Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If the season ended today, we would be in the playoffs.

2006Coltsbestever

If the season ended today, we would be in the playoffs, that tie was crucial:

1. Bills

2. Chiefs

3. Titans

4. Ravens

5. Jets

6. Chargers - if they lose tonight, we would be 6th. 

7. Colts

-those would be the seeds, we would draw the Chiefs because of the Bills having a Bye. We already beat them once. I still think we win the division but if this is how it ended, I would roll with it. We match up good with KC as crazy as that sounds.

The NFC East is the one that could mess up stuff for us. Plus, Belichick and the Patriots will always be in the thick of things, they probably will swap with the Jets eventually, IMO.

Of all years, the NFC East and the Vikings on our schedule for 5 games could be one of the toughest NFC schedules we have faced by far. Like 5 out of our first 7 games were inside the division, 4 out of the last 7 will be against the better NFC East teams and the Vikings. That is when we will know more about this team. Just have to enjoy the ride. :) 

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

The NFC East is the one that could mess up stuff for us. Plus, Belichick and the Patriots will always be in the thick of things, they probably will swap with the Jets eventually, IMO.

Of all years, the NFC East and the Vikings on our schedule for 5 games could be one of the toughest NFC schedules we have faced by far. Like 5 out of our first 7 games were inside the division, 4 out of the last 7 will be against the better NFC East teams and the Vikings. That is when we will know more about this team. Just have to enjoy the ride. :) 

Last year we had the NFC West (considered the best last year) and Tampa Bay. 

The NFC Best seems to be following us around. 

17 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If the season ended today, we would be in the playoffs, that tie was crucial:

1. Bills

2. Chiefs

3. Titans

4. Ravens

5. Jets

6. Chargers - if they lose tonight, we would be 6th. 

7. Colts

-those would be the seeds, we would draw the Chiefs because of the Bills having a Bye. We already beat them once. I still think we win the division but if this is how it ended, I would roll with it. We match up good with KC as crazy as that sounds.

This still stands. A win against Tennessee would be really huge. Luckily teams like the Broncos and Raiders are bad which helps regarding wildcard possibilities. Bengals, Ravens, Pats, Dolphins look average as well. I start thinking about these things around week 7. Chargers do not look like world beaters either. Jets to me are overachieving, they will cool off eventually.

1 hour ago, Myles said:

I think it is win the division or bust for the Colts.   That makes this weeks game against the Titans huge.   

Not sure that's the case this season, not many good clubs in entire NFL and the AFC has only Buff and KC and we already beat KC. North has no teams with a winning record and every squad has noticeable flaws so a 1 team playoff division. Phins are crashing,can Jets keep it up ? Chargers are so banged up........A lot of bad football being played by bad teams.

19 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Not sure that's the case this season, not many good clubs in entire NFL and the AFC has only Buff and KC and we already beat KC. North has no teams with a winning record and every squad has noticeable flaws so a 1 team playoff division. Phins are crashing,can Jets keep it up ? Chargers are so banged up........A lot of bad football being played by bad teams.

Doesn't it seem like the quality of football has slipped? That includes the officiating, too. Maybe it's just that we used to have blurry TVs, and today's 4K-HD just shows more detail?

Let us assume the Jets lose to the Bills and Patriots twice, they still have the Broncos, Bears, Lions, Jaguars, Seahawks and one more game vs Dolphins, I see 6 more winnable games for them to make them 10-7. Chargers may not be a powerhouse but close games that they were losing last year and previous years, they are winning them now (Browns, Broncos games are the last 2). With so many teams at 3-3, including Bengals, I just don't think most AFC teams will go away.

It will come down to the last 2 weeks just like last year and with Ryan over Wentz, that is when we will clinch our playoff berth. So, yes, the AFC will be wide open till the end and winning the division will not be the only way for every division team to be a playoff team.

Archived