Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Did Saturday or the defense to allow the Eagles score?

indyagent17

23 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Ryan just had no shot on the last drive. The LT got bullies once again...

Yep, In a time where the O line could have simply said let’s win this line battle and move this team out down the field and win this game. However being beat down physically and mentally just didn’t allow 

I don't know why this is a serious discussion.  The idea of letting the other team score is when the game is an offensive shootout.  The other team can't stop your team, so you let them score to get your offense the ball....because the game has demonstrated that you can score fairly easily.  The chances that you will score is far greater than your defense's chance it will stop the opponent.

Our offense was not scoring other than the first drive, when we surprised Philly with a lot of under-center formations.  It was a struggle.

Philly was struggling too.  Its was third and 7, meaning they got 3 yards on teo plays.

No, if Jeff let them score, he doesn't understand football well enough to be HC.  He did not let them score.

There was no reason not to have a spy in the middle of the field on that play. Someone blew it. I don't think for a second we let them score our defense was denying them tough yards all day. It was 3rd and 7, 2 more stops and we would have won. There should of been a spy right in the middle of the field and probably should of been Speed. You take away the middle first in that situation, not give it to them.

6 hours ago, jszfunk said:

Could not have said it better.

This might be an ignorant question for you all. I am not much of a X and O's guy. But given the fact that Hurts is known to be a runner, could have the Colts came up with a defensive scheme to have someone mirror him a little more to stop or slow him down, especially  on that last series and play? Like I said, not an X and O guy but I saw that one coming before it happened. The whole last series it was like an option, he was gonna hand off or keep it half of the time.  The whole middle of the field parted and my grandma and or Dan Marino could have ran through there.  YOU HAD TO HAVE KNOWN IT WAS COMING AS A PLAYER AND OR COACH. Not blaming the loss on that one play, but they had last efforts to salvage that game into a win.  Made me want to puke watching him run that in that easy. What a gift.

Granted I thought the D played great the whole time,  its tough playing against that team, they are legit good. Not slagging them at all. Not getting any help from the inept offense . 

It's part of what makes the Eagles really good this year.  If you sell out to stop the run - even a Hurts run - he will burn you with his passing skills.  If you sell out to stop the pass, well, he will run on you.

So you take a linebacker or safety or something to be a spy - to specifically watch Hurts - then he isn't doing what he would normally be doing.

It's kind of a pick your poison situation.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

I know one thing I’d have the entire team holding and carrying balls this fumble crap is atrocious every damn game

4 hours ago, gspdx said:

It's part of what makes the Eagles really good this year.  If you sell out to stop the run - even a Hurts run - he will burn you with his passing skills.  If you sell out to stop the pass, well, he will run on you.

So you take a linebacker or safety or something to be a spy - to specifically watch Hurts - then he isn't doing what he would normally be doing.

It's kind of a pick your poison situation.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

And it’s gonna work for them being that they have great players all around on the O

Archived