Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Liars or inept?

GoColts!!

As a proud season ticket holder, I have moved from the back row in the corner to the Loge level at the edge of the $1260 seats. I have two season tickets. My request was to move closer to the middle. That was all I asked and I am sent a letter saying that "due to limited availability of certain seating areas, we were unable to fulfill as many requests as in prior years." Since season tickets are still available for purchase and I read were someone actually bought seats better than mine as a new season ticket holder, when the comments race about "true fans" and people not buying tickets next year, this is why I am not renewing. Either the ticket office lies or they are inept and I don't want to send $2520 to someone matching that criteria.

If I hadn't already paid, I would cancel and try to get season tickets as a new subscriber, maybe then my seats could improve. This is sad.

As a proud season ticket holder, I have moved from the back row in the corner to the Loge level at the edge of the $1260 seats. I have two season tickets. My request was to move closer to the middle. That was all I asked and I am sent a letter saying that "due to limited availability of certain seating areas, we were unable to fulfill as many requests as in prior years." Since season tickets are still available for purchase and I read were someone actually bought seats better than mine as a new season ticket holder, when the comments race about "true fans" and people not buying tickets next year, this is why I am not renewing. Either the ticket office lies or they are inept and I don't want to send $2520 to someone matching that criteria.

If I hadn't already paid, I would cancel and try to get season tickets as a new subscriber, maybe then my seats could improve. This is sad.

I wouldnt give up if I was you I'd call again'email complain about a refund and throw a fit :)just saying talk to their supervisor and talk about not reuping try everything else before u dont renew .

Where are your seats at? I'm a new ticket holder at that price level and was assigned seats in Section 446, Row 9, which I presume to be at the far corner of that section.

BTW, can you give me an honest opinion of how are the seats there?

If they need to sell tickets they are going to be far more accommodating to someone new than to someone just quietly asking to move. They gain nothing from you but inconvenience. Bahhumbug is right - you need to make sufficient noise to make them think that they will lose you - which would be then make you the equal in concern to a new customer.

It's also entirely possible that they are simply telling you the truth. Either way there is nothing to be gained by portraying their actions as a personal affront. It's just business, and you once derived the benefit of being a new customer as well.

As a new ticket holder, I was not given the option of purchasing tickets in the loge or street-level sideline or corner. The best offer I was given was in the loge level (under the window) in the end zone. What is seems like to me is that the people who didn't renew had tickets in the not-so-popular places and the new offers were not as good as the seats people wanted to move to. Just my thoughts on what happened. I don't think any of the good seats were available to the new ticktet holders.

I didn't upgrade my seats because I missed the deadline to send the form in but I did call the ticket office and asked if I could move closer since people were able to just call in and immediately get season tickets. They told me that they only had seats in the 400 level endzones and they had nothing available better than what I have. I'm in 443 which I love but I just wanted to move closer to the field.

Maybe many of the people who renewed their season tickets also requested an upgrade and they just didn't have enough available to accomodate everyone.

IMO, you have every right to be ticked off! Let the people who have been season ticket holders upgrade their seating area first and then let newbies pick over the rest. I live 700 miles away so its not an option for me but it reminds me of the same feeling I get with being a long time Directv customer. All these cheap offers for new customers who sign up,( NFL ticket for 1) but nothing but premium rates for long term loyal ones! Makes you want to just play the system..

I am a new season ticket owner and they informed me that all they had left was 400 level endzone... We wanted top of the 100 level under the window... but ces la vie.

I dont think you should take it personally. I thought season ticket holders were supposed to send in seat improvement requests by a certain time... Perhaps another season ticket holder had more seniority or something before you... I am sure ther are a million possible explanations... Doesnt mean anyone is inept or a liar...

I am a new season ticket owner and they informed me that all they had left was 400 level endzone... We wanted top of the 100 level under the window... but ces la vie.

Lol, I have a friend who has had season tickets for 15-20 years and that's where they sit. I don't imagine those become available too often.

:D

I have tried to move my seats from the very front row of the 600 lvl to the lodge lvl between the 20's since we moved into the new stadium. I was finally granted my request this year. I have been turned down for several years. The 500 lvl, doesnt come available often.