

so i only commented because i like her posts  and didnt want you to make her stop posting updates that i enjoy reading .  that is all i wasnt trying to come at you personally i apologize if i came off that way .    

We had a media thread pinned at one point. Starting to think we might need another one again so we can put all Twitter related stuff there. Sometimes all these tweets mess with my browser. 

2 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

We had a media thread pinned at one point. Starting to think we might need another one again so we can put all Twitter related stuff there. Sometimes all these tweets mess with my browser. 

Yea, I’m not trying to be that guy, but it gets old scrolling through pages of useless tweets to find/read posts that have any substance. 

I’m not bashing the poster or anyone else. I get it that Twitter is where most of the up to date notifications come from. Posting tweets in of itself isn’t bad, but it gets to the point where it’s the same tweets getting posted over & over and with little to any relevance.

If mentions the Colts, a player, a coach, etc…automatically gets posted here. 

The forum is literally becoming 1 pinned tweet. Unless you’re a mod, good luck being able to start a topic and not have it over ran with the same tweets being posted in every other thread. Hell, it took a team of mods just to keep 1 thread clean.

If everyone loves Twitter so much, it’s literally free to sign up and you can set it to notify you literally every time someone mentions the Colts.

1 minute ago, Btown_Colt said:

Yea, I’m not trying to be that guy, but it gets old scrolling through pages of useless tweets to find/read posts that have any substance. 

I’m not bashing the poster or anyone else. I get it that Twitter is where most of the up to date notifications come from. Posting tweets in of itself isn’t bad, but it gets to the point where it’s the same tweets getting posted over & over and with little to any relevance.

The forum is literally becoming 1 pinned tweet. Unless you’re a mod, good luck being able to start a topic and not have it over ran with the same tweets being posted in every other thread. Hell, it took a team of mods just to keep 1 thread clean.

If everyone loves Twitter so much, it’s literally free to sign up and you can set it to notify you literally every time someone mentions the Colts.

I’m not a fan to be honest. I was hoping it would basically go away once Musk took over. 

13 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

Trust me, I didn’t take it personal. I just don’t get the “They can post what they want, keep

scrolling post” - practice what you preach.

Would you like me to help set you up with Twitter so you can enjoy all her posts, and more, as they happen? 

11 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

Not a big deal really.  I like reading them.  I wouldn’t bother with any of those twitter type sites.  No desire too.

6 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

Trust me, I didn’t take it personal. I just don’t get the “They can post what they want, keep

scrolling post” - practice what you preach.

Would you like me to help set you up with Twitter so you can enjoy all her posts, and more, as they happen? 

well i wasnt saying you what you can post i was just defending  a poster because i like her posts that is it .     I have a twitter i am very into computers and tech apps  as i do it for a living  .  I just  follow so many different topics and people on twitter i miss out on a lot of football tweets so i like when topics i miss are posted here .  

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

Maybe part of the interview process is having the candidate explain how he can work with the coaches who are here. 

We don't know what Ballard and Irsay are thinking.

Would the new guy fire Reggie Wayne as receivers coach? 

I think technically, the Colts just have 2 coach openings.

Yes, we mostly agree here.  I’m confident Ballard will strongly recommend a number of assistants on the staff.  Even in a terrible season, not every assistant is to blame.  You don’t want to throw out the baby with the bath water, so to speak. 

But HCs typically have an idea of who they want to bring, and some of those coaches may also have some pull about who they want to bring as well.  

Im sure the new HCs vision for his staff is a key component of who he hires.   Potentially his willingness to accept some current assistants and maybe even a coordinator or two.  (My fear is having rejected Bubba as HC he will now WANT to leave.  I hope not). 

Archived