Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Oh dear Harbaugh and Luck meeting with Irsay

Restinpeacesweetchloe

24 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I think it’s more luck talking to Harbaugh about why the colts would be a good fit for him. To tell you the truth I want a coach with an edge. Tired of soft players and all these goody goody players. We need more guys that play with an edge.

IF a coach needs a player that retired 4 years ago to tell him why he would be a good fit for a team, that would be a concern for me.

Now add in that this retired players retirement is one of the contributing factors for this teams rapid decline into

mediocrity &t the need to court a potential head coach…I don’t see how the conversation plays out or how using Luck to lure in  next potential head coach makes even the least bit of sense.

Seems like a whole lot of wishful

dot connecting to me, as far as Luck is concerned. 

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

He is?    Honestly, I’m asking sincerely. 

he has 12k followers, clicked on his twitter page and other people are asking him if he's even credible. 

Just now, Btown_Colt said:

IF a coach needs a player that retired 4 years ago to tell him why he would be a good fit for a team, that would be a concern for me.

Now add in that this retired players retirement is one of the contributing factors for this teams rapid decline into

mediocrity &t the need to court a potential head coach…I don’t see how the conversation plays out or how using Luck to lure in  next potential head coach makes even the least bit of sense.

Seems like a whole lot of wishful

dot connecting to me, as far as Luck is concerned. 

this is what i was thinking, lots of big jumps to conclusions, if the story is even true. 

2 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

i don't think Luck is coming back as a player. But to say its to court harbaugh is jumping to conclusions. I think the better answer is that it's weird, and we don't really know. 

I know that Luck's dad was interested in football management type stuff because he had connections to XFL. This season has been odd overall. 

I know Irsay values his time, and he has connections to Harbaugh. We also need a HC next year. This isn't conspiracy theory stuff, it's just the most logical explanation. Luck may have some sort of role like convincing Harbaugh to be our HC, or he could just be there to watch the game with Irsay. The only thing we can probably rule out is that Irsay will try to convince him to unretire again.

If I had to guess, Irsay would be asking Luck for a detailed review of Harbaugh.   A brutally honest evaluation.   Pluses and minuses, and Harbs has both by the dozens. 

Now, why Luck would have to give that review in person rather than by Skype or FaceTime is another question altogether….

Right now, we have more questions than answers…..

Just now, AustinnKaine said:

lol alright, but that still doesn't explained why he would be involved. it's weird. 

Jim was his coach (at Stanford), and Jim will be here for the B10C. And a free suite for the B10 championship.. And believe it or not, Luck spends time in Indy. 

Rumor is that Andrew is throwing a monster khaki book club Friday night prior to the PAC game. Hot chocolate galore!

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

If I had to guess, Irsay would be asking Luck for a detailed review of Harbaugh.   A brutally honest evaluation.   Pluses and minuses, and Harbs has both by the dozens. 

Now, why Luck would have to give that review in person rather than by Skype or FaceTime is another question altogether….

That’s a thought I hadn’t considered regarding Luck. Makes more sense to me than using Luck to persuade JH.

I can buy Irsay being interested in JH. I can buy Irsay wanting AL’s honest opinion on that. 

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I agree with this. Probably Irsay's thinking.

Also. I'm somewhat the same way. I refuse to text friends to talk to them. If they want to talk to me, we have to talk on the phone so I can hear their voices. Much more personable that way. I'm guessing Irsay feels the same about chatting with people in public. I'm guessing during the 2020 draft with covid going on, that was probably the first time he did facetime with other people in his life.

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Jim was his coach (at Stanford), and Jim will be here for the B10C. And a free suite for the B10 championship.. And believe it or not, Luck spends time in Indy. 

Rumor is that Andrew is throwing a monster khaki book club Friday night prior to the PAC game. Hot chocolate galore!

Not speaking for the other poster, but I think what they are saying is…Yea but why use Luck to court JH. Luck is one of the reasons the Colts are in this position.

5 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

Not speaking for the other poster, but I think what they are saying is…Yea but why use Luck to court JH. Luck is one of the reasons the Colts are in this position.

I don't buy any of the stuff, to be honest....

Jim was a Colts QB. Andrew was Colts QB. Jim was Andrew's coach. Perhaps a just a brief reunion with niceties if anything... 

Jim will be focused on the B10C IMO.. doubt he'll spend much time with Jim or Andrew. Beat PU, watch the CFP selection, then back to UM to focus on the CFP game.. Actually, probably leave to go back UM, and watch the CFP selection show at UM. 

3 minutes ago, #12. said:

Luck flew into town Tuesday for a game on Saturday?

Funny thing about having plenty of money & plenty of time on your hands…you can make a week long vacation out a college football game.

Rumor is that luck kept his house in Indy just he would have a place to stay when he vacations here for events at LOS!

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

I don't buy any of the stuff, to be honest....

Jim was a Colts QB. Andrew was Colts QB. Jim was Andrew's coach. Perhaps a just a brief reunion with niceties if anything... 

Jim will be focused on the B10C IMO.. doubt he'll spend much time with Jim or Andrew. Beat PU, watch the CFP selection, then back to UM to focus on the CFP game.. Actually, probably leave to go back UM, and watch the CFP selection show at UM. 

Yea, I agree. That’s the other thing, I mean it’s not like Irsay & JH don’t know each other and need to be introduced through Luck.

16 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

Funny thing about having plenty of money & plenty of time on your hands…you can make a week long vacation out a college football game.

Luck is back in college, though. Checked the Stanford academic calendar.  He has classes until next week, then exams.

8 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

Yea, I agree. That’s the other thing, I mean it’s not like Irsay & JH don’t know each other and need to be introduced through Luck.

Yup. That's why none of it makes sense. JI doesn't need AL. 

JH will be very, very, very busy leading up to the game. Then busy after the game and all day next day.  

And JI will be at the Indy game Sunday in Dallas. 

If anything, there will plenty of time after the B10C game and the CFP selection, and before the CFP games, if JI wanted to talk to JH. 

IMO.. Luck has a house here.. and is a FB fan. Why not return (to his home) when his school/classes are out for Christmas... Free suite, and see his old coach, and friends .  I'm a bit surprised that he's not at the WC right now.. He's a big soccer fan too. 

I'm guessing this is fake, but it did bring to mind the fact that if the Colts wanted to start interviewing coaches right now, they could.  If it's someone like Caldwell, for example, who is currently unemployed, they could interview him tomorrow. 

21 minutes ago, #12. said:

Luck is back in college, though. Checked the Stanford academic calendar.  He has classes until next week, then exams.

Ehh, maybe he is doing them online, or skipping. Or, I hear he is pretty smart, maybe he already has his work done!

I’m not being serious, btw!

3 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I know but that has nothing to do with Luck.

Luck’s former coach is coaching in it.  It’s very possible Luck still likes watching football and wants to support his old coach and clearly has connections to have special seats at the game.  It wouldn’t be the first time Irsay has taken care of a former player.  With that said, could Irsay also see this as a chance to get Luck to help recruit Harbaugh like you suggested?  Sure.  However, let’s not forget Harbaugh has history with Irsay so it’s not like Irsay needs an introduction to Harbaugh if he wants him.  It‘ll come down to can you get him to leave Michigan and as many have said that will be no small task.  

for the record this is assuming everything in this tweet is correct which with the source it might very well not be.

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

For what it’s worth….

Luck and Harbaugh were NOT close by the time Harbs left for the 49ers and the NFL.  Luck was tight with Shaw who is a really decent human being. 

I’ve always said Harbaugh would not be a good fit in the Colts building.  He rubs most everyone the wrong way and people are happy to see him leave when he goes.  

That said…..

If Irsay wants to give a Harbaugh and Ballard 4-5 years to get the most out of the roster knowing the clock would be ticking then Harbs might be the right guy.  JH is good for a good quick fix.  He’s not going to turn things around in 1-2 years, but he might get the most out of this roster over a window of 3-5 years.  

But many things would have to be negotiated.   Who controls the roster?  Ballard or Harbaugh?   Who controls the draft?   CB or Harbs?   Lots of potential for fireworks….  And those will eventually get out.    For better and worse,  Harbaugh is wired differently from everyone you know. 

We need a little of that in this building, I can’t remember the last time we had a coach who got In peoples *** if you not performing or don’t want to be here you can go. Last time we had a blunt coach was arians everyone other one after dungy has been soft player coaches etc…

1 minute ago, jbaron04 said:

We need a little of that in this building, I can’t remember the last time we had a coach who got In peoples *** if you not performing or don’t want to be here you can go. Last time we had a blunt coach was arians everyone other one after dungy has been soft player coaches etc…

Because coaches like that don’t work very well in the pros.  These are multimillionaire men in a lot of cases.  If you scream and yell at them they just don’t listen to you because they don’t respect you.  Even Arians who could be very blunt rarely screamed and yelled at players because that will lose the locker room faster than anything.  The last coach the Colts had that came anywhere close to that was Mora and guess what by the time he was fired he was seen as a joke who the players didn’t listen to anymore.  

5 minutes ago, jbaron04 said:

Msybe we do, and maybe we don’t.   The point is Harbs is not someone you hire with the plan he’ll be there for 8-10 years. 

He’s the guy you hire if you think your window is roughly 3-5 years.   Because after that odds are the entire building will want him gone.   Players, coaches, scouts, support staff,  everyone. 

That was his history at San Diego, Stanford and San Francisco.  Three stops.  Michigan has been somewhat the exception to the rule.   We’ll see…

If Irsay really is bringing Harbaugh in to recruit him for a head coaching job, I want to know what Ballard thinks.  Because it seems to me that more and more, Irsay is doing Ballard's job instead of Ballard.  I'm going to dictate which quarterback is starting.  I'm going to dictate you fire this coach.  I'm going to dictate you hire that temporary coach. I'm going to recruit this coach to come to the team.  Ballard's gotta be like, I don't know why I'm here.  I'm being overruled and usurped at every turn by the owner.  Do I even make any of the decisions anymore?

10 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Jim will be in town this weekend because of the big ten championship.

Don’t shoot me just reporting news

How does he know that Irsay has interest in interviewing Harbaugh for the next HC?   Does Irsay tell people who he is interested in and they run to the media?   

They could be meeting to simply talk about football.  Where the game is, where its heading.....are college players different now than in the past.   Does Harbaugh have an opinion on what the Colts need?  General helpful and consulting stuff but nothing about leaving Michigan for a new job, 

Archived