Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 13: Colts @ Cowboys, SNF, December 4th, 2022, 8:15PM ET

NFLfan

Just now, Lancer1 said:

So a tipped pass that is intercepted, and 2 picks in which his recievers are undercut because they doncome back for the ball are all Matt's fault I guess.

no he throws the ball late after the WR makes there cuts, which allows time for the corner to recover and make it a contested catch.

• Like 1

Just now, Zoltan said:

no he throws the ball late after the WR makes there cuts, which allows time for the corner to recover and make it a contested catch.

some people will always defend the QB. 

Just now, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

How do you get benched twice in a season 

nice Frank Gore profile pic. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Offense has not had a good game. 

It did the first Q, and we did not really stop Dallas when we were in the ball game.   

Nutty comments have lectured me that I'm dumb for not knowing the 1Q is what matters.

You mean the game continues after  that?

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

It did the first Q, and we did not really stop Dallas when we were in the ball game.   

Nutty comments have lectured me that I'm dumb for not knowing the 1Q is what matters.

You mean the game continues after  that?

we kept it close until we started turning the ball over. 

can't give the ball away at a league high rate and expect to win against good football teams, let alone bad ones. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dark_Indy said:

Lmao. Non Starter argument. 

The defense can't stop short fields on 4 turnovers on 4 straight drives. When old Matty Ice hands the ball over. 

Our defense has gotten screwed by the refs over and over. Two turnovers overturned by ref nonsense, and possibly the worst PI call ever. 

That is my point the REFS screwed us and once we got behind the game got out of hand. Had we had the lead Matty Ice would not have been making mistakes playing from behind. Yes Matt played bad but not until we fell behind by 2 scores. At 1 time it was 21-19, then we got screwed on 2 huge calls and even had an INT that the REFS said nah. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Some don't understand that for some reason but oh well. The game got out of hand after a couple missed calls.

Hard to believe it but there’s a lot of good players on this team and they need some pieces but they’re not at a “rebuild” level.

After a night like tonight, people overreact. It’s a game that just got out of hand for various reasons.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Smoke317 said:

Collinsworth and Tirico were both saying that our roster is actually very talented (especially on the defensive side) despite our record.  Sounds like they were giving Ballard a pass.

It's because we have a talented team but you can't have a QB like Ryan he's washed.

• Like 2

Just now, Smoke317 said:

Collinsworth and Tirico were both saying that our roster is actually very talented (especially on the defensive side) despite our record.  Sounds like they were giving Ballard a pass.

Most people understand that it doesn't really matter how good of a defense you have, when your over the hill QB turns the ball over at an astronomical rate, there's not much they can do. Collinsworth hit the nail on the head that we just haven't been getting the turnovers that we normally do. Doesn't help much that the refs take away two turnovers from us in the game, but oh well. Some of those 4 win teams won today, moving us up the draft board. 

Then there are a lot of the posters here, who are either wanting to put the blame on Ballard or the roster, or play calling or whatever. 

Just now, coltsfeva said:

Hard to believe it but there’s a lot of good players on this team and they need some pieces but they’re not at a “rebuild” level.

After a night like tonight, people overreact. It’s a game that just got out of hand for various reasons.

Yep, it was only 21-19 and the game got of hand in the 4th Qtr because of crazy things.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

we kept it close until we started turning the ball over. 

can't give the ball away at a league high rate and expect to win against good football teams, let alone bad ones. 

But the defense didn't really shut them down.  They never do when the opponent has to try hard.  Our offense at least made Dallas try hard.   But Dallas never really relinquished the lead, and scored fairly easily as they got over the shock of us being able to move the ball.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yep, it was only 21-19 and the game got of hand in the 4th Qtr because of crazy things.

LOL.  Dallas never relinquished the lead after they recovered from the shocking 1Q.  And they would not have relinquished the lead all night long.   Ryan's turnovers just made the score higher, but didn't change the final outcome..

Just now, Smoke317 said:

Offense is talented. The system does not fit the players. QB is can't play at this level anymore. QB is the oldest position on the team. Need youth. Go back to Elingher for the season. If not the right fit, try for good (if any) QB in draft. Best I saw all season was Levis. Stroud and Young play off support cast. There is also Will Rogers if he decides to come out. There again QB decisions have not been good over the past 6 years. 

7 minutes ago, NodakColt said:

Defending Matt Ryan :lol:

I'm not saying that he played a perfect game, but pretending this beatdown is mainly on him despite bad officiating, dropped or tipped passes, and fumbles by other Colts players is just asinine.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, lilolemoi said:

No, Jags were 2-14 and Wentz choked you outta the playoffs.

I'd take Wentz over Ryan at this point. 

Wentz Choked, but Ryan has been trash all season. So i guess you can say Wentz was worse choke due to playoff berth

9 minutes ago, Shive said:

Nah. A new QB and scheme/OC could do wonders with this roster. There's a lot of talent being misused on this offense.

There are multiple coaching staff and Personnel moves that need to be made. Not to mention the QB. The OL coach needs to be gone, the QB, we need an OC, not to mention a few personnel moves on the OL. And of course again the QB. Reggies done ok and id be down to keep him but hes not beyond being replaced either. And im not even sure if he stays without Frank anyway. He basically commented that he wouldnt have come here if Frank had not reached out in the first place. So it wont shock me if he leaves.

Yep. Time to fire Ballard. He's still living off his sccomplishments with K.C. This season just proves how poorly he has put this team together. All the money he had in the years past to build a really good team just to pass good 1st and second rounders to resign retread old qB's sign 2nd tier players  then try to fall out of draft spots to build a team of 4th 5th and 6th round players all in efforts to save money. Well it shows. Thanks Chris!

1 minute ago, AustinnKaine said:

I'd take Wentz over Ryan at this point. 

Wentz Choked, but Ryan has been trash all season. So i guess you can say Wentz was worse choke due to playoff berth

Wentz had a better teamand they still started last year five games in the hole. Ryan played better at the beginning of the season, but this O line has worn him out. Ehlinger will never be a starting QB. Play Foles the rest of the year. Fire Ballard. Draft a QB in the first round and rebuild with Ryan starting next year after some rest.

10 hours ago, Joecolt15 said:

Offense is talented. The system does not fit the players. QB is can't play at this level anymore. QB is the oldest position on the team. Need youth. Go back to Elingher for the season. If not the right fit, try for good (if any) QB in draft. Best I saw all season was Levis. Stroud and Young play off support cast. There is also Will Rogers if he decides to come out. There again QB decisions have not been good over the past 6 years. 

Best you saw was Levis?  What exactly were you watching?  He’s had a subpar year by all accounts. And Bryce Young’s receivers are not playing up to the level that Tua and Mac Jones’ were in that system. He’s carried that team all season.

It's not Ballard's fault when the Colts cannot score points until the second half. Look at their scoring in the first quarters then the second quarters compared to the third and fourth for the entire season. "Jekyll & Hyde" or "late for dinner", or "the alarm didn't go off" whatever the excuse is the facts are there and this is not the first year the Colts are dormant in the first half. 

• NFLfan locked this topic