Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 Week 6 Jaguars @ Colts, October 16, 2022, 1:00 PM ET

NFLfan

Your Indianapolis Colts host the Jacksonville Jaguars this week, vying for their third win and their first win in their division.

The Colts have a record of 2-2-1 and will need their defense to step up and stop the Jags. However, they will be without two of their top defensive players, Kwity Paye and Shaq Leonard. On offense, Jonathan Taylor and Nyheim Hines have also been ruled out. Deon Jackson will start at RB.

The Colts' two losses and the tie are against their division opponents, but they have beaten the Chiefs and the Broncos, each by 3 points. They hope to beat the Jags for their third win of the season. 

Link: Hines and Taylor Out

What are your thoughts on the game?

Good luck. Enjoy the game! :applause::colts:

Indianapolis Colts Football GIF by Sealed With A GIF

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Gonna be a tough one today.

Missing a lot of key guys on both sides of the ball.

Hopefully with RB injuries, we come out and spread the field a little more. Make the defense cover us sideline to sideline and open the field up a little.

Looking forward to seeing what the OL starters look like going into game. Have had some extra days to get ready. So hopefully we are ready.

Football Sport GIF by Indianapolis Colts

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, w87r said:

Gonna be a tough one today.

Missing a lot of key guys on both sides of the ball.

Hopefully with RB injuries, we come out and spread the field a little more. Make the defense cover us sideline to sideline and open the field up a little.

Looking forward to seeing what the OL starters look like going into game. Have had some extra days to get ready. So hopefully we are ready.

Football Sport GIF by Indianapolis Colts

Without Taylor this will be tougher than I thought. I expected him to play. If Ryan wins this game, then that would be a good win with all the injuries we have.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Without Taylor this will be tougher than I thought. I expected him to play. If Ryan wins this game, then that would be a good win with all the injuries we have.

This will be a completely different game today I think.

Missing Pittman and Pierce last game hurt bad. Jags just stuffed the box. Made our depleted WR core beat them.

While missing Taylor and Hines sucks, it won't be as easy for the Jags to make us 1 dimensional. Hell we were "zero" dimensional in first game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, w87r said:

This will be a completely different game today I think.

Missing Pittman and Pierce last game hurt bad. Jags just stuffed the box. Made our depleted WR core beat them.

While missing Taylor and Hines sucks, it won't be as easy for the Jags to make us 1 dimensional. Hell we were "zero" dimensional in first game.

We did run the ball well without either against Denver at times. Yeah at least Matt has his #1 and #2 back at WR. Being at home helps too. I had plans to go to the game but a friend of mine backed out + I am just getting off work but staying up to watch. 

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We did run the ball well without either against Denver at times. Yeah at least Matt has his #1 and #2 back at WR. Being at home helps too. I had plans to go to the game but a friend of mine backed out + I am just getting off work but staying up to watch. 

Yeah but I am not sure if that’s because the Colts found something or Denver’s dline was gassed at the end when the Colts started getting good runs.

Here are my keys to watch:

Colts defense has to get off the field on third down.  That’s been a huge problem in the last two Jags games.

Colts offense has to sustain drives.  Again that’s been a huge problem in the last two Jags games.

How does Dayo do replacing Kwitty?  The run game defense took a nose dive when Kwitty went out Thursday but that could have also just been them being out of gas.

No mistakes early.  When Ryan threw that pick on the opening drive week two you could just feel the here we go again mentality take over on both sides and sure enough that’s what happened.

The line must play better.  The Jags front has owned the line of scrimmage in recent meetings with the Colts and they were already talking about having fun vs the Colts this week.  If that doesn’t motivate what should be the strength of this team to play well nothing will.  
Make Lawerence uncomfortable.  He’s just been too comfortable the last two games vs the Colts.  If you can get him uncomfortable he will make mistakes.  

• Like 1

Going golfing cant watch live, Ill watch tonight. Hoping to come on board late tonight after and see a lot of happy people, trying not to get my hopes up though. I have a feeling were looking at 5 plus sacks. Jags havn't won in Indy since 2017 so there is that.

• Like 1

Inactive list:

Colts: QB Nick Foles, C Wesley French, RB Nyheim Hines, DT Eric Johnson, LB Shaquille Leonard, DE Kwity Paye, RB Jonathan Taylor

Jaguars: WR Marvin Jones Jr., RB Snoop Conner, S Tyree Gillespie, CB Montaric Brown, LB De’Shaan Dixon, DL Folorunso Fatukasi

47 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Going golfing cant watch live, Ill watch tonight. Hoping to come on board late tonight after and see a lot of happy people, trying not to get my hopes up though. I have a feeling were looking at 5 plus sacks. Jags havn't won in Indy since 2017 so there is that.

Good day for golfing here, it is 60 degrees and no wind. Who knows how this freakin game will go, I did not expect Taylor to be out. 

32 minutes ago, Indy87 said:

I just want to see Ryan protect the ball. 

the line has to block better its making ryan panic and make dangerous throws .   even manning in playoff games against the patriots or steelers looked bad when the line was getting blown up every play .      we cant expect ryan to carry the team the team has to carry him

• Like 1