Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Film Study: Bernard Raimann Looked Explosive vs Broncos ((Merge))

krunk

10 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

You know what I’m really noticing with these breakdowns? Our QBs just hold on to the ball too long. Waiting… waiting… waiting… it’s not just Ryan. We’ve done since the Luck days. 

Franks plays take for forever to develop, its been a constant theme since he has been here.

22 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

You know what I’m really noticing with these breakdowns? Our QBs just hold on to the ball too long. Waiting… waiting… waiting… it’s not just Ryan. We’ve done since the Luck days. 

“Offensive scheming genius”. 

People have attacked me and assured me that frank is just that thousands of times since I started pointing out that frank is frank and he’s gonna frank over the last 3 years. 

1 hour ago, krunk said:

The narrator used the word explosive in his titling of the video.

Thanks for posting , Krunk! 

I think he did a pretty decent job in the second half once he started settling down. He's definitely our best option at LT IMO at least based on who's with this team right now. He hadn't played or practice in what, basically two weeks? I know he had practice during the short week but those really aren't practices. I think he will improve overall. 

By no means should we be sold on him though. Like the video said, it appears he needs to get stronger and that will take time. 

I’m sold, he is LT material. He has the feet. Just needs the strength against the bull rush and not playing too high on pass plays that it allows him to set his feet quickly within a yard or two.

Hes definitely going to get better with time and I hope they don’t muck around with removing him off the line up again.

Just now, Hark said:

No closed captions available on the video and I am deaf. Can somebody sum it up? Interested to hear the take.

Summary:  Raimann was getting a lot of flak from the broadcasters but the guy evaluating the tape said he actually played decently, especially in run blocking. Needs to work on his pass protection and get stronger but held his own against pretty good DE/DTs. Just an optimistic breakdown of his film. 

Just now, Mr.Debonair said:

He has to take the lumps now. The Broncos D-Line is a good way to start also. He won’t face much better than that. I also thought two of his penalties were nonsense

This is a good point. One of his "holding" calls was an incredibly weak call. I'm all for the kid being the starter moving forward. Let's take the lumps for the higher ceiling. 

1 minute ago, Hark said:

No closed captions available on the video and I am deaf. Can somebody sum it up? Interested to hear the take.

1. 2 of the penalties were tick tack

2. He has the athleticism and feet to move and reset

3. At this point in his career, his run blocking is better than his pass protection 

4. If he anchors down and stays low, he can handle the bull rush better but he sometimes plays high which gets him pushed towards the QB a bit more than we’d like against strong edge rushers

5. Example of him reacting really well to a stunt was provided showing he keeps his head truly on a swivel and that’s remarkable for a rookie, IMO

12 minutes ago, cjrulli said:

This is a good point. One of his "holding" calls was an incredibly weak call. I'm all for the kid being the starter moving forward. Let's take the lumps for the higher ceiling. 

I felt two of the holds were very ticky tacky, plus the officiating overall wasn't very good.  I agree about the "baptism by fire" approach they are taking with him.

This kid is going to be the long term answer, hasnt played the position very long and his learning curve is going to be quicker then most. Hoping in the short term he doesnt lose confidence, had a real bad preseason game and came back with a vengeance the next. Seems to have that fire in his belly.  I think this will be a great draft pick where we got him (Pierce,Thomas,Wood,Cross,Rainman...going to be quite a haul when evaluated in a few years especially if Ogletree comes back strong next year).

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

Last game against broncos Ryan was holding ball but defense didn’t fear the deep ball cause they knew line wouldn’t hold iup

8 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

This kid is going to be the long term answer

He's already 25.  If you want to get a few years out of him, you better play him, I suppose.  About 5 years or so from where Raimann is now Castonzo started hinting at retirement.

7 minutes ago, #12. said:

He's already 25.  If you want to get a few years out of him, you better play him, I suppose.  About 5 years or so from where Raimann is now Castonzo started hinting at retirement.

We really had a player hinting at retirement and our GM decided to ignore it lol

9 minutes ago, #12. said:

25 isnt old because his body doesnt have a lot of O line battle mileage built up like A.C. had.

29 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

This kid is going to be the long term answer, hasnt played the position very long and his learning curve is going to be quicker then most. Hoping in the short term he doesnt lose confidence, had a real bad preseason game and came back with a vengeance the next. Seems to have that fire in his belly.  I think this will be a great draft pick where we got him (Pierce,Thomas,Wood,Cross,Rainman...going to be quite a haul when evaluated in a few years especially if Ogletree comes back strong next year).

I hope you’re right, because then it’s one less thing we have to spend capital on next year.

10 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

25 isnt old because his body doesnt have a lot of O line battle mileage built up like A.C. had.

Well, a player and a car, for example, are two different things.  With a person, with an athlete, it's not just about the miles.  It's about the miles and aging, and everyone is different.

Hopefully he plays a while, but who knows.  He already missed one game due to injury.

23 minutes ago, #12. said:

Well, a player and a car, for example, are two different things.  With a person, with an athlete, it's not just about the miles.  It's about the miles and aging, and everyone is different.

Hopefully he plays a while, but who knows.  He already missed one game due to injury.

He also was much lighter so hasnt been carrying that 300lbs on his joints for years which should be a plus as long as his frame tolerates it.

3 hours ago, RollerColt said:

That means no one is open.  That goes back to what a lot of people have said for a while now these receivers can’t get open.

Saw this vid earlier this morning. Shows both the pros and the cons of his first start. 

I enjoyed it.

I hope we roll with him there the rest of the season. Let him improve his techniques, clean up penalties, etc... And I believe he will.

If we're going to flounder around again this season, might as well get this kid up to speed during that process.

Surprised at the title of this video, I thought I’d take a peek.

Take aways:

1. A couple of the penalties on him were “iffy”

2. A better run blocker than pass pro

3. He has the potential to be the LT of the future  

(Side note: Pryor needs to be moved to RG. He simply looks too slow to be a tackle)

I was going to post this myself as i had seen that video. I think the poster did a good job on the video. 

The refs , unless blatantly seen, they only throw the flag if it effects the play ,but yes there is holding on every play pretty much. 

They sure did miss some of DENVER holding. 

• w87r changed the title to Film Study: Bernard Raimann Looked Explosive vs Broncos ((Merge))

Let the rookie play. He needs to learn, but Kelly and Pryor need to be benched. I'm at a point where I'd try to trade Kelly if you can honestly. He has regressed since 2020. I'd start these five. Raimann Nelson Pinter Fries Smith

5 hours ago, CR91 said:

Let the rookie play. He needs to learn, but Kelly and Pryor need to be benched. I'm at a point where I'd try to trade Kelly if you can honestly. He has regressed since 2020. I'd start these five. Raimann Nelson Pinter Fries Smith

Trade Kelly and a pick for a good receiver so we aren’t relying on sad depth every time one WR gets injured

On 10/8/2022 at 2:03 PM, CR91 said:

i would keep Smith at RG maybe try D Kelly at RT or pick up someone like Fisher to play RT for us

The way he is pronouncing his name is offensive to my ears lol.

He is saying it as Burn-Hard Ray-Min

But his first name is literally just pronounced like you would expect the more commonly used in America "Bernard". His last name is pronounced more like Righ-man (the "Righ" being a bit like saying "high" but with an r instead of an h at the start.

14 hours ago, Hark said:

Never thought about that. The deafness is actually very recent. Lost hearing about 3 weeks ago.

I’m sorry that happened to you.   Weird that I made that connection but it is an interesting name if you have that condition  

On 10/8/2022 at 11:12 AM, Hark said:

Sorry about your condition, my step-dad is basically deaf as well. He has the best hearing aids you can have but when you talk to him you basically have to yell. He worked for the railroad for 40 years is what caused it. He can still hear because of the device but not well, better than nothing. Look into getting a device, technology is unreal now days. I am not sure what my step-dad has but he can hear a little now. 

Archived