Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sam franchise QB?

LaundryBag

Do you really think Sam E is a franchise QB for the Colts?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Do you really think Sam E is a franchise QB?

• Yes
    • No
    • Keep as a backup

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Cant expect anyone to answer this seriously. It’s been 1 game.  Everyone hopes hes the next Tom Brady, but he’s probably just another backup QB. Maybe somewhere in the middle. 

I see what your saying but at the same time I've seen people already sign the franchise over to Sam. I want to see what they think after Sam gets hammered by Patriots. lol

5 minutes ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

dont worry about being a rookie, relax and enjoy the good posters, we are not experts here , just fans, welcome, dont respond to the rude ones here they live for being cyber bullies

Thanks I got * tonight and should not have went off. I put out my apologies. But it is what it is...

7 minutes ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

dont worry about being a rookie, relax and enjoy the good posters, we are not experts here , just fans, welcome, dont respond to the rude ones here they live for being cyber bullies

I read stuff all day and see the disrespect and it is crazy we are all rooting for the same team. It's like politics no stop we are Colt frickin fans...

1 minute ago, LaundryBag said:

I cant believe the yes answers. Blowing my mind quite honest. Mods can everyone vote again after pats game or will new poll have to be done??

It's probably a combination of people being positive, trolling, or they have nothing else to root for but Sam being good as far as there being hope. The correct choices are either no after a one-game sample-size, or keep him as a backup based on that one game. I need to see him more than a game though.

1 minute ago, LaundryBag said:

Thank you bro. I'm new got some people mad at me in forum but it is what it is. I screwed my poll up 

It's ok. Don't worry about it. You'll figure it out very quickly on here. Most people are solid posters on here. There are a few bad apples though. Just use your best instincts with people to decide their true intentions and you'll figure out whom you like as a poster. Usually a real solid place here, though things get crazy when things go poorly. I'll see you around! :thmup:

8 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

It's ok. Don't worry about it. You'll figure it out very quickly on here. Most people are solid posters on here. There are a few bad apples though. Just use your best instincts with people to decide their true intentions and you'll figure out whom you like as a poster. Usually a real solid place here, though things get crazy when things go poorly. I'll see you around! :thmup:

That's the problem, I like everyones post and like responding back that's what gets me into trouble lol Thanks bud cya around:thmup:

2 hours ago, coltsfan_canada said:

Based on what we saw he is the best QB we have had since Manning. Mobile accurate reminds of Mahomes but faster. I think we will win SB with him this year. 

Uhhh don't tell me you forgot ab Andrew Luck or heck even Philip Rivers.

2 hours ago, coltsfan_canada said:

Based on what we saw he is the best QB we have had since Manning. Mobile accurate reminds of Mahomes but faster. I think we will win SB with him this year. 

Your being funny and definitely not serious..Lmao....  Colts should be chasing Bryce Young he is like a Deshaun Watson without the baggage...

2 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

History says he will be another backup but never know

Nothing more than a backup. He been with the team long enough to know it's a keep fans interested and we our making moves to win now.. It really is what fans call TANKING....JMO 

5 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

I think the kid has the potential to be I really do. But I’ll reserve my judgments until I see him play another 3-4 games and through the end of the season.

It would be a Cinderella story for sure. I hope he does turnout and we don't have to worry about a QB. Odds say we are kidding ourselves and that's fine don't give up on Sam. But don't feel terrible about yourself for believing in Sam. Nothing else to believe about in this team. I'm like for real. 

9 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

He looked like backup to me Sunday but it’s one game.  We will know a lot more in a few weeks as teams get tape on him and as he gets more action.

Yep, and if Belichick does mess him up. It will be a learning experience. But yes Bill is going to help him after next week. If Sam doesn't learn anything after what Bill puts at him. Sam Not NFL starter. I think Sam is good now but never a NFL starting QB. That's my opinion so don't get upset.,.

31 minutes ago, LaundryBag said:

Yep, and if Belichick does mess him up. It will be a learning experience. But yes Bill is going to help him after next week. If Sam doesn't learn anything after what Bill puts at him. Sam Not NFL starter. I think Sam is good now but never a NFL starting QB. That's my opinion so don't get upset.,.

I am not upset I agree with you.  I think he’s a high end backup which is good for a sixth round pick.  I don’t think he’s going to be a franchise QB but I’d love to be wrong.

With the way he played Sunday, he looked like a starter in the league - he can start. I saw more out of him in that game than I ever saw out of Brissett, for example.

Franchise QB is something different, something you may not truly know for another year or so.  Many people wanted to move on from Hurts in the past few years, now they don't.

Too early to tell.

I like Sam and I think he did a lot of things right and had some good NFL level throws against the Commanders. He also had a couple of less than good plays - the fumble and the read on the goal-line play where JT was stopped. Hope Reich puts the game in his hands this sunday.

My biggest question is if he's at his ceiling. Can he get better or is this what we can expect? We need him to get even better, even if he's well so far.

1 hour ago, #12. said:

With the way he played Sunday, he looked like a starter in the league - he can start. I saw more out of him in that game than I ever saw out of Brissett, for example.

Franchise QB is something different, something you may not truly know for another year or so.  Many people wanted to move on from Hurts in the past few years, now they don't.

Brissett is a bad example.  When he first started he looked very good. There was even talk of him making a pro bowl.  Then the injury. Look at what he is doing right now in Cleveland. 

7 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

What? We’re crazy when we suck? Never!!!!

6 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

He looked like backup to me Sunday but it’s one game.  We will know a lot more in a few weeks as teams get tape on him and as he gets more action.

Compare him to the top draft picks the last 2 years. Hahahaha!
  He looked more like a average Vet playing behind a below avg line with blocking issues from his TE's and RB's.

Zero turnovers, accurate, got the ball downfield, rather poised for a first start.

Just a guy getting an opportunity. ANYONE Prejudging him is saying plenty about themselves. We will KNOW what he is after this season, another off season, another training camp, and maybe, half of next season. Even then he would get better with more experience.

ANYONE with football knowledge KNOWS this.

Archived