Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 Week 6 Jaguars @ Colts, October 16, 2022, 1:00 PM ET

NFLfan

30 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

How can you, a human with assuming a functioning pre-frontal cortex say that was not questionable at least?

I mean there were bad calls. Woods also pushed off in the end zone for a TD that they didn’t call lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

Yep. Only proves the point that these refs were not good.

Of course, but that wasn’t my original point!? Haha

My original point was that if the Colts lost it wasn’t because of the refs, their defense played poorly most of the game.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

My sister and her husband go every year. She loves it. 

Glad to see the Colts and Vikes win.

Where do you stay normally? And do you guys hang at Tiki or Jim's?

Normally we stay in Shipyard. Yearly since late 90s.

Was going several times per year, but go to Naples/Sanibel more now. 

3 minutes ago, Bravo said:

Of course, but that wasn’t my original point!? Haha

My original point was that if the Colts lost it wasn’t because of the refs, their defense played poorly most of the game.

And you deflected away from my original point of saying that the call was at the very least questionable with but there were calls on both sides.

You agree the refs were bad. They just happened to lean against the Colts more today in my opinion.

22 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

Awww it’s ok to be proven wrong. Better luck next time! 

https://www.footballzebras.com/2015/01/the-anatomy-of-an-overturned-call/

" How do officials approach their partners and get them to change a call that they think is a mistake?   If an official thinks another official threw his flag in error, he lets the play continue, and once the ball is dead he approaches the calling official and asks him what he saw.   The calling official tells his partners what he has.   He’ll then ask his crew-mates what they saw  â€” knowing that if his partners are questioning his call they have a very good reason to do so. Once the calling official has the information from his partners it is up to him to either pick up the flag or let the call stand

Unless the referee is in on the original call, he does not intervene in the conference.   The only time the referee intervenes is if his crew-mates cannot agree and he has to break the tie."

Better luck next time. Thanks for playing.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, w87r said:

https://www.footballzebras.com/2015/01/the-anatomy-of-an-overturned-call/

" How do officials approach their partners and get them to change a call that they think is a mistake?   If an official thinks another official threw his flag in error, he lets the play continue, and once the ball is dead he approaches the calling official and asks him what he saw.   The calling official tells his partners what he has.   He’ll then ask his crew-mates what they saw  â€” knowing that if his partners are questioning his call they have a very good reason to do so. Once the calling official has the information from his partners it is up to him to either pick up the flag or let the call stand

Unless the referee is in on the original call, he does not intervene in the conference.   The only time the referee intervenes is if his crew-mates cannot agree and he has to break the tie."

Better luck next time. Thanks for playing.

I stand corrected. My mistake was assuming the head referee can make the call as opposed to the crew. I amend my previous comments to include the entire crew, not Boger

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

I stand corrected. My mistake was assuming the head referee can make the call as opposed to the crew. I amend my previous comments to include the entire crew, not Boger

I liked your comment because l respect when people admit when they are wrong.

Amending your comment after berating me about it 5-6 times, at least, isn't how it works though. You still did all that.

1 minute ago, w87r said:

Amending your comment after berating me about it 5-6 times, at least, isn't how it works though. You still did all that.

And you initially berating me doesn’t go away either just because you happened to be right. Doesn’t make it right on my part and for that I apologize.

However, don’t act the victim when you are guilty as well.

23 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Where do you stay normally? And do you guys hang at Tiki or Jim's?

Normally we stay in Shipyard. Yearly since late 90s.

Was going several times per year, but go to Naples/Sanibel more now. 

That was my first time. We stayed in a villa in the area of Port Royal. We did not go to Jim's or Tiki -- I will ask my sister if she is familiar with them. We ate at a place called Hudson's and another restaurant in Sea Pines called Coast. We had a great time -- very relaxing, just what I needed. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, w87r said:

How does it feel after this win? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

That was my first time. We stayed in a villa in the area of Port Royal. We did not go to Jim's or Tiki -- I will ask my sister if she is familiar with them. We ate at a place called Hudson's and another restaurant in Sea Pines called Coast. We had a great time -- very relaxing, just what I needed. 

Hudson's on the Docks is good. Always over-eat there (I think it's called Neptunes someting).. I like "Oysters-Hudson" too. But we normally buy a ton of seafood off-island at some seafood store and do our own seafood-fest.. lol. 

I like both PR nd SP. I have a good buddy in SP.

Next time there, try Tiki and/or Jim's for a couple beach drinks. Both on the beach (Coligny) 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, w87r said:

Feels good.

How's it feel to be 5-1? With what 2 game divisional lead?

It is great. I have to watch the replay of today's game when I get in. In a couple of those wins we played very well. In others, I thought "It is better to be lucky than good." haha

• Like 2

When Matt Ryan threw that TD pass I felt like this Kobe Bryant GIF-- happy but next week we have a monster on our hands. I am glad we won this one because the crap Matt Ryan was getting was ridiculous. I knew we would win today, I called it. He has won 2 games now without Taylor and some in here wanted Wentz back. Matt is my QB and I will roll with him, some haven't watched football like I have, I have seen Matt Ryan play a lot, he is a top 25 QB of all-time for a reason.

18 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is what Matt does.Next week is the real huge one. The tale of the 2 monsters in the AFC South:

Titans 3-2

Colts 3-2-1

-They got us in the 1st one but we all know what Rocky did to Clubber in the 2nd fight (Rocky 3 ref) :thmup:

Animated GIF

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, NFLfan said:

It is great. I have to watch the replay of today's game when I get in. In a couple of those wins we played very well. In others, I thought "It is better to be lucky than good." haha

Congrats to your Vikings, my father is in heaven looking down and smiling, as you know he loved the Vikings. As of now they are huge favorites to take that division, GB is struggling. Here is Aaron Rodgers right now Green Bay Packers Sport GIF by Milwaukee Bucks- confused, I haven't seen him look this bad in his whole career. The NFL is one big soap opera.

• Thanks 1

• NFLfan locked this topic