Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who are we starting?

Patrick Miller

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

I’m pretty sure Ryan’s going to be benched to avoid a possible injury. If Saturday starts Foles that tells me he’s serious about winning out. Or maybe he’ll start Ehlinger so he can evaluate him over these last four games. What say u?

Good question. I have a feeling Nick...and I have a feeling if we draft a young QB...Nick will be the bridge QB.

Pretty sure they are going to start Foles.  Holder said after the cowboys game there was a lot of chatter that maybe they should have. He has done nothing but been  quiet and done  his job while being jerked around. He probably deserves a chance. But we are also taking a risk that he will be better then Ryan and we win another game or two. So in that respect I don’t mind if they start Sam or even stick to Ryan. I just want to lose at this point. It’s in their best interest.

We saw what happened when the Colts originally benched Ryan. Most of the team wasn't happy with that decision.

Now, if you believe we are going to get rid of most of the team next year then that shouldn't matter to you I guess. But I personally don't think we have a complete rebuild coming up. So, keep the guy that the leaders in the locker room want out there and ride it out.We'll be getting a top pick regardless lol.

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

I could be wrong but I don't think Jeff is going to bench Ryan. 

If he does bench Ryan, Saturday either has to devise a game plan for Foles or a game plan for Ehlinger. If he wants to see if we have an outside shot of making the playoffs, he will start Foles for at least 2 games before any playoff hopes are totally done before we start Sam E, IMO. 

33 minutes ago, colts89 said:

We saw what happened when the Colts originally benched Ryan. Most of the team wasn't happy with that decision.

Now, if you believe we are going to get rid of most of the team next year then that shouldn't matter to you I guess. But I personally don't think we have a complete rebuild coming up. So, keep the guy that the leaders in the locker room want out there and ride it out.We'll be getting a top pick regardless lol.

Ryan is stinking it up. I’m sure the players aren’t happy with the losing streaks either. Imo our best chance to win is with Foles.

20 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Irsay, Saturday, and Ballard have to come to a understanding we need to play more young guys to evaluate them. More woods and Granson less cox. The right thing to do is start Sam. That gives him 6 games to be evaluated. But Jeff needs to win if he ever wants to get into coaching. So he might just start Foles.

I believe Sam still gives us the best chance to win

4 hours ago, colts89 said:

So if we are going to let the players decide who the starting QB is, we have a bigger problem than I thought.  

Archived