Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

No more Statues

Mr.Debonair

Just now, chad72 said:

You are assuming Foles will be our backup QB next year. What if both Foles and Sam are gone and we get Jacoby back as a backup?

I am assuming Foles is our backup.  He is under contract.  I don’t see why they would dump him.  I would bet Jacoby would cost more.  I would play Foles the rest of the way.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I am assuming Foles is our backup.  He is under contract.  I don’t see why they would dump him.  I would bet Jacoby would cost more.  I would play Foles the rest of the way.

Jacoby signed for less than $6 mil. with the Browns. He would probably cost $7 mil. next year, so you are right.

However, you get what you pay for. If Foles stinks it up the last 4 games, what do you do? You still don't have an answer on Sam E, unless you think 2 games is plenty of sample space vs Belichick being 1 of those games.

If Foles is definitely going to be here next year, then Sam E is the odd man out, see what you have in him. That is what I would do. I don't even 100% believe in Sam E. 

4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Jacoby signed for less than $6 mil. with the Browns. He would probably cost $7 mil. next year, so you are right.

However, you get what you pay for. If Foles stinks it up the last 4 games, what do you do? You still don't have an answer on Sam E, unless you think 2 games is plenty of sample space vs Belichick being 1 of those games.

If Foles is definitely going to be here next year, then Sam E is the odd man out, see what you have in him. That is what I would do. I don't even 100% believe in Sam E. 

I would play Foles now and see what we have.  If he fails terribly then sign another vet.  Sam is the odd man out I think.  I am not interested in watching him play.  Wasted snaps.  I would rather watch Foles.

Archived