Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Thanksgiving Game #2: Giants @ Cowboys

NFLfan

When the lights shine the brightest, Dak doesn’t. What does it take for WRs and QBs to be on the same page when Dak was expecting Gallup to come back on that comeback route before that INT?

Man I miss the easy close your eyes and throw it to Marvin and Reggie on comebacks that Peyton gave Sometimes I wonder if these QBs spend as much time with their WRs leading to such mistakes?

• Like 1

Just now, chad72 said:

When the lights shine the brightest, Dak doesn’t. What does it take for WRs and QBs to be on the same page when Dak was expecting Gallup to come back on that comeback route? Man I miss the easy close your eyes and throw it to Marvin and Reggie that Peyton gave us. Sometimes I wonder if these QBs spend as much time with their WRs leading to such mistakes?

I know they are not working on timing patterns like Manning and his receivers did. 

• Like 1

Just now, richard pallo said:

I think the Giants could be our competition for Jimmy G if we go the veteran path.

I was real happy when we got Matt Ryan but I was one of the few that wanted Jimmy G and people mocked me for saying that. 49ers may very well win the SB. How anyone could think Trey Lance could be better than Jimmy G is a joke. My man Jimmy Wins.

5 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I think the Giants could be our competition for Jimmy G if we go the veteran path.

I doubt it because Daniel Jones’ legs are a staple part of the Giants offense and they lose that with Jimmy G who is more injury prone, should he be asked to run more. Franchise tag for Daniel Jones at best.

They’d have to change their offense by getting more pass catchers in FA and run more of a pocket passer offense for Jimmy G. Not that it can’t be done but there might be learning bumps to have too many variables.

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

I doubt it because Daniel Jones’ legs are a staple part of the Giants offense and they lose that with Jimmy G who is more injury prone, should he be asked to run more. Franchise tag for Daniel Jones at best

Personally I think Jones is a very good QB. He needs a better offensive line like a lot of QBs in the league.