Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sam franchise QB?

LaundryBag

Do you really think Sam E is a franchise QB for the Colts?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Do you really think Sam E is a franchise QB?

• Yes
    • No
    • Keep as a backup

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sam looks like one the of the worst QBs I have seen start an NFL game. 

He is afraid to throw the ball and that is hurting the team. There is another guy that has remained in the NFL named Trevor Semian and he does that too. But even Semian has a better noodle arm and is willing to learn the playbook. 

Sam is too short and has a really bad noodle arm. 

He holds onto the ball too long and that causes a bunch of sacks.

He throws it to his check down even though the gain is only 1 yard, and his receiver gets destroyed.

IN 2 games not a single TD thrown, not even a screen TD throw. I am not sure that has happened. Usually, coaches spoon feed these young QBs at least a TD

Sam misses wide open receivers, and his ball placement is really bad.

He would have a ton of picks, but he is afraid to throw the ball.

3 hours ago, Rhodelesstraveled said:

Sam is horrible.  But the OL is worse.  

We have to trade out of our contracts.  Everyone has to be tradeable.  

I don't think Sam is the man and said so because he was a 6th round pick. Do u honestly think Mahonnes or Allen would look good behind that Oline?

3 hours ago, Rhodelesstraveled said:

Sam is horrible.  But the OL is worse.  

We have to trade out of our contracts.  Everyone has to be tradeable.  

Don't think he is the guy but a lot of qbs look horrible against Bill. I don't think we will ever know cause I can actually see him getting hurt and season ends.

13 hours ago, PRnum1 said:

I'm pretty sure they look alot better than what we saw today 

I don't really care how he looks right now.  He is young, inexperienced, and playing behind a dumpster fire line.

Even with that I will be really surprised if he actually becomes a franchise QB.

10 minutes ago, gspdx said:

I don't really care how he looks right now.  He is young, inexperienced, and playing behind a dumpster fire line.

Even with that I will be really surprised if he actually becomes a franchise QB.

Add to that:

He's playing for arguably the worst play caller in the NFL.  

And I'll add Manning turned out to be a pretty good "franchise qb". Not saying Sam is Manning, he isn't, but give the guy a chance behind a competent offensive line and receivers who stop dropping the ball and more creative and imaginative play calling. The best play yesterday was when Pierce was in the slot and ran a crossing pattern and Sam flipped him the ball and Pierce turned upfield for 23 yards. A simple, quick play. I don't know why we are having so much trouble stringing together successful plays, and when we do it's inevitable a turnover is coming, or a missed field goal.

Archived