Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

honest questions

ruf

who should we keep on the Oline for next season?? 

why does the other wr's get more separation than ours? is it play design?

why is our pass rush so much slower to get home and disrupt the qb as whoever we're playing?

I just don't get it . it's the same problem every year it seems

13 minutes ago, ruf said:

who should we keep on the Oline for next season?? 

why does the other wr's get more separation than ours? is it play design?

why is our pass rush so much slower to get home and disrupt the qb as whoever we're playing?

I just don't get it . it's the same problem every year it seems

1.  Nelson and Smith are staying if for no other reason than their contracts.  Kelly probably depends on who the GM is next year.  Raimann, Pinter, and Fries are on a rookie deals so they will all be back.  Now will they be starting is a different question.  

2.  It’s a two part answer.  The first is the Colts corners don’t take chance and stay back because they are scared of getting beat deep.  The other is route running.  That’s a huge part of getting open in the NFL.  Aikman highlighted it a few times tonight where the Colts WRs don’t run good routes.  

3.  Million dollar question.  They just don’t have great pass rushers.  Finding a great pass rusher is like finding a QB on offense.  It’s hard to do but you can’t win without it.  

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

1.  Nelson and Smith are staying if for no other reason than their contracts.  Kelly probably depends on who the GM is next year.  Raimann, Pinter, and Fries are on a rookie deals so they will all be back.  Now will they be starting is a different question.  

2.  It’s a two part answer.  The first is the Colts corners don’t take chance and stay back because they are scared of getting beat deep.  The other is route running.  That’s a huge part of getting open in the NFL.  Aikman highlighted it a few times tonight where the Colts WRs don’t run good routes.  

3.  Million dollar question.  They just don’t have great pass rushers.  Finding a great pass rusher is like finding a QB on offense.  It’s hard to do but you can’t win without it.  

thanks

I think Kitty will be ok when he gets back and the one with the two sacks tonight (can't spell his name) seems to show flashes but it's like we need something else. we need to take a qb or more so a LT in the draft.

I'm thinking if we get a LT in the draft we could move Reinman to RT and Smith to RG

maybe draft a qb in the 2nd round (the Tenn qb that is injuried i think would be good) and keep MR for another year with a improved Oline could make for a good season

On 11/28/2022 at 9:22 PM, GoColts8818 said:

Aikman highlighted it a few times tonight where the Colts WRs don’t run good routes.  

Yep, they were practicing catching all through camp, because it was a new QB. Get a new QB and guess how they’ll spend camp lol. Maybe the reason it feels like Deja vu is because insanity is by definition doing the same thing over and over yet expecting different results. Most of these WR hadn’t ever played in the NFL, so they had a steep learning curve. But Ballard liked our guys. Rookies take time. All players have to gel as a team. Most fans around here think it’s plug and play.

1. who should we keep on the Oline for next season??   

None.  I do everything I could to get the OSU LT and I'd use Q as my trade bait to do it.  

2. why does the other wr's get more separation than ours? is it play design?  No, our guys have in line speed but they have no shiftiness to them.  It is a function of the scouts biases.  

3. why is our pass rush so much slower to get home and disrupt the qb as whoever we're playing?

They aren't as good as we think.  Paye wasn't great in college and not much has changed.  Yannick has the speed rush move but he is a one trick pony and has not created an arsenal of moves.  He also does not have great speed to power move which is what Buckner and Autry have.     

Archived