Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Damar Hamlin

CR91

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I love that guy, that would be the 1st thing I would ask, "Did we win". Great stuff, glad he is getting better.

Imagine he asks that, and the doctor says, "We're in Cincinnati, you know I'm a Bengals fan"  :D

Doctors gave a great reply too, hope someone briefed him the situation about the game if he's still eager to know the result. 

9 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Imagine he asks that, and the doctor says, "We're in Cincinnati, you know I'm a Bengals fan"  :D

Doctors gave a great reply too, hope someone briefed him the situation about the game if he's still eager to know the result. 

Earlier today I think at this doctors pressers they said almost all the doctors who were not taking care of a patient were watching the game at work. Imagine seeing that happen on tv then him coming in to take care of him.

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Earlier today I think at this doctors pressers they said almost all the doctors who were not taking care of a patient were watching the game at work. Imagine seeing that happen on tv then him coming in to take care of him.

Yeah, they'd have known as soon as they heard/read about CPR being administered on the football field. 

That probably helped, even though it all happened very quick and Hamlin needed very urgent care, doctors would have had a heads up about this critical incident and the patient coming to their care. 

I just read on ESPN that Damar Hamlin's mom reached out to Tee Higgins, the Bengals WR who ran into him, to reassure him that there was no ill will. I think that was very thoughtful of her. I can imagine some people putting blame on Higgins, even though when you watch the play, it's obvious he made just an ordinary football move, nothing 'dirty' about it.

On 1/6/2023 at 9:33 AM, masterlock said:

I just read on ESPN that Damar Hamlin's mom reached out to Tee Higgins, the Bengals WR who ran into him, to reassure him that there was no ill will. I think that was very thoughtful of her. I can imagine some people putting blame on Higgins, even though when you watch the play, it's obvious he made just an ordinary football move, nothing 'dirty' about it.

His family has been great. They have not blamed anyone and have expressed gratitude for all the support, medical care, and overall good wishes their son has received. They have asked that donations be made to the University of Cincinnati Trauma center. They have shown class and grace. 

^^^ This was posted about 30 minutes ago. Breathing on his own and neurological function is good. :thmup:

Yesterday, someone here posted that Hamlin and the Bills players/coaches did a video call (Face Time'd). (Scroll above). Regarding the video call:

"I probably won’t be able to do it justice, honestly, with the words,” McDermott said about the video call. “Amazing. Touching. To see Damar through my own eyes is something I’ve been looking forward to. It’s something I’ve been needing to see.”

McDermott added: “(Hamlin) was larger than life in there for us.”

https://theathletic.com/4064290/2023/01/06/damar-hamlin-health-update-bills?source=user-shared-article

On 1/11/2023 at 3:01 AM, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Looking like he has no heart issues and it was caused by the hit. If he has no lasting issues he should be able to play football again .

Great news. 

Guess it's like an one in a million chance or rarer of that kind of hit causing such cardiac arrest. 

If everything goes well, he could be playing the game next year if he wants to. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/29/2023 at 11:33 AM, NFLfan said:

How awesome and gracious is that!!!  Class personified! 

:scoregood: :grouphug: :heart: :heart:

So surreal. Here I am feeling bad for myself because life isn't going my way, and then I get jolted back by watching this video of a man who quite literally is a miracle. God bless you, Damar. And thank YOU for being an inspiration. I can't give up. I won't give up. 

Archived