Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 12 NFL General Game Discussion Thread, Nov. 27, 1022

NFLfan

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Peyton 2006 vs Peyton 2015 would favor us. We also had Adam as a kicker in 2006 that would decide most games between greatest teams. I think we beat Seattle, Denver's defense wasn't great when Seattle beat them. Von Miller was injured and they had nobody like Marvin or Reggie. Freeney, Mathis, and Bob were healthy in the 2006 playoff run. Patriots would scare me a bit but if it depends where the game is played at? If it is in the Dome, we got it. 10-0 in 2006. 

Yeah the Pats scare me just because of Gronk    against smaller linebackers and DBs

10 minutes ago, runthepost said:

Yeah the Pats scare me just because of Gronk    against smaller linebackers and DBs

My all-time Final 4 would be:

NFC = 1989 49ers vs the 1992 Cowboys - those 2 teams were way ahead of their time and if you look their lines (size and power) and how their team speed was, it equals today's play. Montana vs Troy. Rice, Craig for the 49ers. Irvin and Emmitt for the Cowboys.

AFC = 2014 Pats vs the 2006 Colts - Tom vs Peyton, this would be me watching all day = homer simpson diet GIF

Oh Lord.. Tua and the phins trashed the Texans so bad, they cost me my fantasy game lol.

Tua

Waddle

Wilson

I agree @2006Coltsbestever, when the 49ers got CMAC I thought they'd take the NFC. I've been off the philly train for about a month now. and Nick really ticked me off all last week as well. I hope they go nowhere. 49ers and Cowboys are better teams. 

2 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Oh Lord.. Tua and the phins trashed the Texans so bad, they cost me my fantasy game lol.

Tua

Waddle

Wilson

I agree @2006Coltsbestever, when the 49ers got CMAC I thought they'd take the NFC. I've been off the philly train for about a month now. and Nick really ticked me off all last week as well. I hope they go nowhere. 49ers and Cowboys are better teams. 

49ers have the right formula. Great defense, great coaching, good run game, but most importantly they have a qb that is probably the best game manager I have ever seen. He just finds ways to win, even wins in the playoffs a lot.

I don't know if this was discussed on here, but, I watched the end of the raven game yesterday and I'm still wondering how that was a touchdown that the jags "scored" with 14 seconds left???????? The receiver CLEARLY only had one foot down and then his knee LANDED OUT OF BOUNDS, the second foot never did touch the ground before he landed out of bounds. What the announcers and rules "expert" were saying on tv made no sense at all. The receiver clearly only had ONE foot down before going out of bounds. Could someone clear this up for me?

6 minutes ago, Two_pound said:

I don't know if this was discussed on here, but, I watched the end of the raven game yesterday and I'm still wondering how that was a touchdown that the jags "scored" with 14 seconds left???????? The receiver CLEARLY only had one foot down and then his knee LANDED OUT OF BOUNDS, the second foot never did touch the ground before he landed out of bounds. What the announcers and rules "expert" were saying on tv made no sense at all. The receiver clearly only had ONE foot down before going out of bounds. Could someone clear this up for me?

His shin was in bounds. 

Boy, I think I've seen thousands of similar plays over the past 40-50 years where a receiver was going down along the sidelines and his second foot never touched inbounds before another part of his body hit out of bounds and the call was incomplete pass EVERYTIME. Oh well, that's life in the nfl. Thanks for the explanation.

18 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I like Jacoby. Jacoby is a great person, great teammate, great backup and he held the fort down for Watson.

Agree.  I met him when he played for us.  Genuine all around nice guy.  He's done well in Cleveland and I was so happy for him and that overtime win against Tampa yesterday.

5 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

With Rogers banged up and Love looking good and packers out of playoff hunt, Love may be the QB for rest of season. I wouldn't be surprised if Rogers never throws another pass for Green Bay.

His next pass could be for the Colts??? :thinking:

Rogers will be 39 years old in December.  

No thanks.  

13 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

With Rogers banged up and Love looking good and packers out of playoff hunt, Love may be the QB for rest of season. I wouldn't be surprised if Rogers never throws another pass for Green Bay.

His next pass could be for the Colts??? :thinking:

If there is a team that is just a QB upgrade from being a SB contender, that is the Titans, IMO. Rodgers has a house in Nashville too. Not that far fetched or illogical, IMO, for them giving up a 1st rounder and swapping QBs with the Packers.

7 hours ago, chad72 said:

If there is a team that is just a QB upgrade from being a SB contender, that is the Titans, IMO. Rodgers has a house in Nashville too. Not that far fetched or illogical, IMO, for them giving up a 1st rounder and swapping QBs with thes

Tennessee would be a nice destination for Rogers.

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Anyone watching Bills and Pats. Josh Allen is amazing.

Hines is doing nothing in Buffalo and isn’t even getting any opportunities.

I picked Buffalo to win the SB. I guess Von Miller is injured, just heal up my man. I would take 3 teams and give everyone the field. Give me the Bills, Chiefs, and 49ers and I give the field for 1000 dollars The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)

13 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I noticed that the Bills are using Hines much more this game. 

Couple targets (only one reception, but nice catch/gain for 21), and only a couple runs (not good, -3 yards). 

Still slow roll IMO. Maybe more touches after going up 3 scores. 

Just now, EastStreet said:

Couple targets (only one reception, but nice catch/gain for 21), and only a couple runs (not good, -3 yards). 

Still slow roll IMO. Maybe more touches after going up 3 scores. 

I think he was used to return the kick offs if I heard correctly?

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Have to give him weapons besides TE. Everyone said same thing about TUA and look what happens giving him a WR. These teams that don’t support their young QB deserve what they get.

You could be right. I don't care enough about the Pats to know. :)

29 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I noticed that the Bills are using Hines much more this game. 

Just to add.... 

I'd guess the Bills will look Hines at more of a slot WR type, and perhaps replace McKenzie. 

McKenzie is under contract in 23, but he's an easy cut/release. Only 300k dead cap IIRC. 

And McKenzie was their KR and Crowder was their PR. Hines replaced both now.... 

So really Hines is moving fast (kinda) taking both KR and PR... And likely auditioning slot/APB for next year. 

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Just to add.... 

I'd guess the Bills will look Hines at more of a slot WR type, and perhaps replace McKenzie. 

McKenzie is under contract in 23, but he's an easy cut/release. Only 300k dead cap IIRC. 

So really Hines is moving fast (kinda) taking both KR and PR... And likely auditioning slot/APB for next year. 

Hines can be an effective player if used to his strengths. Unfortunately the Colts overpaid and didn't utilize him to his strengths his last couple of years here.  

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Belichick without Brady is just an average coach. My point is being made again. I said this 2 years ago and now it is even proven more. You need a franchise QB to win, Einstein would not win without a great QB. new england patriots nfl GIF- Tom is the one that stirred that pot of Chile with hot sauce. 

I do agree that Brady played a huge part in the Pats success. One thing often overlooked is the contracts that Brady agreed to played a huge role also. It's like BB always had a rookie QB contract to work with. 

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Have to give him weapons besides TE. Everyone said same thing about TUA and look what happens giving him a WR. These teams that don’t support their young QB deserve what they get.

Patriots got

WRs 

Jakobi Meyers

Devante Parker

Nelson Agholor 

Kendrick Bourne 

2nd round rookie Tyquan Thornton 

RBs 

Rhamondre Stevenson

Damien Harris

TEs 

Hunter Henry

Jonnu Smith

Short of having an elite WR, they have enough talent in the roster in the passing game. Mac Jones has been average, he could get better but they've also given two full seasons for him. Playing badly against an average Bears defense got him benched and that has set them back in the playoffs race. Their defense has been awesome all season. 

I think it's fair to say that he's got enough support and chances. Maybe, he'd do better with an elite receiver? That could be said for the likes of Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields, Davis Mills but they've got to show what they got consistently.

Mac Jones has been in a better situation than most young QBs could imagine being in their rookie contract. 

2 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Just to add.... 

They like McKenzie as receiver and he's developed chemistry with Allen. It will be interesting to see how they shuffle around their roster going forward, Hines is not a guarantee to get back in the roster too. 

Colts are carrying 3 million dead cap hit for Hines this year and next year(!) each too, per OTC. That was not a good contract signing. 

Archived