Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

maybe a semi rebuild so who do you think are keepers

ruf

mind would be the 3 young TE's -- so let Mo Go

Paris C is a keeper along with MPJ ---I think it's time to let some of the other wr's on the active roster go and upgrade don't be afraid to put them on the PS

OL: need to draft a LT (yes even before a qb) find RG in FA--Pryor needs to be replaced-Printer and Fries can stay as backups

need to find a cb to go with Gilly and better dept at DT ---need to reup our new DE (8.5 sacks) but need another either from draft or FA

QB: MR and NF put SamE on the practice squad i don't think he will be stolen --

must fix the Oline (a young qb will do us no good until we do)

Lenord will be back and hopefully healthy --i think we could let Okereke go for cap purposes

what are some of your thoughts who we should keep ? i forgot to mention Kitty DE has good promise for the future as well--Ben B needs to be cut and i'm thinking Kenny Moore as well

QB

Blocking TE

Enough O-line help to create competition and  give you a backup plan at several spots.  The starters need to win and earn their starting spots.  

One smooth route running wideout, a technician.  Could we hit a 3rd and 4 slant for once?

Keep looking for pass rush.

Keep looking for a kicker.  

28 minutes ago, #12. said:

QB

Blocking TE

Enough O-line help to create competition and  give you a backup plan at several spots.  The starters need to win and earn their starting spots.  

One smooth route running wideout, a technician.  Could we hit a 3rd and 4 slant for once?

Keep looking for pass rush.

Keep looking for a kicker.  

maybe even a true FB

47 minutes ago, tfunky14 said:

WR, Edge rusher and QB in the draft. 

Our new LT is doing quiet well. Just need O-line depth now. 

our new LT is worth keeping an eye own and if he really seems he can do it then i would not be opposed to getting a qb but if and only if we take care of the RG situation. i would want a road grader so we can run the ball JT did well monday night but if you notice there was not a lot of run for him to get to the 2nd level without being hit

I wish we could draft in the 2nd round that big T from Ohio State i think he is 6'7 349 and play him at RG

I think Raiman is going to solidify the LT spot by the end of the year.   For me a real full back would be ideal.  Fix RG in FA.  I would trade for Jordan Love.  Get him while we still can.  He’s in the same position Rodgers was in behind Favre.  Rodgers hardly played as well.  He’s paid his dues and is ready to take over a team imo.

1 hour ago, indyagent17 said:

Ballard cannot afford to miss on these key players 

But he does.  Every year.  DL is always considered a weakness.  Ballard uses significant draft capital on it every draft.  And here we are, again, needing to address it in the draft.

2 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I think Raiman is going to solidify the LT spot by the end of the year.   For me a real full back would be ideal.  Fix RG in FA.  I would trade for Jordan Love.  Get him while we still can.  He’s in the same position Rodgers was in behind Favre.  Rodgers hardly played as well.  He’s paid his dues and is ready to take over a team imo.

Or draft max duggan

29 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Or draft max duggan

Max Duggan?   Bleacher report just published their top 100 pro prospects.  He’s not on the list but 7 quarterbacks are.  He wasn’t on their  “just missed list” for quarterbacks either.  I don’t understand really.  Maybe he will get some love on other lists but I would take Jordan Love over him.  Pretty easily actually.

Ballard better be talking to Chicago right now.  Give them whatever they ask for, get that second pick.  If not the top 4 QBs, maybe 5 are gone by our pick.  Give them our 1,2 and next years 1 and 2.

Keep Parris and MPJ, let Mo walk, get another G or OT with our next pick.  Re-sign Ngakoue.  Try to get out of the Leonard contract IF….  

Be prepared to suffer while the rookie learns under Ryan.  

3 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I think the packers will go with Jordan Love next year if they can trade Rogers. they will be getting rid of him as soon as that contract is over and should hang onto Love

2 hours ago, MacDee1975 said:

But he does.  Every year.  DL is always considered a weakness.  Ballard uses significant draft capital on it every draft.  And here we are, again, needing to address it in the draft.

I do think it’s hard to find good edge rushers. But that’s why you need to supplement in FA at that position.

1 minute ago, Smonroe said:

Ballard better be talking to Chicago right now.  Give them whatever they ask for, get that second pick.  If not the top 4 QBs, maybe 5 are gone by our pick.  Give them our 1,2 and next years 1 and 2.

Keep Parris and MPJ, let Mo walk, get another G or OT with our next pick.  Re-sign Ngakoue.  Try to get out of the Leonard contract IF….  

too much to give away for a qb that could be a bust

3 minutes ago, ruf said:

too much to give away for a qb that could be a bust

So never take a QB?  Every QB is a risk in the draft.

6 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

We might have some defensive players they could be interested in

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

So never take a QB?  Every QB is a risk in the draft.

never said never take a qb but not to trade away the future especially with a bad Oline. fix the Oline and we may not even need a top ranked qb. i would take one that is mobile and we can find that in the first 15 picks this year

4 minutes ago, ruf said:

never said never take a qb but not to trade away the future especially with a bad Oline. fix the Oline and we may not even need a top ranked qb. i would take one that is mobile and we can find that in the first 15 picks this year

Almost every team has to trade draft picks to move up. You don’t want to take a third round QB at 15. Hooker injury and age might drop him to the second so that could be a option in the second.

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

For some reason I think Rodgers has a clause like Brady had and he can choose to be A FA.

If he does and he chooses to be a FA he gives up a huge guaranteed contract.  I don’t see him doing that at all.  He will never see that kind of money again.  Packers are stuck for one more year.  Too cost prohibitive to cut.  Jimmy G will be a FA.  But he could be pretty expensive depending on how his season turns out.  I would be trying to trade for Love and let the Packers draft a quarterback with their 1st pick to play behind Rodgers.  Use our compensation to strengthen their roster. Maybe we include a player in the trade.

28 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

If he does and he chooses to be a FA he gives up a huge guaranteed contract.  I don’t see him doing that at all.  He will never see that kind of money again.  Packers are stuck for one more year.  Too cost prohibitive to cut.  Jimmy G will be a FA.  But he could be pretty expensive depending on how his season turns out.  I would be trying to trade for Love and let the Packers draft a quarterback with their 1st pick to play behind Rodgers.  Use our compensation to strengthen their roster. Maybe we include a player in the trade.

If they bring back Rodgers that means they would have love in his final year. I guess they have the fifth year. Having to extend him without seeing him play much. There might even be a couple young QB like Love and Lance available this off season. 

sidnt even think about how packers could just draft another this year and trade live so they have that new contract since love will need paid soon.

47 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Chicago is not letting go of that pick if it means Wil Anderson.  

We'd have to give them 3 ones.  

1 minute ago, Rhodelesstraveled said:

Chicago is not letting go of that pick if it means Wil Anderson.  

We'd have to give them 3 ones.  

They need A lot on defense. Smart thing trade down and get some extra picks. Going down a few spots will still get them a good player. Plus colts have some guys Eberflus might be interested in.

2 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Why after this weekend and the bye week we should be around pick 6 probably won’t win another game?

4 hours ago, Smonroe said:

The bears might be talking to colts about our draft pick.

Seriously, I think there's a decent chance colts will pick before the bears.

4 hours ago, Smonroe said:

I agree. If you identify a guy you like and think he’ll work for your team give up whatever it takes to go get him. All these teams that have their guy don’t give a you know what about what they gave up to get them. 

18 minutes ago, HoosierHero said:

I agree. If you identify a guy you like and think he’ll work for your team give up whatever it takes to go get him. All these teams that have their guy don’t give a you know what about what they gave up to get them. 

Exactly!  And if the guy doesn’t work out, you’ll get another chance soon enough because you’ll still be bad.  Look at the Bears with Mitch.  Or the Jags with Bortles.  Or the Bills with Manuel.  

Didn’t someone once say “It’s better to have loved a QB who lost, than to never have loved a QB at all”…or something like that…

6 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

First Get rid of Ballard and his people under him.

Keep JT,.Pittman, Woods unless they bring in a lot in return. 

While nobody but Irsay knows what his plans are I highly doubt that Ballard is going to be fired.  He is not going to be swayed by knee jerk reactions by the fan base. 

Honestly, I don't even think a semi-rebuild is necessary. We need to get the highest possible pick we can this year and trade future picks to move up to get our QB if necessary. 

It's not like this team is old and vastly overpaid in multiple positions. We're not the Saints or the Rams. We have good, young NFL at a number of positions, most of whom are paid at market rate or below.

If we get a good QB on a rookie contract for the next 4 years, there's no reason we can't compete. The roster and salary situations do not necessitate a rebuild of any kind. Go take a swing on our next franchise QB and continue to build the roster around him.

Archived