Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So, is the Jeff Saturday experiment over yet?

John Hammonds

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, IanColts22 said:

Well just maybe Irsay told Jeff Saturday look you shown you can win but let's yank this game as we need Losses now more then anything for higher draft picks 

Honestly, maybe, this was a record setting loss. Utterly unbelievable, and Honestly this would be hilarious if it wasn't such an indictment of the franchise.  This team is a laughing stock .

7 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

Yes.  Hopefully we can lose to the Chargers and help them make the playoffs. This takes them out of the Sean Payton sweepstakes. Then it’s between us and Houston.  Backup plan is Harbaugh with Luck as his OC. 

Colts not getting 1st pick. Saints and Falcons will get QB. Bears defense, Denver? even with Wilson; who knows.

1 hour ago, John Hammonds said:

Yup.  As I said in the OP, if the names were removed, and it's just "an interim coach that had no coaching experience" that did this, that coach would have been gone before the sun rises.

However....

I agree with you.

There also isn’t much point in firing him right now….just wait 3 more weeks and let it all play out.

15 hours ago, IanColts22 said:

Well just maybe Irsay told Jeff Saturday look you shown you can win but let's yank this game as we need Losses now more then anything for higher draft picks 

Just maybe Kirk Cousins asked Santa at halftime for a miraculous comeback so there was nothing Saturday and the Colts could do to overcome the Christmas magic. 

3 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

This...ok..well before Saturday we didn't have any first half leads to blow..compare this team plays now vs the teams play against New England...I'll take what we are getting now over that crap any day..at least the games have been enteraing for stretches instead of 60 straight minutes of misery

15 hours ago, Aaron86 said:

Some of you crack me up. You think Jeff is the issue with this team? The odds are totally stacked against him. 

Absolutely agree. He is not the problem. Actually i feel the players are playing hard for him. As to why everything else has gone to hell that is difficult to pin down.  Play calling is awful. Having a mobile Qb sure would help. I think back to Rivers time at Qb and the O-line was Nowhere near as bad as now. These guys have monster contracts and now we are screwed. 

1 hour ago, joeb said:

Absolutely agree. He is not the problem. Actually i feel the players are playing hard for him. As to why everything else has gone to hell that is difficult to pin down.  Play calling is awful. Having a mobile Qb sure would help. I think back to Rivers time at Qb and the O-line was Nowhere near as bad as now. These guys have monster contracts and now we are screwed. 

First off, @w87r broke down our salary cap and the contracts in another thread. It is brilliant and took some serious research, you should go read it. Our cap situation is not bad at all. 

Now on to Jeff. If you give him a off season to put his own team in place and we grab a QB in the draft then add some help in other places like a dynamic WR and edge we could have a really solid team able to take the division. Jeff was never going to turn this around this year but next year if he can get the staff and players to buy in to his system, the sky is the limit. If we keep Ballard then he needs to buy in as well if not get rid of him. Everybody has to be on the same page. You cant have the owner and gm at odds or that stuff is going to trickle down to the locker room, they need to get straight with each other because you can feel the rift between the two. 

Jeff Saturday took over a bad team with a bad offense. Watching the team and offense continue to play poorly isn't all that surprising to me. It sucks being a punchline, but it's mostly irrelevant.

I'm not a Saturday believer, and I don't want him to be the HC next season. But I don't fault him for the way the team is playing right now.

22 hours ago, Btown_Colt said:

Well, I’m not sure Irsay is going to be happy about his Colts being the laughingstock of the NFL in their last 2 games.

But then again, it’s pretty clear he is the one that needs to be evaluated.

There is no defense for this organization right now. Historically awful in every sense of the term. 

And as much as I wanted Frank gone, you can’t tell me he would have lost that game. % we may have never been in it, but wouldn’t have lost it like that.

Missed last years Ravens game?

8 hours ago, joeb said:

The oline wasn’t as bad because rivers is that smart identifying what defenses are doing presnap. Ryan is no rivers.

On 12/17/2022 at 6:43 PM, EastStreet said:

I will LOL if Saturday and Ballard (and Parks) are back in 2023....

Some folks will fall out  lol. 

I hope they are actually I think Jeff is good for the team. He will probably bring in a different OC and other guys but I think he can handle it. 

It should be. Despite all the odds that were stacked against him when he got the team, he hasn’t really delivered anything besides a win against the lowly Raiders. Effort wise (which is one thing most thought would improve) they look about the same. You can watch them in the 4th quarter vs. Dallas and the whole game against the Jags in Week 2 and you’ll have a hard time thinking it’s a different team.

You also can’t sell the idea of bringing a guy with a losing record on board full time to the team or the rest of the league. When things got this bad with Caldwell, they let him go. When things got this bad with Pagano they let him go. Same with Reich. At this point if you brought him back it would be based on nothing more than his connection with Irsay.

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Rivers could coverup his weaker arm strength with smarts. Ryan can’t. LT hasn’t even really been a huge issue. It’s blitzes

LT is critical but once again I will agree Rivers was better. On my all-time list, I have Rivers rated higher than Ryan but to say LT isn't an issue is wrong.

3 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

It should be. Despite all the odds that were stacked against him when he got the team, he hasn’t really delivered anything besides a win against the lowly Raiders. Effort wise (which is one thing most thought would improve) they look about the same. You can watch them in the 4th quarter vs. Dallas and the whole game against the Jags in Week 2 and you’ll have a hard time thinking it’s a different team.

You also can’t sell the idea of bringing a guy with a losing record on board full time to the team or the rest of the league. When things got this bad with Caldwell, they let him go. When things got this bad with Pagano they let him go. Same with Reich. At this point if you brought him back it would be based on nothing more than his connection with Irsay.

It was a mid season hiring, Jeff won't be coach next year. Spur of the moment thing.

1 hour ago, strt182 said:

I hope they are actually I think Jeff is good for the team. He will probably bring in a different OC and other guys but I think he can handle it. 

My guess, Jim will throw a hail Mary at Payton or Harbaugh, but won't work out. And Jeff will end up be up the coach. And I'm good with that. I agree, he'd likely be good for the team. And he'd add an OC and other O position coaches. Parks stays, but no longer calls plays. I don't blame for him anything. He inherited the scheme/play-book, and situation. Just think Jeff will bring his own guy. 

Archived