Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

James Bradberry

SOMDColtsfan

Just read an article on NFL.com, "Top 10 Shutdown Corners"..They have James Bradberry at #1.  I recall his name mentioned many times last year, members here wanting the Colts to sign him from the Giants. Worth mentioning, Rock Ya Sin also made the list. Don't know how to post the link but was interesting to read

On 10/20/2022 at 9:21 PM, SOMDColtsfan said:

Just read an article on NFL.com, "Top 10 Shutdown Corners"..They have James Bradberry at #1.  I recall his name mentioned many times last year, members here wanting the Colts to sign him from the Giants. Worth mentioning, Rock Ya Sin also made the list. Don't know how to post the link but was interesting to read

https://www.nfl.com/news/2022-nfl-season-s-top-10-shutdown-cornerbacks-eagles-duo-leads-group-sauce-gardn

I think we were willing to trade Rock, because the price for all corners has gone way up, including zone corners.  

I suspect we made an offer and found that Rock’s asking price was simply out of our comfort range.  

Ballard has always signed his zone corners to modest contracts.   I believe it’s,  in part, why he prefers zone to man corners.   They’re less expensive. 

Those are interesting stats for Rock  on the NFL Next Gen Stats.   It’s much higher than his PFF score.  

Rock has a 2022 PFF Coverage score of roughly 63.   His overall defensive score is 65+.   He grades higher as a run defender than a pass defender.   His NFL.Com grades reflect much higher scores.   Something doesn’t quite add up. 

Archived