Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This has to be a no brainer...

Indeee

What has been said so many times already the talent at TE is very close this year the variables being blocking ability and route running.There are so many TEs in later rds that would add just as much if not more potential than Fleener.Allen, Robinson,Rodriquez,Hanna,Green

Don't forget Orson Charles out of Georgia

to me it comes down to this lets just say as far as needs go and the best players available at those needs are as follows

Fleener- likely going in 1st round but is actually second round talent

Brockers-likely going in the first and maybe early

Chapman-will likely be their for us

Hicks-4-6

Ta'amu-can go anywhere from 2-4 round

Jenkins-jury is still out do to off field trouble but is without a doubt first round talent and might still be to some teams

Silatolu-2nd round

osemele-2nd round

Jenkins-1-2, now hes been in trouble before so that does leave where he will go even more unclear but he is a first round talent

Jayron Hosley-2

Josh Robinson-2-3

Alfonzo Dennard-2-3- Saturday morning got in trouble

Trumaine Johnson-2-3

Casey Hayward-2-3

Brandon Boykin-2-3

Josh Norman-3

Brandon Brooks-2-4

Stephen Hill-1-2

Alshon Jeffery-2

AJ Jenkins-2-3

Sanu-2-3

Criner-2-3

Reuben Randle-

Quick--3

Marvin Jones--3

Ladarius Gree-4th

Baptiste-4th-5th

Fangupo-raw and injury problems

To me it comes down to Tight End, Guard and Corner, why? well looking at that list provided by Walter Football.com

it shows that their are plenty of good wide receivers to choose from who are slated to go after the first round who are pretty decent receivers some speedsters, some hands guys (mainly speedsters) but their are plenty that are their

Tight End- well we all know Luck uses his Tight Ends and Fleener is impressive and if their could very well be our pick but at the same time your running the risk of passing on a 1st round Corner for s second round Tight End

Wide Receiver- from the draft round projections many talented ones will fall to the 3rd round

Defensive Tackle- well we need one that has size commands double teams, eats up blockers keeping in mind in a 3-4 a NT job isnt to get sacks

so you have

Hicks

Chapman

Ta'amu

Baptiste-raw talent with size

Fangupo-multiple injuries

well most of those you can get in the late rounds

Baptiste, Hicks, Fangupo

so for me it comes down to Corner or Guard and Defensive Tackle Chapman if were going best player available with the needs at number 2 now we can go Corner later then Guard but all of those other Corners are 2nd and 3rd round talent at best or we can draft Chapman at 2 and go 3rd at Guard but lose out on going wide receiver at 3 or corner at 3 and have to draft one of those at 4 and likely the next at 5th, do we really want a 5th round Corner or Guard when all we need from a 5th round defensive tackle is for them to hold their ground and not get ate up? at 300 plus pound and probably over 315 plus at this point I would hope that they dont get ate up even if they are in the 5th providing their only purpose is to eat up blocks for Linebackers, are we really going to expect a mid round Corner to come in and make a impact and be able to start? so it really comes down to Guard or Corner for me and which is the bigger need, I tried to break it down somewhat I dont know if I did that good but with as much info as I found and with as much info was I typed out here it got somewhat hard for me to follow

Thoughts on how I did?