Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dakich says the word from Indy reporters is......

LJpalmbeacher2

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

please, explain to me what cancel culture is in comparison? Maybe you can educate me. Speaking isn’t an action. So it can’t be a consequence of one’s actions. It’s consequence for one’s speech. Serious question. 

Speaking is an action.  Defamation is also an action that can be considered criminal.  I quit listening to DD long ago because of him pushing his ego giving the impression he was a tough guy.  Insults just wasn't something that entertained me.  

5 hours ago, presto123 said:

Gregg Doyel on Dakich from back in July.

“So insightful about basketball and the inner workings of a team, he now fancies himself a political talking head, adding a second daily show on a right-wing radio station that specializes in conspiracy theories, half-truths, outright lies and hate. His handful of supporters tell Dakich he’s wise, and he believes it.”

Doyel saw this coming from a mile away. 

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/columnists/gregg-doyel/2022/07/18/dan-dakich-rants-lies-twitter-beefs-and-bullying-indiana-indianapolis-1070-the-fan-outkick-espn/65374633007/

Don't like Dakich. Like Doyel even less lol.... 

Doyel talking about someone being political, is a bit hypocritical lol... 

In short, Doyel is probably one of the least popular sports writers in Indy. And mixes with stuff with sports all the time. Very preachy. His article on Dakich is another example (mentioning his marriage, and other personal stuff)... I'd guess Doyel isn't popular with Colts admin either..  Also, he'll tweet like 100 times per article... I guess he's hurting for clicks... I finally unfollowed him after like 20 tweets about the same Lebron article. And his twitter photo (boxing) is hilarious. He's the softest boxer I've ever read... 

I'd guess Dakich's firing had something to do with Emmis selling the radio stations to Urban One over the summer. Many expected a shake up (personalities, and programming). Urban One's model is very different. 

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Don't like Dakich. Like Doyel even less lol.... 

Doyel talking about someone being political, is a bit hypocritical lol... 

In short, Doyel is probably one of the least popular sports writers in Indy. And mixes with stuff with sports all the time. Very preachy. His article on Dakich is another example (mentioning his marriage, and other personal stuff)... I'd guess Doyel isn't popular with Colts admin either..  Also, he'll tweet like 100 times per article... I guess he's hurting for clicks... I finally unfollowed him after like 20 tweets about the same Lebron article. And his twitter photo (boxing) is hilarious. He's the softest boxer I've ever read... 

I'd guess Dakich's firing had something to do with Emmis selling the radio stations to Urban One over the summer. Many expected a shake up (personalities, and programming). Urban One's model is very different. 

I don't care for Doyle either. He is a crap stirrer IMO.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't care for Doyle either. He is a crap stirrer IMO.

Dakich is a shock jock, that is highly irritating. At least he has his moments with good info, and is entertaining on a rare occasion.

Doyel however, isn't entertaining, and his articles are super meh. And he's political and preachy.. He's probably the least popular sports guy in Indy lol.... 

Didn't know Dakich got fired until reading this. He was a jerk, but he would tell the things that the soft Indy media wouldn't. Guys like JMV won't bash the Colts no matter what, and it took what is happening now for people like Bowen and Keefer to finally be honest. That's generally what I want is some honesty, and Dakich was, regardless of if he was negative (though his Grigson takes were laughable). 

Unfortunately, the Colts as a team will hide all negativity from the public as they try to sell tickets every year and downplay what is really going on to the casual fan. Dakich was one of the few who didn't hold back. I don't like negativity for the sake of negativity, but when negativity is correct at the time, then I'm all for it. If there's one thing I liked about Dakich, it's that he exposed this team to casual fans. Luckily, it seems people like Bowen and Keefer are doing the same without acting like Dakich now.

Archived