Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

After 2 games was coaching and Oline scheme yhr problem?

Moosejawcolt

On 11/26/2022 at 5:54 PM, jvan1973 said:

I can't wait until we beat the Steelers and you disappear again.  You're broken record nonsense gets old

Ummmm. Apparently u didn't read my last post jn repsnse to u saying  disappeared after their Raider win. I never disappeared after the  last game and u know that so u r lying. I got  suspended because I said some comments bout Irsay and I told u that. So now u have lost all credibility with me because u r spreading crap.

On 11/26/2022 at 5:54 PM, cdgacoltsfan said:

Left tackle and QB were and still are the main problem. 

He must have heard Ballard was at his last game and decided to stay in school lol.

On 11/26/2022 at 5:54 PM, jvan1973 said:

I can't wait until we beat the Steelers and you disappear again.  You're broken record nonsense gets old

Oh and by the way I am still here. It really sucks being so right about this org under Ballard. I took a lot of heat from guys like over the years but now I feel totally vindicated. U and orher said i knew nothing about fotball and said i espoused garbage all the time.  I wasn't negative and wrong about Ballard and his drafting and building of this team. I was ..... right all this time. 

It really is mind boggling how much Ballard preaches about "the trenches" yet invested extremely low effort in this O-Line this off season. Letting Glow and Reed go, and settling for a journeyman O-lineman that can't play tackle or guard? 

Letting a rookie play at LT giving them a trial by fire? 

Kelly gets outplayed by Pinter every time he steps in, yet continues to start. 

Moving Smith to RG was a terrible mistake. 

All of of this after watching the Luck disaster unfold..... it's maddening. 

On 11/26/2022 at 11:59 AM, Moosejawcolt said:

I think after 2 games we r seeing what the issue with this team is. It totally falls on the Oline. It is the most expensive Oline in football and 20% of our cap is in that line. No offence can be successful if it invests 20% of your cap in an area that is graded as poor. People said it was scheme and Strausser. I have said all along, except for a moment of weakness, that Frank was not the issue and neither was thr scheme.  It was an over rated Oline and the lack of talent is the issue. Not power vs zone scheme.  Baldinger's videos show this Oline getting whipped at the point of attack. Saturday's, Ryan's and Park' recent comments, as veiled as they try to be, point to the Oline and lack of protection for the teams inability to push the ball deep. In Ballard we trust lol.

You might want to be careful and not criticize the oline or anything negative. Nadine will put a hold on your account 

Hey I posted who wins the clueless owner award and it goes to Irsay. And she suspended my account. Been a colt fan for 58 years and the hiring of Saturday who I love. You just don't disk the other coaches on the staff it is going to come back and haunt the Colts for years to come. 

On 11/26/2022 at 3:46 PM, Moosejawcolt said:

Like I said ro all the Frank haters. Who would have done better given the talent on offence he has been given the last 5 years?

Frank hater here. It didn’t matter at that point when Frank was fired, because he’d lost the locker room. When it becomes clear to the team that your job is more important than theirs and that’s all it’s about, they don’t wanna play for you no matter how much they want a career in the NFL. We certainly saw that with the guys who got paid already. So, anyone would be better at that point, and I’m happy with Saturday. At least he’s a former player for the team and knows the building. Some of these guys are disheartened and some just have bad attitudes. Irsay trusts him to figure out who. I think it was a smart move, even if I don’t think he’s a good coach. I think anyone was better than Frank and think the team should consider a complete rebuild. I don’t trust Ballard obviously.

On 11/29/2022 at 10:10 AM, lollygagger8 said:

It really is mind boggling how much Ballard preaches about "the trenches" yet invested extremely low effort in this O-Line this off season. Letting Glow and Reed go, and settling for a journeyman O-lineman that can't play tackle or guard? 

Letting a rookie play at LT giving them a trial by fire? 

Kelly gets outplayed by Pinter every time he steps in, yet continues to start. 

Moving Smith to RG was a terrible mistake. 

All of of this after watching the Luck disaster unfold..... it's maddening. 

glow is opening holes for barkley, taylor needs him

When the QB is too slow, has no mobility or much pocket awareness, added to a struggling line, this is what you will see. It’s a recipe for bad. 

draft a QB, fix the line, and this team can contend NEXT year. Just my 2 cents. 

Draft a QB round one. A LT round 2, an OG round 3, and do something in FA for the secondary and this team might make some noise. I’m not that worried about WR. They’re open if the QB can buy time and throw it further than 15 yards. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/12/05/dolphins-to-sign-eric-fisher-put-austin-jackson-on-ir/

Dolphins to sign Eric Fisher

Veteran tackle Eric Fisher has found a new home in the NFL.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that the Dolphins are signing Fisher. The move comes a day after the Dolphins lost to the 49ers while playing without both of their starting tackles...

Archived