Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Zak Keefer says locker room not good

Nesjan3

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We weren't going anywhere with Wentz, I agree, so why not try to see what the old man had left? Matt gave it a go and had us at 3-3-1 at least. Maybe Sam has some magic in him and gets this team going.

We haven't been going anywhere since 2019... lol...

And Wentz had as good or better stats (all 4 QBs), and had to deal with a high pressure rate. Same pressure as Ryan, and Rivers had a lot better OL than Wentz and Ryan. If you look at yards, TDs/INT ratio, sacks, QBR/PR, etc..... one could easily argue that Wentz was the best of 4 QBs... 

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

And Wentz had as good or better stats (all 4 QBs), and had to deal with a high pressure rate. Same pressure as Ryan, and Rivers had a lot better OL than Wentz and Ryan. If you look at yards, TDs/INT ratio, sacks, QBR/PR, etc..... one could easily argue that Wentz was the best of 4 QBs... 

Wentrz had good stats thanks to Franks coaching... Stop!!!

8 hours ago, Nickster said:

You have to be a good manager too, but again that has little to do with Knute Rockne speeches.  PErsonally, It think this has little to no effect on the outcome of games. 

These guys like most adults are motivated by making a living. 

Have you ever managed people?:facepalm: You really think adults motivated by making living? So

re but a helleva lot are not.

58 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

I mean we need to get to the bottom of his poor play. He’s getting bulldozed around out there and that’s not Nelson. Something has changed and he just isn’t that guy right now. And clearly we could really benefit from him being that guy, and he just got paid to he that guy. 

Do you think Nelson would be the kind of guy to ever tell anyone if it was indeed the case? He tried to no-sell the vaccination questions by saying that he valued his privacy. He probably wouldn’t even admit it to his own doctors unless it was something glaringly obvious. 

And can you imagine the media %show? “This once former dominant NFL linemen refused to get vaccinated, now he says Covid infection ruined his career”. He would become a key figure that would be pointed to in makIng the case for the vaccine. Not to mention the folks who don’t want the vaccine also don’t want to admit they’re wrong more often than not. 

Obviously he’s not bad enough off that he can’t even play, he wouldn’t have to ever admit it even if he is just an average guard now. 

I just want to see him playing back at a level that we didn’t have to entertain any kind of hypotheticals like these. 

There also were vaccinated people who were never the same after going thru Covid. The disease took a toll on people- both vaxxed and unvaxxed.

I believe most of the NFLs unvaxxed were starting families and there were no studies relating to how the vaccine would affect a new child. They also were hearing verified reports of young men having heart problems possibly caused by the vax.  (I’m not an anti-vaxxer, btw- I took it). And now, as East said- studies show that many suffered more from the vax than if they hadn’t done it…

7 hours ago, DEFENSE said:

imo most players are only motivated by money. they want to excel so they will get a bigger contract. they want to win because winning teams get more publicity and the players become household names resulting in more money. they want to be the top at their position so they can be the highest paid. once they get a long term high pay contract they can coast and not go all out. its all about the money

Cynical…but correct.

9 hours ago, DougDew said:

We realized our destiny?  What's wrong, can't except that?

11 wins...who thought that? 

I have always thought it was about a 7 win roster.  Now everybody knows.  Even Ballard has capitulated by benching his $35M QB and trading one of his newly signed pieces.  It would have been great coaching by Frank to get it us to achieve more than 7 wins each of the last 4 seasons.

So Ballard determines who starts and who sets each week. I learned the last few days that Brady designed the offense and some mentioned he even scripted the first 15 plays of the game. Frank should not have to motivate the players as they are adults and making a living is all the motivation they need. Good lord, Franks got a cushy job with great pay and no responsibilities.

10 minutes ago, LaundryBag said:

We can agree on both but Wentz is trash Cmon

Wentz had easily the best TD/INT ratio of all 4 QBs...

He had better or similar QBR/PR...... 

And had a bad OL like Ryan.. Brissett and Rivers had great OLs... 

Reich had zero to do with it. 

Stats are clear... unless you want to ignore simple production/stats... sure.. 

7 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Frank was his coach... LMao just get over loving Werntz

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would just never say, our QB is out for the whole year after hyping him up. Matt is who Irsay wanted. Reich said he was Peyton like leadership wise. Just a weird situation. Matt's turn overs were awful but all in all his comeback wins and being at 3-3-1 in a league that has many .500 teams is something you can't quit on. It is like our FO forgot what they were preaching 2 weeks ago. To say so and so is our guy/QB 1 day then a day later say good riddance is lame.

The really sad thing about this is, Matt Ryan hasn't complained once publicly or threw anyone under the bus. He is a class act and a leader. We should make him our OC  - joking but not a bad idea Happy Season 17 GIF by The Simpsons

I agree. Coming out and saying Matt is no longer going to be the starting QB in any capacity is really awful, and stuff like that is what can shake the locker room up. That’s sends a bad message to the team IMO. When you basically set a player up for failure and then try and scapegoat them as if they are the problem, that’s bad for business. 

It’s also really contradicting and confusing for players. You Bring in a guy who you hype up and applaud for his leadership all off-season and the players actually buy into it, only to bench him halfway through the season. Aside from the players who refused to really comment on it, it’s not hard to guess that more players were probably upset with that decision than we know. You gave your team leader a very short leash when he did nothing to deserve that. It’s not his fault he was traded to a team that spent years playing QB carousel, has a bottom 5 OL, and what is essentially a lame duck HC scrambling to keep his job. 

The bottom line is they should have never traded for Ryan if they weren’t going to stick by him. I really can’t tell you what they should have done instead, because given the terrible line play along with the below average play-calling, I’m not sure any Avenue would have led to success. Maybe they should’ve just gotten a QB in the draft and just basically gave him a free pass year and worked on supporting him the year after.

Just now, LaundryBag said:

Frank was his coach... LMao just get over loving Werntz

Don't love Wentz... but facts are facts... 

Guessing you're another poster that will be heavy on "opinion", and very light on facts.... 

If you have facts to debate with... feel free. If not, not worth the time... 

Frank has zero to do with anything. He's horrible. 

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Guessing you're another poster that will be heavy on "opinion", and very light on facts.... 

Nah I'm a poster that realizes team issues and not PFF stats you come up with 

29 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

WHO CARES? Philly fired him, we Fired him, and Wash WILL Fire him.

Fired for failing FB 101. 0-3 Analyze that Stat till the cows come home.

Big arm, can't read defenses mostly because he is not ALL-IN.  

Wentz plays himself into irrelevancy. Career over?

1 minute ago, throwing BBZ said:

WHO CARES? Philly fired him, we Fired him, and Wash WILL Fire him.

Fired for failing FB 101. 0-3 Analyze that Stat till the cows come home.

Big arm, can't read defenses mostly because he is not ALL-IN.  

Wentz plays himself into irrelevancy. Career over?

Like Reich... lol... 

Reich was fired by Indy in 2011

Reich was fired by AZ in 2012

Reich was fired in SD/LA in 2016

So when Wentz is fired by WA, they were be tied (fired 3 times...)

But Frank will be fired after the season, so Frank will win again... 

1 hour ago, jimmy g said:

There also were vaccinated people who were never the same after going thru Covid. The disease took a toll on people- both vaxxed and unvaxxed.

I believe most of the NFLs unvaxxed were starting families and there were no studies relating to how the vaccine would affect a new child. They also were hearing verified reports of young men having heart problems possibly caused by the vax.  (I’m not an anti-vaxxer, btw- I took it). And now, as East said- studies show that many suffered more from the vax than if they hadn’t done it…

Regardless, the point was Quinton Nelson would never willingly become a pawn in that game. 

14 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Like Reich... lol... 

Reich was fired by Indy in 2011

Reich was fired by AZ in 2012

Reich was fired in SD/LA in 2016

So when Wentz is fired by WA, they were be tied (fired 3 times...)

But Frank will be fired after the season, so Frank will win again... 

Frank will retire to spend more time with his family.  :cheers:

6 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Looking at it as of now assuming Matt is done, I would take Rivers over JB, Wentz, or Matt. To me Rivers was the best QB we have had since Luck retired. He put up nice numbers as well and didn't make the dumb mistakes that Wentz made. We also went 11-5 with Rivers and made the playoffs.

34 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Looking at it as of now assuming Matt is done, I would take Rivers over JB, Wentz, or Matt. To me Rivers was the best QB we have had since Luck retired. He put up nice numbers as well and didn't make the dumb mistakes that Wentz made. We also went 11-5 with Rivers and made the playoffs.

I will relieve your thinking. Matt is done as a Colt put it that way. Rivers was better than any of those QBs mentioned. For sure!

7 hours ago, LaundryBag said:

Nah I'm a poster that realizes team issues and not PFF stats you come up with 

7 hours ago, LaundryBag said:

Wish the pff stats told the total truth

Fast Times At Ridgemont High Reaction GIF

You appear to be trolling. Let's move on from that. Thanks.

8 hours ago, hoosierhawk said:

Have you ever managed people?:facepalm: You really think adults motivated by making living? So

re but a helleva lot are not.

Well the kinda guys that subject their bodies to the training and damage of the NFL probably do don’t you think?

I agree that Rivers was the best QB the Colts have had since Luck quit.  

I also think Wentz is viewed unfairly by Colts fans.  He was made the skapegoat by the Colts and fans for Reich's faults.   I wasn't sad to see him go, but he wasn't the reason the Colts missed the playoffs last year.

Rivers had a great OL.. and had 24/11 ratio.. vs 27/7.

But I do like Rivers... 

14 minutes ago, Myles said:

I also think Wentz is viewed unfairly by Colts fans.  He was made the scapegoat by the Colts and fans for Reich's faults.   I wasn't sad to see him go, but he wasn't the reason the Colts missed the playoffs last year.

I agree. 

8 hours ago, EastStreet said:

The poster you are berating/bullying because they disagree with you, this time, is a new poster.  I don't know how old he is or what his status in life is.  Not that he needs me to act as his big brother.  Just an FYI.

The facts you say others do not use, are simply stats that, in your opinion, you feel are useful.  Its your opinion that sees them as useful facts.  You define what facts others should use, when others might have better facts than you.  We all know that the circumstances that created that 27/7 fact is based upon every pass Wentz threw throughout the season.  If we watched every pass he threw, and understood the circumstances and the decisions, that would be much more useful information than the stats you present as clear and useful facts.  

12 minutes ago, DougDew said:

The poster you are berating/bullying because they disagree with you, this time, is a new poster.  I don't know how old he is or what his status in life is.  Not that he needs me to act as his big brother.  Just an FYI.

The facts you say others do not use, are simply stats that, in your opinion, you feel are useful.  Its your opinion that sees them as useful facts.  You define what facts others should use, when others might have better facts than you.  We all know that the circumstances that created that 27/7 fact is based upon every pass Wentz threw throughout the season.  If we watched every pass he threw, and understood the circumstances and the decisions, that would be much more useful information than the stats you present as clear and useful facts.  

On the bolded... is he? lol...

He shares views with you... about Reich's brilliance lol. 

8 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

I agree. Coming out and saying Matt is no longer going to be the starting QB in any capacity is really awful, and stuff like that is what can shake the locker room up. That’s sends a bad message to the team IMO

And we pretty clearly know that the directive came from Irsay, because Reich was saying Matt was the QB....until suddenly he wasn't.  Combined with the rumor and logic that it was done to save money...cap space next year maybe...and that invites every player to look at their contract to see what kind of guaranteed money they have...or not. (not that they don't already know). 

Is it a surprise that Hines wanted to be traded?  His contract is not guaranteed for next year, IIRC.  So he wants to go to a more passing based offense with a better QB situation to use his abilities more often,  Instead of being stuck with an offense that is struggling because of Ballard's oline decisions.

And somehow, Frank is supposed to fight through those head winds created by the Executive and maintain a proper locker room.

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

On the bolded... is he? lol...

He shares views with you... about Reich's brilliance lol. 

Not wanting to get into it with you.  Just pointing out that you tend to punch down when someone bases their opinion on things other than the stats you like to use.  There are other ways...and oftentimes better ways...to form a point of view.

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

Not wanting to get into it with you.  Just pointing out that you tend to punch down when someone bases their opinion on things other than the stats you like to use.  There are other ways...and oftentimes better ways...to form a point of view.

He picked the fight... And he followed to me other, unrelated threads... 

Have a wonderful day

Archived