Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jeff and.... accountability....

EastStreet

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

I'm sure he is evaluating every position. None of the QBs will be starters for Indy in 2023. Personally, that is the simplest thing for me. Just need to use the "best bad" option (for the "now), that is best for other positions. 

I’m not so sure about that. I could see Foles starting at the bye and finishing the season, drafting a QB and Ryan starting while the rookie gets familiar with the new playbook.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, lilolemoi said:

I’m not so sure about that. I could see Foles starting at the bye and finishing the season, drafting a QB and Ryan starting while the rookie gets familiar with the new playbook.

None are "the future"...

Sure, one might be a backup. Sure one might start early. But none are the future, or the plan. 

If Jeff thinks Foles is the best bad choice, I'm good with that. My bet though, is Matt, given existing chemistry. 

I don't really care to be honest (who is the QB the rest of the year). I do care about eval and development. 

6 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Like I have previously stated. U lead  1st your  play than words. How can u lead a team when u have been playing like Ryan and Nelson? It falls  on deaf ears.

I hate to break it to you….  But Nelson’s grades have been going up for weeks.   And Kelly is among the most respected players in the team.   They can lead.  

Again with your agenda….

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

Kelly is the most respected?? Who caress. I want him to do his job based on his contract.  Thats how I will respect him. Do you think when his team mates watch the film of him get bull dozed and he is  making 15 million, they are oozing respect for him. Nelson is trending up? So we are now justify his 20 million a year for a guy who is trending up? The words trending up should never be used on a guard who is making 20 million a year. It should be is he 1st  team all pro and if not why?

9 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I hate to break it to you….  But Nelson’s grades have been going up for weeks.   And Kelly is among the most respected players in the team.   They can lead.  

Again with your agenda….

Kelly's no good.  Barely starter level.  Nelson is a really nice guard but nowhere near dominant. 

5 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Kelly is the most respected?? Who caress. I want him to do his job based on his contract.  Thats how I will respect him. Do you think when his team mates watch the film of him get bull dozed and he is  making 15 million, they are oozing respect for him. Nelson is trending up? So we are now justify his 20 million a year for a guy who is trending up? The words trending up should never be used on a guard who is making 20 million a year. It should be is he 1st  team all pro and if not why?

The if not why part will hopefully be figured out this off-season.   

But I think it should be pretty clear that it’s hard for the Oline to work as design when the LT and the RG can’t play at a very high level.    I think it has impacted Nelson, Kelly and Smith.  

As to my post, I was addressing YOUR point that they can’t lead because they’re not playing well enough.   I think it’s a bogus claim made by people who have no idea what they’re talking about.   Sorry. 

12 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Ryan Kelly doesn't make $15m.

Quenton Nelson is always first team All Pro, and you have been deriding him regardless. I guess you feel vindicated because he's finally not having an All Pro season, but that's pretty disingenuous on your part. 

4 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Hahahaa! Another batch of misguided ideas and facts.

So if Kelly actually gets paid less than $10M, and Q is making $10.2M, and both have been playing through injuries, a reasonably intelligent FAN wouldn't feel the need to post negative drivel, if they had a CLUE.

Reading your wacky POV is best done while taking a poo.  :funny: 

Hopefully Smith is back next game. Raimann is definitely coming on, and Fries is a little better. 

Those that are watching Q can see he is making More good blocks than he was able to do early in the season. He seems to be quicker and stronger.

Oh my, more like all-pro Q. Ascending!! How novel to play at less than 100%.

Hahahaha!

Kelly is playing a little better, and if you watch him his effort is at a high level even if he isn't 100%. His teammates have a good idea about his training table and weight lifting work. I have no doubt he is giving 100% and is earning the respect of his teammates. Safe to say you have HAD NO THOUGHTS to this truth. 

18 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Hahahaa! Another batch of misguided ideas and facts.

So if Kelly actually gets paid less than $10M, and Q is making $10.2M, and both have been playing through injuries, a reasonably intelligent FAN wouldn't feel the need to post negative drivel, if they had a CLUE.

Reading your wacky POV is best done while taking a poo.  :funny: 

Hopefully Smith is back next game. Raimann is definitely coming on, and Fries is a little better. 

Those that are watching Q can see he is making More good blocks than he was able to do early in the season. He seems to be quicker and stronger.

Oh my, more like all-pro Q. Ascending!! How novel to play at less than 100%.

Hahahaha!

Kelly is playing a little better, and if you watch him his effort is at a high level even if he isn't 100%. His teammates have a good idea about his training table and weight lifting work. I have no doubt he is giving 100% and is earning the respect of his teammates. Safe to say you have HAD NO THOUGHTS to this truth. 

Highet paid and rated the worst in football.

On 12/5/2022 at 7:32 PM, EastStreet said:

None are "the future"...

Sure, one might be a backup. Sure one might start early. But none are the future, or the plan. 

If Jeff thinks Foles is the best bad choice, I'm good with that. My bet though, is Matt, given existing chemistry. 

I don't really care to be honest (who is the QB the rest of the year). I do care about eval and development. 

Ryan was meant to be a bridge and Foles has always been a backup, so no one was suggesting they were the future. I’m all in favor of eval and development, but I think a lot of pressure was put on the rookies to carry a team while they were learning the job. That should have never been Ryan’s responsibility, but I understand they have chemistry with him even if we still see wideouts running the wrong routes and fouls and other beginner mistakes. Maybe that’s why there’s such a furious outcry for Ryan’s head. They don’t want other players held responsible. Just saying I haven’t seen that from Saturday yet, but maybe that will change next week or end of season. Don’t really care much myself at this point, either.

21 hours ago, Superman said:

Ryan Kelly doesn't make $15m.

Quenton Nelson is always first team All Pro, and you have been deriding him regardless. I guess you feel vindicated because he's finally not having an All Pro season, but that's pretty disingenuous on your part. 

He had far from an All-Pro season last year.  Was he voted all pro last year?  If so, there are obviously flaws in the voting system and Q was put on it for past performance.   There is no way Q was playing at all pro level last year. 

10 hours ago, lilolemoi said:

Ryan was meant to be a bridge and Foles has always been a backup, so no one was suggesting they were the future. I’m all in favor of eval and development, but I think a lot of pressure was put on the rookies to carry a team while they were learning the job. That should have never been Ryan’s responsibility, but I understand they have chemistry with him even if we still see wideouts running the wrong routes and fouls and other beginner mistakes. Maybe that’s why there’s such a furious outcry for Ryan’s head. They don’t want other players held responsible. Just saying I haven’t seen that from Saturday yet, but maybe that will change next week or end of season. Don’t really care much myself at this point, either.

IDK. The only rook that is "counted on" for a meaningful starter minutes is Raimann. And the initial plan was to slow roll him. Things on the OL was a mess, and got sped up. Had Pinter done better, I think things would be different (not great, but better). The early lack of help and tempo, made things worse. And the early shuffle didn't help either, and amplified the mess. Overall,, the management of the OL was pretty messy. Now, far from perfect, but at least things have been stabilized. 

I expected Pierce to get about 50% snaps, and he's getting a bit more, but not much. He's got more due to Dulin's injury. But still 60ish. I expected Woods/Ogletree to get 30ish %, and Woods is under 30%, and Ogletree is injured. 

Archived