Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 10 NFL Gen Game Thread

w87r

9 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Bills v Vikings game could be a Super Bowl preview. Game of the week, possibly year. 

I watched only big plays at the end of the game when it got interesting. But, even within that time.. 

1 yard line fumble and recovery was unbelievable, I had to check many times to believe Vikings actually took the lead. 

Then, Jefferson catch and the way he and dB fought for that ball mid air through to the ground. 

The usual missed PAT by a Vikings kicker in 4th quarter. 

Vikings settling for FG after getting first down at 2-yard line in OT, playing offense first.. 

Final interception when I thought the game was over favoring the Bills. 

I loved the fumble recovery at 1 yard line, that was perfect timing for a defensive TD. 

I think Josh Allen is still recovering from the injury, and he played through it. Could see him misfiring throws that'd usually be in his arc, couple of interceptions and a lost fumble is just not him. As he was able to play through it without aggravating the injury, he should be back good for next two juicy matchups, against Browns and Lions. 

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Their coach makes awful decisions. He has cost them so many games. Chargers also have a ton of injuries. No Allen or Williams I believe.

TE Gerald Everett got hurt and out of the game early second quarter, so he had only depth receivers from then onwards. Ekeler and running game have not clicked in many games, depending on the matchups. 

With all that, I do think Herbert is very good but he's not Elite, at least not yet, he has got to prove a lot in crunch situations and winning games against the odds in times of adversity, making come back game winning drives consistently. 

I'd be very content to have him as the QB though, he'd be what we'd expect to see draft prospects play at this level in the pros. Chargers need to stay healthy for a season to see how he progresses. 

3 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

TE Gerald Everett got hurt and out of the game early second quarter, so he had only depth receivers from then onwards. Ekeler and running game have not clicked in many games, depending on the matchups. 

With all that, I do think Herbert is very good but he's not Elite, at least not yet, he has got to prove a lot in crunch situations and winning games against the odds in times of adversity, making come back game winning drives consistently. 

I'd be very content to have him as the QB though, he'd be what we'd expect to see draft prospects play at this level in the pros. Chargers need to stay healthy for a season to see how he progresses. 

Their coach isn’t great in crunch situations. Especially gambling on 4th in their own territory a lot. Rumors are Staley might even be fired after the season.

4 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Vikings settling for FG after getting first down at 2-yard line in OT, playing offense first.. 

In other situations, I would have wanted to go for it on 4th down, but in OT, I think that was the right call (to kick the FG on 4th down). If they had gone for it on 4th down and missed, the Bills would have settled for a FG afterwards to win the game. Instead, they tried to score a TD to win and Allen threw the INT. That was a wild game. The replay was almost 4 hours long. 

24 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

In other situations, I would have wanted to go for it on 4th down, but in OT, I think that was the right call (to kick the FG on 4th down). If they had gone for it on 4th down and missed, the Bills would have settled for a FG afterwards to win the game. Instead, they tried to score a TD to win and Allen threw the INT. That was a wild game. The replay was almost 4 hours long. 

Yes, it was the right call on 4th down. 

But, I was mentioning about getting to 1st down at 2-yard line in the OT and not get a TD, and thus having to settle down for a FG (I'd have not gone for 4th down as well, getting FG was the right move unless team has a wonderful play designed and practiced to play at that situation that they've not revealed from the play book that they could execute with such a perfection in such a high pressure time - like Philly had for NFCCG & SB in 2017). 

Anyway, I was talking about getting to 1st down at 2-yard line and having gone backwards in next downs

1st down & Goal at BUF 23-yard loss for Cook run

2nd down & GOAL at BUF 5: 10-yard sack

3rd down & Goal at BUF 15: incomplete pass. 

I mentioned it was disappointing not to get a TD and win the game right there, play calls could've been better. Something Vikings will have to practice better if they've serious aspirations about playoffs. Teams that execute better in playoffs in those situations usually go far in January. 

7 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Yes, it was the right call on 4th down. 

But, I was mentioning about getting to 1st down at 2-yard line in the OT and not get a TD, and thus having to settle down for a FG (I'd have not gone for 4th down as well, getting FG was the right move unless team has a wonderful play designed and practiced to play at that situation that they've not revealed from the play book that they could execute with such a perfection in such a high pressure time - like Philly had for NFCCG & SB in 2017). 

Anyway, I was talking about getting to 1st down at 2-yard line and having gone backwards in next downs

1st down & Goal at BUF 23-yard loss for Cook run

2nd down & GOAL at BUF 5: 10-yard sack

3rd down & Goal at BUF 15: incomplete pass. 

I mentioned it was disappointing not to get a TD and win the game right there, play calls could've been better. Something Vikings will have to practice better if they've serious aspirations about playoffs. Teams that execute better in playoffs in those situations usually go far in January. 

I understand. Thanks for clarifying that.

They are still winning in ways that I feel are unsustainable. It reminds me a bit of 2016 although we fell off after week 6 or so.

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

I understand. Thanks for clarifying that.

They are still winning in ways that I feel are unsustainable. It reminds me a bit of 2016 although we fell off after week 6 or so.

It's good there's positive regression in those moments. As FIL always use to calculate how many games we've won or lost by very fewer differences and whether turnovers and ball bounces have gone our way or not, this year seems to be a blessed year in terms of luck. It's definitely not sustainable, and it's just awesome to be in better side of events after many mediocre seasons. 

one positive is Cousins has been more positive in taking chances and throwing less than 50-50 balls rather than holding on to the ball too long and make OL look bad which used to be his defining character. You can see he's enjoying the results, however if such throws continue to result in turnovers like it has for Josh Allen having multiple turnovers in 3 straight games or so, I'm not sure if Cousins will turn Conservative again. Even now, I think Cousins throws such passes only to Jefferson and he still doesn't do it to Theilen or Hockenson as often.. Like the throw that Jefferson came down with one handed catch on 4th and 18. 

If he could find that connection with all these 3 at least consistently, he'd not have much problems with winning games in Minnesota going forward and he'd actually start winning games consistently against playoff caliber teams or prime time games, and Vikings could actually sustain winning such close games more often. If he only does it trusting Jefferson, those throws will dry up in playoffs and we'll have a very timid exit in playoffs. Anyway, it's very fun for now, like the 2017 season. As long as they play competitive like this, it's awesome, win or lose. Let's see how they play Cowboys defense. 

• w87r unpinned this topic
On 11/14/2022 at 4:59 AM, VikingsFanInChennai said:

NFC East and AFC East... Two of those divisions where usually there would be a couple of doormat teams for others to beat up.. This time though, it's difficult to understand the competitiveness! I'd have never believed these two teams would end up being the toughest divisions in the same year. That's just crazy. 

And the NFC west being a crap show.. just crazy things happening this year.. AFC west was supposed to be the best EVER haha

6 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

And the NFC west being a crap show.. just crazy things happening this year.. AFC west was supposed to be the best EVER haha

Naturally I thought and predicted the season results for every team in the thread, I think, created by @danlhart87, that the worst team in AFC West would've a record of 8-9 or so... I had Seattle as the worst NFC team going 1-16, lol.. They're winning the division at 6-4 and I like Geno Smith now. Ha ha.. Packers and Vikings have swapped their eternal places. 

All these predictions are futile exercises.

Anyway, only constant that you can bank on in NFL these past years are Bears, Lions and Texans, Jaguars.  :) Even Bears could turn around next year, it seems. 

Archived