Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This Week In Buffalo 6 Feet Of Snow??

King Colt

• King Colt changed the title to This Week In Buffalo 6 Feet Of Snow??
10 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

They might be moving the game to Detroit. Which means bills will play back to back games in Detroit. I can’t believe they don’t want to build a indoor stadium in Buffalo.

Nah...they'll just pull out the snowplow if they need 3, just like the Pats did.  Who needs a a dome??

haha

12 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

They might be moving the game to Detroit. Which means bills will play back to back games in Detroit. I can’t believe they don’t want to build a indoor stadium in Buffalo.

Given the style of team constructed, makes too much sense.

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Bills will probably just stay in Detroit all week as they play Detroit on thanksgiving.

Wonder how tickets for this are distributed. Can fans now buy tickets in Detroit. If I was a fan I would and get the heck out of Buffalo lol.

Nope. Heading back to Buffalo after game.

3 minutes ago, Arodgers12 said:

You guys in Indiana see lots of snow ever?

We have very weird winters.  We usually don’t ever see snow over eleven or 12 inches. That is even rare. Sometimes we can have winters with no snow.  It’s very unpredictable as far as snow and super cold.

2 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Nope. Heading back to Buffalo after game.

That would be weird. Will they even be able to get back there?

11 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

We have very weird winters.  We usually don’t ever see snow over eleven or 12 inches. That is even rare. Sometimes we can have winters with no snow.  It’s very unpredictable as far as snow and super cold.

That would be weird. Will they even be able to get back there?

They should have Buffalo airport cleared by Sunday night or Monday morning. If not, they could fly into Rochester or Toronto....both are near by 

14 hours ago, Arodgers12 said:

You guys in Indiana see lots of snow ever?

Usually it is just real cold from late November through March. When we get a big snow, it usually is in February sometime and usually at most a foot but it is like 1 a year. We get some snows from December-March but those other one's are always like 4-6 inches at most which isn't anything to me. February seems to be our worst month. Once April gets here, we are good. It is still cold in April at times but also warm at times. April is up and down weather wise but usually very little snow.

47 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

What's next for NFL players, wearing skirts??

:funny:

It’s more about they are just trying to keep the emergency services running in that city without having to use resources that would be needed to get people to the stadium and make it playable.  

26 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

There is a public danger element with that much snow. There might not be a game since bills can’t get out of Buffalo.

Yeah I heard parts of Buffalo already has 60 inches of snow and is expecting up to 30 more by Monday.

3 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

What's next for NFL players, wearing skirts??

:funny:

6 feet of snow.   No one is moving.   People in that region will die because of it.   No ambulances,  no law enforcement.   Hospitals staff will be stuck.  

Pretty funny stuff I guess

46 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

6 feet of snow.   No one is moving.   People in that region will die because of it.   No ambulances,  no law enforcement.   Hospitals staff will be stuck.  

Pretty funny stuff I guess

I have been in weather such as that and believe me it’s very scary. There is nothing that is humorous about it.  I spent 3 days stuck in an 18 wheeler in over 20 ft. Drifts coming over  Donners Pass.  Had it not been for me having emergency rations I would have had to been rescued. 

29 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I have been in weather such as that and believe me it’s very scary. There is nothing that is humorous about it.  I spent 3 days stuck in an 18 wheeler in over 20 ft. Drifts coming over  Donners Pass.  Had it not been for me having emergency rations I would have had to been rescued. 

I've been there as well.   Not as bad as you though.   I'm glad you made it out

8 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Bills might of waited to  long to fly out lol.

Sean McDermott, you thought the weather would bow to your athletes or what? Use some common sense.

Bills should be docked a loss for this kind of planning if they can’t make the game. They knew about it yesterday evening.

29 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Sean McDermott, you thought the weather would bow to your athletes or what? Use some common sense.

Bills should be docked a loss for this kind of planning if they can’t make the game. They knew about it yesterday evening.

You think McDermott makes the travel arrangements?

Looks like the forecast says the storm may clear by Saturday afternoon, and GM says if they didn't have Thanksgiving game, they could've postponed the game to Monday and still could've played at home stadium. 

Teams usually like to travel just 24 hours within the game start, and though this is scary situation, it will all work out and they arrive at Detroit by early hours of Sunday or Saturday night. Most teams seem to travel that close all the time, and weather Forecast seems to suggest that travelling later on Saturday or Sunday early might be OK. Of course, if the weather gets worse by Saturday afternoon and didn't get better, they run the risk of getting delayed or missing out schedule, but GM seems to be comfortable with the forecast and their plan.

As long as they don't force an airplane charter to fly into inclement, snowstorm weather and get into an emergency situation mid flight, that's good because safety of lives is important than a game. They could've left early for Detroit but GM says players would want to make sure everything is right with the family at home during the snowstorm, and if they travel by Saturday or Sunday, players and staff would be at peace in mind about the safety of their family and home. 

Players may want to come home after the game even though they've a game in same stadium in just 4 days, because players and staff would like to spend time with the family during thanksgiving week. It's understandable. 

3 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Looks like the forecast says the storm may clear by Saturday afternoon, and GM says if they didn't have Thanksgiving game, they could've postponed the game to Monday and still could've played at home stadium. 

Teams usually like to travel just 24 hours within the game start, and though this is scary situation, it will all work out and they arrive at Detroit by early hours of Sunday or Saturday night. Most teams seem to travel that close all the time, and weather Forecast seems to suggest that travelling later on Saturday or Sunday early might be OK. Of course, if the weather gets worse by Saturday afternoon and didn't get better, they run the risk of getting delayed or missing out schedule, but GM seems to be comfortable with the forecast and their plan.

As long as they don't force an airplane charter to fly into inclement, snowstorm weather and get into an emergency situation mid flight, that's good because safety of lives is important than a game. They could've left early for Detroit but GM says players would want to make sure everything is right with the family at home during the snowstorm, and if they travel by Saturday or Sunday, players and staff would be at peace in mind about the safety of their family and home. 

Players may want to come home after the game even though they've a game in same stadium in just 4 days, because players and staff would like to spend time with the family during thanksgiving week. It's understandable. 

We had about 2 inches of snow here Wednesday but despite temperatures below freezing it’s melting. We now have a half an inch left.

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

No, but as head coach, he could have persuaded the Bills organization from dropping the ball there and got them out of there.

I remember we got 22 inches of snow here Thanksgiving weekend 3 years ago. That was the craziest storm I have ever been in. You see lots of snow where you live Chad?

Archived