Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dakich says the word from Indy reporters is......

LJpalmbeacher2

Irsay plans on bringing Ballard back AND give Saturday the HC gig going forward.

He also said if that happens it just goes along with  what he's been saying for years that the Colts ARE NOT INTERESTED IN WINNING. 

Duh lol

But Saturday botching the not calling time out vs Steelers and the 4th quarter implosion vs Cowboys will make it a more difficult sale to the fans. 

He says irsay needs for Saturday win a game or two more to make it a better sale to the fans. 

Dakich may be a blow hard and difficult to like to most BUT he tells it like he sees it.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

some of dakichs takes make no sense .  he was saying luck only retired because frank was a soft coach not because he was injured .  he said luck wanted to be coached hard so he retired which doesnt really make sense .  luck would of just ask to be traded instead of retiring

But a lot of his takes do make sense. 

And a lot of moves the colts have made make you scratch your head.

Just now, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Dakich is generally right in the end on things. Most fans don't like him because of his negative takes, but he is very smart and has seen through Ballard the entire time.

2 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Irsay plans on bringing Ballard back AND give Saturday the HC gig going forward.

He also said if that happens it just goes along with  what he's been saying for years that the Colts ARE NOT INTERESTED IN WINNING. 

Duh lol

But Saturday botching the not calling time out vs Steelers and the 4th quarter implosion vs Cowboys will make it a more difficult sale to the fans. 

He says irsay needs for Saturday win a game or two more to make it a better sale to the fans. 

Dakich may be a blow hard and difficult to like to most BUT he tells it like he sees it.

Oh NO!!!!!! :facepalm: I hope not.. I guess WISHING for a hc or oc that's tied to a high powered offense is out the question. I guess WISHING for an EXPERIENCED gm is out too. Maybe I can get the dual threat qb BUT with this uninspiring duo all the qb needs to do is be able to hand the ball off. When they said SAM had the sauce MAYBE it's Irsay that's ON the sauce. If he's trying to SELL the fans on this one then he's AWARE this might be a tough pitch. Unbelievable....

1 minute ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

i agree the team needs a head coach that holds people accountable .   i just think some of his takes are wrong like praising grigson who made luck get injured .   colts always had a bottom 5 offensive line defense and run game under grigson .   grigson drafted bust after bust  every year .  hilton and kelly were the only good picks in 6 years  luck carried a corpse of a team to the playoffs every year . it got so bad with grigsons draft picks he had to keep signing past stars who were well past their primes to fill holes . we had the oldest team in the league and zero pass rush or defense . teams were dropping over 30 on the regular basis . 

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Dakich is generally right in the end on things. Most fans don't like him because of his negative takes, but he is very smart and has seen through Ballard the entire time.

Just like you and I have.

But its bigger than Ballard and even Irsay, im sure you know.

But I'll leave at that.

Dakich heaps praise on Grigson the few times I’ve listened.  Zero credibility.

having said that, saying what he’s heard from others could be accurate.  I know Florio has speculated Irsay wants Jeff around long term.  He’s juiced in.  Peter King has speculated that same.  So can see it.  Same with Ballard.  Team definitely disappointing and appears to have some lean years ahead.  It’s the NFL and things can change quick.  Definitely some luck involved at times.

Ballard has some bright spots and some low spots.  Low spots stick out more of course as the team is a current dumpster fire.

in my opinion ballard actually is a good drafter but its the way he constructs the roster that makes no sense .   you have to be able to do both not just draft well .   you cant use top ten picks on guards or pay out 20 million for linebackers .  money should go to premium positions .    if colts got jim harbaugh and kept ballard i think it could be a good team .  need jim to have control and say in who is paid and what positions he needs .  let ballard focus on drafting and let jim lead the construction of the roster

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

i agree the team needs a head coach that holds people accountable .   i just think some of his takes are wrong like praising grigson who made luck get injured .   colts always had a bottom 5 offensive line defense and run game under grigson .   grigson drafted bust after bust  every year .  hilton and kelly were the only good picks in 6 years  luck carried a corpse of a team to the playoffs every year . it got so bad with grigsons draft picks he had to keep signing past stars who were well past their primes to fill holes . we had the oldest team in the league and zero pass rush or defense . teams were dropping over 30 on the regular basis . 

Grigson is just the icon to represent Dakich's hatred of media. It's all an agenda, where he presents himself as the objective truth teller who keeps it real, while everyone who doesn't see things his way is a sycophant.

Even in this case, it's ironic that he'd attribute this to 'Indy reporters,' and then base a theory around it. Anything else that Indy reporters say is derided and dismissed out of hand. Apparently this report fits his narrative, so it's okay.

3 minutes ago, Nate! said:

Dakich heaps praise on Grigson the few times I’ve listened.  Zero credibility.

having said that, saying what he’s heard from others could be accurate.  I know Florio has speculated Irsay wants Jeff around long term.  He’s juiced in.  Peter King has speculated that same.  So can see it.  Same with Ballard.  Team definitely disappointing and appears to have some lean years ahead.  It’s the NFL and things can change quick.  Definitely some luck involved at times.

Ballard has some bright spots and some low spots.  Low spots stick out more of course as the team is a current dumpster fire.

To the Bolded, I'm not a Dakich defender, but you better give other people who praise Ballard zero credibility as well or this is hypocritical. Really, with your extreme viewpoint, the only people who get credibility are the people who praised Polian and bashed Grigson and Ballard.

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

Grigson is just the icon to represent Dakich's hatred of media. It's all an agenda, where he presents himself as the objective truth teller who keeps it real, while everyone who doesn't see things his way is a sycophant.

Even in this case, it's ironic that he'd attribute this to 'Indy reporters,' and then base a theory around it. Anything else that Indy reporters say is derided and dismissed out of hand. Apparently this report fits his narrative, so it's okay.

i noticed that he also always picks against what the media' opinions are .  with the jeff saturday hire the media hated it so he pumped jeff up like he is gonna finally hold players accountable .  then jeff starts losing and he flip flops tweeting out against jeff being soft . 

Dakich is a blow hard. Doesn't make him right or wrong. 

I think most insiders expect Ballard back.

I know a lot of fans think he's responsible for every roster decision, but it's simply not reality. 

Unless Payton is a realistic option (I doubt it), I'm OK with Saturday on a short contract. He's not responsible for this team's situation... He has some positive attributes. In short, I'm testing the waters for a year with Jeff and Chris. 

4 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

Griggs did a very good job early, his first draft was excellent.. And the Colts were good those

first 3 seasons as their record showed...and it

Wasn't just because of luck.

If your a big fan of Ballard, IT'S NOT A KNOCK on him to admit the colts were good those first 3 seasons. 

4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

To the Bolded, I'm not a Dakich defender, but you better give other people who praise Ballard zero credibility as well or this is hypocritical. Really, with your extreme viewpoint, the only people who get credibility are the people who praised Polian and bashed Grigson and Ballard.

im heavily conflicted about ballard .  he does draft well every single draft he came up with a quality starter which is rare in the nfl .  its the way he puts together the roster that makes me question him .  getting rid of players like autry and houston and filling the spots with rookies instead of doing both resigning the veterans and drafting their replacements .   he leaves positions to young with no veteran leaders .   its like he is always in the rebuild mode sticking a third round tackle in with matt ryan and putting unknown pinter at guard .    the way he pays out non premium positions puts the roster at a disadvantage .

14 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

I would be very disappointed in this and how could Ballard and him work together when Ballard told Irsay to not hire him as interim HC. 

It would mean a new GM in two years and a new HC in three 

Is it fact that Ballard "don't hire Jeff as interim"?

Never heard that... Sounds like rumor, or a narrative/assumption. 

If Ballard and Saturday returned as the GM/coach combo next year, I probably won't watch a single game honestly unless it's primetime. That would be the thing that would send me over the top. I don't want Ballard back unless we draft a franchise QB, and even then, I'm not confident. 

Just hoping we let him go at the end of the year. The problem with releasing Ballard is unless Dodds or Brown takes over, we will have an all-new scouting staff, and that could be really bad for a year or two.

2 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Griggs did a very good job early, his first draft was excellent.. And the Colts were good those

first 3 seasons as their record showed...and it

Wasn't just because of luck.

If your a big fan of Ballard, IT'S NOT A KNOCK on him to admit the colts were good those first 3 seasons. 

i am not a big fan of ballard though if you look through my post history i have been highly critical of him .   i just dont see grigson as any where close to good .    

grigsons first draft not counting luck was average .    colby fleener was a pretty big bust so was allen vic ballard was out of the nfl in two years  so was brazil and chapman .   luck was a sure pick i cant give grigson credit for that . ty hilton was great that is about it . go through every of his drafts and most of his players were busts that couldnt even have semi long careers he had first round picks out of the league in a couple seasons . 

i am look at the colts defensive rankings offensive line rankings and run game rankings those three years .  they were really bad it was a combo of a weak division and luck .   some of the polian players helped too AC reggie mathis and lucks star power allowed veterans to come to the colts and that helped .    i just dont  think if  grigson had jacoby  an aging matt ryan or wentz they would be any better than this team now .  because how would they win games without elite QB play ?  they couldnt run the ball at all or play defense under grigson

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If he wanted Saturday he should of waited until after the season so he had a clean slate. No way can you sell that now.

I still think Saturday was used as a means to get a high draft pick. If he did well, that was also fine. With his lack of experience though, I think Irsay thought he would sink, and he has tried his best, but will probably lose the next three games before beating the Texans and we go 5-11-1.

7 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

im heavily conflicted about ballard .  he does draft well every single draft he came up with a quality starter which is rare in the nfl .  its the way he puts together the roster that makes me question him .  getting rid of players like autry and houston and filling the spots with rookies instead of doing both resigning the veterans and drafting their replacements .   he leaves positions to young with no veteran leaders .   its like he is always in the rebuild mode sticking a third round tackle in with matt ryan and putting unknown pinter at guard .    the way he pays out non premium positions puts the roster at a disadvantage .

I really like how Ballard drafts, but I also agree the team composition is questionable.  But you have to have a HC with a strong voice to tell Ballard who (at least what positions) are most in need.  I like Reich, but he was never a good HC, even though I wanted him to be.  I don't believe he had a strong voice to command the team.  Not sure about Saturday yet.  Great player, loved him as our center.  And Colts were inspired his 1st game as HC, since then, not impressed.  The lack of a timeout when trying to come back was bad.  The Colts were actually competitive vs Cowboys until the 4Q when Ryan and the rest of the team decided they didn't want to hold onto the ball.  I believe we have a good core, but need more consistent play, and a QB that can not only make the throws, reads, but also scramble when necessary.  Nobody on the roster is the answer at QB, but wouldn't mind giving Foles or Ehlinger a shot again, it can't be any worse than this last game.  

Colts need to draft some studs at OL.  Figure out what happened to Quenton Nelson this year, he has been a disappointment.  Still think he's a great player, but something is not right with him this year.  Get a QB, not a placeholder.  Don't forget to use the TEs.  I thought that was supposed to be Ryan's forte?  

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I still think Saturday was used as a means to get a high draft pick. If he did well, that was also fine. With his lack of experience though, I think Irsay thought he would sink, and he has tried his best, but will probably lose the next three games before beating the Texans and we go 5-11-1.

I am more on the train he is here to evaluate. 

Saturday was asked about if he thought Ryan’s shoulder was still impacting him. Jeff said I don’t think so and said he doesn’t get into injuries with players. It really shows his inexperience he never asked Ryan about his injury. Compare that to Leonard and what Reich said about Leonard and tape not showing his true self.

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I am more on the train he is here to evaluate. 

I don't buy this. I'm backing up my claim with the fact that Irsay was the owner when Peyton and Luck were taken no1 and he knows the value of a no1 overall pick. While we won't draft that high, we could get into position to trade up for Stroud or Young, and afterwards, because Saturday is an interim HC, all Irsay would have to do afterwards is have a normal coaching hiring process and the heat will be off the Colts.

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If he stays hopefully Irsay forces a QB. I don’t like him meddling but this is one area if he decides to keep him he has to make sure every oltion is exhausted to get one.

Agreed. I've said this for a while as the condition Ballard stays.

8 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Ballard would probably draft a left tackle and think Ryan can be fine lol.

None have said that so I have no clue where DD is getting that.

if ballard doesnt get a QB in the draft this year i am all aboard the fire ballard train . right now im on the fence and would give him another year .   if he ignores left tackle and QB again i would never defend him again

I have always expected Ballard back.  Saturday I thought would come down to how well they perform going down the stretch.  I think Saturday could work with a strong staff.  I think he could pick a strong one with all of his and Ballard’s connections.  Still not sure Saturday returns but Ballard I think does.

Just now, coming on strong said:

if ballard doesnt get a QB in the draft this year i am all aboard the fire ballard train . right now im on the fence and would give him another year .   if he ignores left tackle and QB again i would never defend him again

He has been here six years. A leopard doesn’t chande their spots. But it’s crazy how the retirement of luck probably changed a lot of perceptions of him. But that’s on him not taking QB more serious and leaving huge holes. Luck retiring probably cost this organization another SB.

Archived