Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts roster position by position

Gavin

Here I will divide our team up by position so we all get a good look at what we need

Quarterback

1.Andrew Luck

2.Drew Stanton

3.Trevor Vittatoe

Running Backs

1.Donald Brown

2.Delone Carter

3.Darren Evans

Fullbacks

1.Ryan Mahaffey

2.Chris Gronkowski

Wide Receivers

1.Reggie Wayne

2.Austin Collie

3.Donnie Avery

4.Jarred Fayson

5.Quan Cosby

6.Jeremy Ross

Tight Ends

1.Brody Eldridge

2..Kyle Miller

3.Justin Snow

Tackles

1.Anthony Castonzo

2.Ben Ijalana

3.Winston Justice

4.Joe Reitz

5.Mike Tepper

Guard

1.Mike Mcglynn

2.Seth Olsen

3.Matt Murphy

Center

1.Samson Satele

2.A.Q. Shipley

3.Jake Kirkpatrick

Defensive Ends

1.Dwight Freeny (listed as Defensive End on Colts site)

2.Robert Mathis (Same as above)

3.Cory Redding

4.Jerry Hughes

5.Justin Hickman

6.Mario Addison

7.Brandon Peguese

Defensive Tackles

1.Brandon Mckinney

2.Antonio Johnson

3.Drake Nevis

4.Fili Moala

5.Ricardo Matthews

6.Ollie Ogbu

Linebackers

1.Pat Angerer

2.Kavell Conner

3.Jerrell Freeman

3.AJ Edds

4.Mario Harvey

5.Lutrus Scott

Corners

1.Jerraud Powers

2.chris Rucker

3.Kevin Thomas

4.Brandon King

5.Terrance Johnson

6.Mike Holmes

7.Jermale Hines

Safeties

1.Bethea

2.Tom Zybiskowski

3.Joe Lefeged

4.Mike Newton

5.David Caldwell

Kicker

1.Adam Vinatieri

Punter

1.Pat Mcafee

Looks like you were missing a few players on this list above. Breaking it down by depth chart makes it a lot easier to see what we will have this year and what we should be drafting.

Offensive Depth Chart

Position Players Quarterback Drew Stanton Trevor Vittatoe Wide Receiver 1 Reggie Wayne Donnie Avery Jeremy Ross Wide Receiver 2 Austin Collie Quan Cosby Jarred Fayson Running Back Donald Brown Delone Carter Darren Evans Fullback Chris Gronkowski Ryan Mahaffey Tight End Brody Eldridge Kyle Miller Left Offensive Tackle Anthony Castonzo Jeff Linkenbach Left Offensive Guard Mike McGlynn Joe Reitz Matt Murphy Center Samson Satele Jake Kirkpatrick A.Q. Shipley Right Offensive Guard Ben Ijalana Seth Olsen Right Offensive Tackle Winston Justice Mike Tepper

Defensive Depth Chart

Position Players Left Defensive End Cory Redding Ollie Ogbu Nose Tackle Antonio Johnson Fili Moala Brandon McKinney Right Defensive End Drake Nevis Ricardo Mathews Left Outside Linebacker Robert Mathis Mario Addison Justin Hickman Left Inside Linebacker Kavell Conner A.J. Edds Brandon Peguese Right Inside Linebacker Pat Angerer Mario Harvey Scott Lutrus Right Outside Linebacker Dwight Freeney Jerry Hughes Jerrell Freeman Left Cornerback Kevin Thomas Brandon King Terrence Johnson Right Cornerback Jerraud Powers Chris Rucker Mike Holmes Strong Safety Tom Zbikowski Joe Lefeged David Caldwell Mike Newton Free Safety Antoine Bethea Jermale Hines

Special Teams Depth Chart

Position Players Kicker (FG) Adam Vinatieri Punter Pat McAfee

Long Snapper Justin Snow

Above has us playing a ase defence of 3-4 with us going to a 4-3 on pasing situations.

I am not sure what to think of the defensive depth chart right now seeing that a whole new scheme is coming in. I am pretty sure we are thin at CB's though.

I would like to see a stud RB and another WR brought in. But of all things the Colts need to protect the QB and the Oline that is slated in there right now needs some improvement. Would be real nice to find a couple late round steals to fill those spots.

One or two WRs for depth in later rounds, we can get a starter next year

One or two TEs one early and one later

One or two OGs depth woth potential

One Nose Tackle starter

One CB for depth

we got all kinds of depth at Corner we need a starter, we got 7 Corners and none of them are a clear starter and that is including Powers

Ijalana, Reitz, and Tepper should be moved from tackle to guard

so our O-line should look like this

LT- Castanzo, LG- Reitz, C- Satele, RG- Ijalana, RT- Justice

Honestly, that line isn't that bad of a line, WAY better than the past few years

Also Jeremy Ross should be moved to the #4 spot at WR he is much better than Fayson and Cosby, has lots of potential

If we get Janoris Jenkins in second round that will solve our cornerback problem

If we get Mohammad Sanu in 3rd round thall solve our WR depth problem

If we get Orson Charles or Ladarius Green in 4th round that will help our TE problem

If we get Kendell Reyes or Taamu in 5th thall help our NT problem

Ijalana, Reitz, and Tepper should be moved from tackle to guard

so our O-line should look like this

LT- Castanzo, LG- Reitz, C- Satele, RG- Ijalana, RT- Justice

Honestly, that line isn't that bad of a line, WAY better than the past few years

Also Jeremy Ross should be moved to the #4 spot at WR he is much better than Fayson and Cosby, has lots of potential

If we get Janoris Jenkins in second round that will solve our cornerback problem

If we get Mohammad Sanu in 3rd round thall solve our WR depth problem

If we get Orson Charles or Ladarius Green in 4th round that will help our TE problem

If we get Kendell Reyes or Taamu in 5th thall help our NT problem

Still not sold that Justice will be the starting RT. IMO he may be nothing but depth.

I don't think there is anyway we draft Jenkins at all, let alone in the 2nd rd..

Reyes nor Ta'amu will be there in the 5th and on top of that, Reyes is no where close to a NT.

I don't see many people saying MLB is a need but I feel it is. I know we have angerer but we are are 3-4 now and that requires 2 MLBs. Conner is a good possibility but I am not sold on him to be a starter in the future.

I don't see many people saying MLB is a need but I feel it is. I know we have angerer but we are are 3-4 now and that requires 2 MLBs. Conner is a good possibility but I am not sold on him to be a starter in the future.

I agree. I think both MLB and OLB are needs. Perhaps not this year but soon. Freeney is in the last year of his contract so I can definately see us grooming a replacement. I would love it if Hughes stepped up to be that guy but everything points to no.

I think we can agree that:

Vittatoe

Cosby

Fayson

Ross

Gronk

One of the centers (probably Shipley)

Peguese

Scott

Those guys will probably be cut and have little to no chance of making the roster. So we can technically say it's 53 + 10 draftees. Also, keep in mind that there will be UDFA's only further adding to the competition.

jesus christ, i knew the team was bad, but we literally have almost no stars anymore, i mean we have freeney, mathis, bethea, but other than wayne we have no stars on our offense and, our d is terrible. We need MAJOR help.

We have as many stars as we did last year.

I think we have enough players on the defensive line. If you find a nose tackle or a good five-tech prospect in the draft, pull the trigger, but I'm content to go into camp with the bodies we have and see what we look like. I think the shift to a hybrid defensive front (which gives Moala and Hughes more value and a potentially more effective role on the team) along with the acquisition of Redding and McKinney makes the line much better.

We need players at linebacker, if for nothing other than depth. We have lots of players who would make good weakside linebackers in our Cover 2, but we really only have Conner and Angerer who can play inside in a three-down scheme. And Conner isn't a very good cover linebacker, so he might be a liability. He'd be great against the run, though. Outside linebacker should be covered, regardless of scheme.

I'm curious about our corners, because I think Thomas, Rucker and Johnson will benefit from Pagano's scheme. But I'd like to see us bring in another corner in the draft. Same thing at safety. Zbikowski is limited, but serviceable, and will likely start. The others, like Lefeged and Caldwell, will benefit from some better schemes, but neither are stand outs.

Assuming Justice gets moved to guard, we're better but still lacking depth. I bet Grigson spends a pick or two on offensive linemen.

We also need help at the skill positions on offense. We could use another receiver, a couple of tight ends, a running back.

yeah and we went 2-14

That's my point.

And yet, many people would have wanted to keep the same front office & the same coaching staff, and would have been willing to keep the exact same roster makeup as last year, IF we would have resigned Peyton Manning.

Blatnick in the 7th

if we are going best player available then these are the guys who will be available and best available according to Walter Football.com position by position, I dont necessarily agree or disagree I am just listing as they have them (I will also list them according to Walter Football thinks they will go by round )

Running Backs-David Wilson 1-2, Doug Martin- 2nd, Lamar Miller-2nd, Lamicheal James-3rd, Bernard Pierce 3-4

Wide Receiver-Stephen Hill-bottom of 1 beginning of 2nd, Alshon Jeffery-2. Mohamed Sanu-2, Reuben Randle-2nd, Juron Criner 2-3, Marvin Jones 2-3, Nick Toon 2-3, Marvin Mcnutt 2-4, Chris Givens 2-4, Brian Quick 3-4, Joe Adams 3-4, Tommy Streeter 3-4, A.J. Jenkins 3-4

our needs are

Tight End

Guard

Corner

Wide Receiver

Linebacker

Tight End-Coby Fleener 1-2, Dwayne Allen-2, Orsen Charles-2-3, Ladarius Green-3-4, Deangelo Peterson-4-5, Micheal Egnew-4-5

Tackle-Mike Adams-1-2, Bobby Massie-2, Zebrie Sanders-2-3, Jeff Allen-2-3, Mitchell Schwartz-2-3, James Brown-3, Brandon Mosley 3-4, Andrew Datko-4-5, Levy Adcock-4-5, Nate Potter-4-5, Senio Kelemete-4-5, Matt Mccants-4-6, Matt Reynolds-4-6 I can go on

Guard-Kevin Zeitler-2, Kelechi Osemele-2, Amini Silatolu-2-3, Brandon Washington-3-4, Tony Bergstrom-3-4, Brandon Brooks-3-4, Senio Kelemete-4-5, Lucas Nix-4-5, Ryan Miller-4-6, Joe Looney-4-6, Rishaw Johnson-5-6, Josh Leribeus-5-6, Will Blackwell-5-6, Desmond Wynn-5-6, Johnnie Troutman- 5-7, Rokevious Watkins-5-7, Adam Gettis-5-7, I can go on

Center-Philip Blake-Philip Blake-2-3, Ben Jones-3-4, Michael Brewster-3-5, David Molk-4-5, Garth Gerhart 4-6, Quentin Saulsberry-5-6, I can go on

Fullback-Terrance Ganaway-5-6, Cody Johnson-5-7, Drake Dunsmore-6-7, Bradie Ewing-6-FA, Joe Suhey-7-FA

I didnt do Quarterback because Luck has been announced as our pick

if we are going best player available then these are the guys who will be available and best available according to Walter Football.com position by position, I dont necessarily agree or disagree I am just listing as they have them (I will also list them according to Walter Football thinks they will go by round ) Running Backs-David Wilson 1-2, Doug Martin- 2nd, Lamar Miller-2nd, Lamicheal James-3rd, Bernard Pierce 3-4 Wide Receiver-Stephen Hill-bottom of 1 beginning of 2nd, Alshon Jeffery-2. Mohamed Sanu-2, Reuben Randle-2nd, Juron Criner 2-3, Marvin Jones 2-3, Nick Toon 2-3, Marvin Mcnutt 2-4, Chris Givens 2-4, Brian Quick 3-4, Joe Adams 3-4, Tommy Streeter 3-4, A.J. Jenkins 3-4 our needs are Tight End Guard Corner Wide Receiver Linebacker Tight End-Coby Fleener 1-2, Dwayne Allen-2, Orsen Charles-2-3, Ladarius Green-3-4, Deangelo Peterson-4-5, Micheal Egnew-4-5 Tackle-Mike Adams-1-2, Bobby Massie-2, Zebrie Sanders-2-3, Jeff Allen-2-3, Mitchell Schwartz-2-3, James Brown-3, Brandon Mosley 3-4, Andrew Datko-4-5, Levy Adcock-4-5, Nate Potter-4-5, Senio Kelemete-4-5, Matt Mccants-4-6, Matt Reynolds-4-6 I can go on Guard-Kevin Zeitler-2, Kelechi Osemele-2, Amini Silatolu-2-3, Brandon Washington-3-4, Tony Bergstrom-3-4, Brandon Brooks-3-4, Senio Kelemete-4-5, Lucas Nix-4-5, Ryan Miller-4-6, Joe Looney-4-6, Rishaw Johnson-5-6, Josh Leribeus-5-6, Will Blackwell-5-6, Desmond Wynn-5-6, Johnnie Troutman- 5-7, Rokevious Watkins-5-7, Adam Gettis-5-7, I can go on Center-Philip Blake-Philip Blake-2-3, Ben Jones-3-4, Michael Brewster-3-5, David Molk-4-5, Garth Gerhart 4-6, Quentin Saulsberry-5-6, I can go on Fullback-Terrance Ganaway-5-6, Cody Johnson-5-7, Drake Dunsmore-6-7, Bradie Ewing-6-FA, Joe Suhey-7-FA I didnt do Quarterback because Luck has been announced as our pick

jesus christ, i knew the team was bad, but we literally have almost no stars anymore, i mean we have freeney, mathis, bethea, but other than wayne we have no stars on our offense and, our d is terrible. We need MAJOR help.

Anyone else getting really sick of posts like this?

We will have Luck, Wayne, collie, Avery, plus rookies on offense. Not to mention 2nd year RB Carter and also brown. After the draft we could be sitting with a young offense to build off of in future years. I expect us to be better than a lot of people think this year and next year we are a legitimate contender to win our division.

You are really high on Blatnik. Would you draft him earlier than the 7th or only if he falls to you in the 7th?

only in the 7th, thats where mocks I have seen have him expected to go or undrafted, but hes a hard hitter and played defensive end and linebacker